PDA

View Full Version : CSOI Vancouver pre-show dinner

Pages : [1] 2 3

alilou
05-06-2011, 07:07 PM
kwanfan1818 and I are going to dinner before the show. Midori please join us :cheer2: and DFJ you've said you're going to the show. Come have dinner with us. :cheer2:

And anyone else who's going (or even if you're not) come join our pre-show party :40beers:

Jojo do you know if you have the box yet? If so that means you and manhn and sandraMGfan and overedge (and some others) too ? :cheer:

I haven't picked out a place yet. Anyone got any ideas? I know there's some restaurants within walking distance of Rogers arena and the skytrain. And we're also within walking distance of Chinatown and there must be some good places to eat there.

Once we've picked out a place to eat I thought it would be good to meet at about 5 or 5.30 to give us plenty of time to eat/visit/snark/:40beers: and get to the arena in time for the 7.30 start.

:cheer: See you all there!!!!!:cheer:

DFJ
05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
kwanfan1818 and I are going to dinner before the show. Midori please join us :cheer2: and DFJ you've said you're going to the show. Come have dinner with us. :cheer2:

And anyone else who's going (or even if you're not) come join our pre-show party :40beers:

Jojo do you know if you have the box yet? If so that means you and manhn and sandraMGfan and overedge (and some others) too ? :cheer:

I haven't picked out a place yet. Anyone got any ideas? I know there's some restaurants within walking distance of Rogers arena and the skytrain. And we're also within walking distance of Chinatown and there must be some good places to eat there.

Once we've picked out a place to eat I thought it would be good to meet at about 5 or 5.30 to give us plenty of time to eat/visit/snark/:40beers: and get to the arena in time for the 7.30 start.

:cheer: See you all there!!!!!:cheer:

My daughter is coming with me (sort of kicking and screaming, but she's such a sweetie she'll put up with me) and I'm assuming that she would be welcome since you're all so fabulous! I'm taking that day off but not sure about Danielle. I'll ask her and then get back to you. Any place with Stadium Station would be great as we'll be taking the train.

alilou
05-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Of course your daughter is welcome!

I just found this place as a possible place to eat
http://www.pivopublichouse.com/

It's 5 mins walk from the skytrain and 5 mins walk from the arena.

DFJ
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Of course your daughter is welcome!

I just found this place as a possible place to eat
http://www.pivopublichouse.com/

It's 5 mins walk from the skytrain and 5 mins walk from the arena.

Perfect for me...any place with onion rings on the menu!

alilou
05-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Perfect for me...any place with onion rings on the menu!

And I'll be in heaven with pesto prawn flatbread (which I think/hope is a kind of pizza thingy) and key lime pie :swoon:

SandraMGfan
05-06-2011, 09:01 PM
And I'll be in heaven with pesto prawn flatbread (which I think/hope is a kind of pizza thingy) and key lime pie :swoon:

You had me at Pesto! :P
I'm in for dinner as I work right next to Rogers Arena! So I can make it for 5-5.30 :cheer2:

alilou
05-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Sandra does Jojo have the box or do you have a ticket?

manhn
05-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I may or may not attend csoi but I won't be able to go to the pre-show dinner as I work too far late and away. But have fun!

midori
05-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Thank you for organizing the dinner, Alilou! I am in :cheer:

I think I will be there by 5 because I'd like to leave for the arena rather early, about 6.30, and I also would like to have plenty dinner + talk before leaving!

alilou
05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Midori - looking forward to seeing you. And I'll have some DVD's for you.

SandraMGfan
05-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Sandra does Jojo have the box or do you have a ticket?

I haven't heard anything from JoJo and no tix for me. But where's there is food (and snark), there is usually me :shuffle:

Sorry if I gave people false hope...

DFJ
05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I haven't heard anything from JoJo and no tix for me. But where's there is food (and snark), there is usually me :shuffle:

Sorry if I gave people false hope...

Sandra, am I reading this right - do you not have a ticket?

Japanfan
05-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Sandra doesn't have a ticket and neither do I - there was a possibility that one of the local gang might have access to a box for the show courtesy of her work. Don't know if that is still a possibility.

I might buy a ticket at the last minute and if not, can probably come for dinner.

alilou
05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Just bumping this thread so people don't miss it. It's getting close :cheer:

WildRose
05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Please count me in - thanks for organizing this Alilou!