PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone coupon?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

BigB08822
05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Albertsons in the Baton Rouge area has a coupon in their circular to get a 24 pack of water for 99 cents. I wouldn't buy this normally because I drink the water from the fridge but hurricane season is fast approaching and this would be a wise buy for anyone down here. I still have water from last year so I will probably pass but who knows, might grab one just in case, your neighbors may need it.

BaileyCatts
05-12-2011, 04:22 AM
How on earth can an average family of 4-5 people use all that stuff before it expires?

I agree. That's what I don't get about some of those extreme coupon people (and I kinda feel like the person upthread who said its like the people on Hoarders, but just more organized). Unless you are someone like the Duggar family, how on earth do you use all that stuff up before it expires or goes bad? Their storerooms look like grocery store shelves and they have 2 kids? I just don't get the savings of it all if you end up throwing half the stuff out because it goes bad.

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 05:02 AM
A lot of them talk about the big donations they do to food banks and stuff but if they are doing donations why do you still have 100 boxes of cereal? I am very very picky when it comes to expiration dates. I won't eat anything past the expiration date unless it is something like milk which I can smell and even then that is only for 1-2 days after the date. I wont even eat canned foods after their expirations dates and I thought those were supposed to last forever. I would throw away way too many things. I would just like to get a few things for super cheap. I keep waiting for my Hamburger Helper to go on sale and find a good coupon (I have one coupon but its crap) so I can use that with my turkey meat which Albertsons wont stock. That would be a cheap meal, if I can ever get the stuff.

I looked through the circulars and I couldn't find anything to pair with a coupon, of course. Albertsons has Powerades on sale for 69 cents. Great deal, if I could even find a 25 cent coupon it would be worth buying a few just to have in the fridge. Not many, maybe 4-5 to take with us if we go exercising or lay out at the pool. Can I find a coupon, of course not...

Octoberopals
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM
QUESTION: On the various coupon sites I've visited, there is an area called "coupon downloader" or "coupon toolbar". When I hit it to install, my Nortin Anti-virus recommends that it contains a virus which will harm my computer.......so I don't install the 'coupon dowloader/toolbar'.

Has anyone had any such experiences with this situation?

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 09:54 PM
I went to Albertsons today and they had 6 packages of the turkey meat. I got all 6 and then told them to give me ANOTHER raincheck for the 4 remaining. They complied! I also got 3 Hamburger Helpers and used my $ .75 off coupon. They were on sale for 3/$5 but one of the ones I bought rang up for $1! Ugh, if I only knew which one it was ahead of time I would have just bought 3 of those. Either way I got $24.51 worth of groceries for $9.90! Saved over 50% My biggest success yet but I had to really wait and work for it.

FiveRinger
05-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I went to Albertsons today and they had 6 packages of the turkey meat. I got all 6 and then told them to give me ANOTHER raincheck for the 4 remaining. They complied! I also got 3 Hamburger Helpers and used my $ .75 off coupon. They were on sale for 3/$5 but one of the ones I bought rang up for $1! Ugh, if I only knew which one it was ahead of time I would have just bought 3 of those. Either way I got $24.51 worth of groceries for $9.90! Saved over 50% My biggest success yet but I had to really wait and work for it.

Cha-CHING! Now that's what I'm talking' 'bout! I am glad it worked out for you. Happy shopping!

Cherub721
05-13-2011, 01:31 AM
QUESTION: On the various coupon sites I've visited, there is an area called "coupon downloader" or "coupon toolbar". When I hit it to install, my Nortin Anti-virus recommends that it contains a virus which will harm my computer.......so I don't install the 'coupon dowloader/toolbar'.

Has anyone had any such experiences with this situation?

If it's from a site like coupons.com, redplum.com or an official site of a known brand, it should be fine.