PDA

View Full Version : New pair Kaela PFLUMM & Matteo GUARISE

Pages : 1 [2] 3

alhrayth
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I see, but the source regarding Federico was quite reliable...

:lol: I don't see anyone being more reliable than Sk8swan on Fede&Marika.... ;)

Sk8swan
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
:lol: I don't see anyone being more reliabe than Sk8swan on Fede&Marika.... ;)

:D and if he's lying to me about this... he's gonna regret it for the rest of his life! :EVILLE: :lol: :P

SamuraiK
05-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Honestly I don't agree with that. It seems like people think pairs is up for everyone to try like "I'm not successful in single let's do pairs". I don't like this perspective: pairs IMO is the most difficult discipline of all. Maybe because I'm familiar with the roller skating world where they "pair up" skaters at a very young age. This way they can grow together and learn more and more difficult pair elements and when they reach the highest level they have an amazing variety of different elements they can show off i.e. lifts. It seems to me though that ice teams paired up late in their career can rely (and that's IMO is a scoring's system bug) on high level difficulty on single elements to get the points and then keep showing the same lifts over and over again and settle for a 2twist. Honestly I'm more interesting in seeing different lifts with difficult entry/dismount, or a pair going for a 3twist and 2 difficult 3throws instead of going for 2 sets of sbs triples.

Dont get me wrong, I do agree with everything you say about not treating pairs as a "second best" option and ideally kids would try up from early age, but in Italy and lots of countries there's no such scenario so one has to take what there is.. you have an already succesful enough pair guy and tons of skilled girls without much chance of a single career. Its just 2+2 logic. :shuffle:

Sk8swan
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Dont get me wrong, I do agree with everything you say about not treating pairs as a "second best" option and ideally kids would try up from early age, but in Italy and lots of countries there's no such scenario so one has to take what there is.. you have an already succesful enough pair guy and tons of skilled girls without much chance of a single career. Its just 2+2 logic. :shuffle:

Of course one has to take what it's out there but if we keep this way of thinking we go nowhere. It's time that people in the sport realize they have to build up a "school" for pair skating starting from lil kids. And I'll go on and say that Italy is not like other nations: we have the best roller skating pair coaches who know exactly what it takes to build up successful pairs. So why not taking advantage of that?

Ian74!
05-09-2011, 04:26 PM
:D and if he's lying to me about this... he's gonna regret it for the rest of his life! :EVILLE: :lol: :P

I am not pretending at all to know more than her/him :lol:
(even if I really do not understand your comment....)
I am just saying that the person who told me this was someone really inside figure skating in Italy.
Of course, he/she is not Federico's girlfriend or partner! ;)

Regarding the comment about single/pairs transition, I understand your point, but we have also to be realistic. This is completely out of the italian culture: how many italian mothers will allow their little baby princess to "risk" their life being thrown away by a huge bad boy!!! :rolleyes::D:scream:
I just would like to remind you that a couple of years ago we had 0 pairs in Italy!!!

Sk8swan
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Regarding the comment about single/pairs transition, I understand your point, but we have also to be realistic. This is completely out of the italian culture: how many italian mothers will allow their little baby princess to "risk" their life being thrown away by a huge bad boy!!! :rolleyes::D:scream:

"roller" moms do that with no problems ;)

kia_4EverOnIce
05-09-2011, 08:25 PM
just joining to say :encore:

aftershocks
05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Interesting pairing ... would love to see how they look together on the ice. I've seen videos of Matteo with his former roller skating partner, Sara Venerucci. Couldn't find any clips of Kaela Pflumm with her former ice skating partner. However, here are links to separate photos of Kaela and Matteo (who is also famous for his modeling). They seem to have a kind of facial resemblance ...

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=38014&mode=P

http://johntancasting.blogspot.com/2011/01/predatormatteo-guarise.html

http://www.ohlalamag.com/en/2010/11/ohlala-matteo-guarise-for-hercules.html

Sk8swan
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Btw Matteo has his "diary" about the American experience published on Italian skating magazine Doppio Axel www.doppioaxel.it or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doppio-Axel/152001281509228?ref=ts (Italian only, sorry :( )

aftershocks
05-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks Sk8swan. Can someone provide an English translation?

loulou
05-22-2011, 12:32 PM
This is completely out of the italian culture: how many italian mothers will allow their little baby princess to "risk" their life being thrown away by a huge bad boy!!! :rolleyes::D:scream:

"roller" moms do that with no problems ;)

So do gymnastics mums.

-- Although, one big difference I see in Italy between roller skating and gymnastics on one side, and figure skating on the other, would be about how much money parents have to put in. That sort of comes in the way.

Sylvia
05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Does someone want to start a general Italian skating news thread?
ETA: Thanks to pingu for starting one :): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79001
(Go to the new thread for a video link of Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek's "Caruso" exhibition at Festa sul Ghiaccio 2011)

Sk8swan, do you know where Pflumm/Guarise plan to make their summer competition debut?

pingu
05-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Btw Matteo has his "diary" about the American experience published on Italian skating magazine Doppio Axel www.doppioaxel.it or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doppio-Axel/152001281509228?ref=ts (Italian only, sorry :( )

I couldn't find the diary :shuffle:

kia_4EverOnIce
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I couldn't find the diary :shuffle:

it's in the printed edition...it comes out every month and Matteo writes his diary here since last autumn ;)

FSWer
06-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Any photos of the new Team yet?