PDA

View Full Version : Lady GaGa Special on HBO

Allen
05-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Anyone else watching? It's pretty :watch: so far, I have to admit.

BigB08822
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM
I wish but I don't have HBO. I am sure it will be online soon enough.

Allen
05-08-2011, 03:16 AM
There are so many songs that I don't really care about, but the spectacle has been pretty top notch.

Liza Minelli is in the audience :cheer:

Matryeshka
05-08-2011, 04:16 AM
I just started watching. She's sporting a level 4 wedgie in that purple leopard print outfit. The music is kinda blah, but the costumes, staging, and lights are EXCELLENT.
My 58 year old mother loves the plastic flying nun getup. Her dancing has improved a lot, and maaaan, she can scream. YOU WILLL SKKKATTTEEEEE. (sorry)

I also like HBO showing the costume changes. It's amazing how it all comes together so quickly from number to number.

olympic
05-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I assume it will be repeated? I missed it and forgot to record it. :(

Allen
05-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I assume it will be repeated? I missed it and forgot to record it. :(

If you have an HBO subscription, you should be able to watch it on HBO Go.

BigB08822
05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
You can watch the entire thing here:
http://nl.justin.tv/jdellepiane/b/285432181

It is OK. I just don't know how well even the best concert can transfer to video. Sometimes, maybe all of the time, you just have to be there to get the same energy and excitement. I didn't realize that I don't know a lot of Gaga's songs. I know all of her singles and I had heard Monster, Speechless and Dancing in the Dark but all of the other ones are completely foreign to me.

Allen
05-09-2011, 05:59 AM
You can watch the entire thing here:
http://nl.justin.tv/jdellepiane/b/285432181

It is OK. I just don't know how well even the best concert can transfer to video. Sometimes, maybe all of the time, you just have to be there to get the same energy and excitement. I didn't realize that I don't know a lot of Gaga's songs. I know all of her singles and I had heard Monster, Speechless and Dancing in the Dark but all of the other ones are completely foreign to me.

I felt like there was too long of a section in the middle that I didn't know any of the songs. It would have been okay if I had liked the songs more. However, the ones that were singles were all really great, in my opinion. Of the lesser known songs, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich was my favorite from last night.

It's coming on right now on HBO2w.

BigB08822
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
I am finally in love with one of Gaga's new songs. Edge of Glory was released to iTunes today and it is fantastic.

Civic
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Is her stage name inspired by the Queen song, "Radio Ga Ga"? I've wondered about this time for some time.

Jot the Dot Dot
05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Is her stage name inspired by the Queen song, "Radio Ga Ga"? I've wondered about this time for some time.

Yes. Many stars have their "Entrance Songs", Bob Hope's was "Thanks For The Memories", Dolly Parton's is invariably "Nine To Five" or "Here You Come Again" . Hers was "Radio Gaga". One day before her Emcee singing it, a stage hand typed it up, and his computor 'corrected' Radio to Lady, and the rest is history.

UGG
05-10-2011, 07:37 PM
i thought the concert was really great.

canbelto
05-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I was at one of the concerts that was televised on HBO, and even in the nosebleed sections, the concert had an energy and sense of excitement that wasn't captured by watching it on HBO. Gaga in concert rocks, and until you've experienced an entire stadium singing along to "Bad Romance," you haven't experienced Gaga.