PDA

View Full Version : CSOI Vancouver pre-show dinner

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DFJ
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Just wondering what time (5:00, 5:30)? Outside the restaurant?

alilou
05-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Let's go for 5 as some people want to get to the arena quite early (for :sekret: reasons of their own).

Rosaleen is also going to SOI so I'm going to find out if the restaurnt is wheelchair accessible.

Yay Wild Rose! :cheer2:

SandraMGfan
05-10-2011, 02:19 AM
alilou, I can go and ask tomorrow at lunchtime.
Is that 7 people so far? I can also book for 7 and if there are more, I'll go and update the booking on Thursday night.

Jojo said she would come. I don't know about anybody else...

alilou
05-10-2011, 06:33 AM
alilou, I can go and ask tomorrow at lunchtime.
Is that 7 people so far? I can also book for 7 and if there are more, I'll go and update the booking on Thursday night.

Jojo said she would come. I don't know about anybody else...

That would be great. And if it is we need to add Rosaleen to the list. Is Jojo coming to the dinner or just the show? If she's coming to the dinner it's 10 so far. There are others who may be in the box but we don't know if they'll be at the dinner or not.

alilou
DFJ
DFJ's daughter
Japanfan
Wild Rose
kwanfan1818
Midori
SandraMGfan
Jojo
Rosaleen
:cheer2:

SandraMGfan
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
That would be great. And if it is we need to add Rosaleen to the list. Is Jojo coming to the dinner or just the show? If she's coming to the dinner it's 10 so far. There are others who may be in the box but we don't know if they'll be at the dinner or not.

I will check if it's accessible and if it is, I will book for 10 people (5 p.m., Friday 13th).
If others show interest in attending the dinner, I can stop by again (it's really just 2 min away from my work) and change the booking on Thursday or worst case scenario Friday at lunch time.

DFJ has kindly offered me her daughter's ticket, so I will be attending the show :) that makes 9 of us, but there's no hurt in booking for 10!

Thanks again DFJ :cool: You rock :40beers:

alilou
05-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Let me know asap if it's accessible (you can email me if you like) and I'll phone Banfield to arrange handydart for Rosaleen.

SandraMGfan
05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Pivo can't accomodate wheelchairs or a 10 people group. :(

Nuba (lebanese food, West Hastings and Hamilton St) is really good, but only accessible by stairs. There is also a Moxie's on West Georgia (and Hamilton), but never been there.
Any other ideas around Rogers Arena?

alilou
05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I've been looking and looking. There seems to be lots of fast food and breakfast/lunch places.

Moxie's is wheelchair accessible. They don't take reservations when there's an event at the arena but said we should be ok at 5pm. It gets 66% good reviews. It's 15 mins walk from arena.

Then there's East Fusion Food in Tinseltown. It's wheelchair accessible. It gets 86% good reviews. Although they call themselves fusion according to the reviews it's really Chinese. It's only about 10 mins from arena. I went ahead and booked it :shuffle: I hope people are ok with Chinese. If not I can cancel it and change it to Moxie's. Can't think of anywhere else.

East Fusion Food (on urbanspoon - they don't seem to have their own website) http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/1432706/restaurant/Gastown/East-Fusion-Food-Vancouver

Moxies http://www.moxies.ca/menu

DFJ
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Chinese is just fine with me...5:00?

alilou
05-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, 5pm

WildRose
05-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Looks good to me! I'll be there at 5:00 :)

DFJ
05-11-2011, 12:56 AM
alilou: What name is the reservation under?

alilou
05-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Alison :D

victoriajh
05-11-2011, 05:30 AM
have fun gang! i dont have a ticket this year! i am sure we willl hear all about it from you alll! i would love to Vm's free dance (show version)!! but sadly i will be at lacrosse games instead!!!

Jojo
05-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll be there for sure, and I'll probably bring a friend as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone - we'll be there at 5 pm.

Jojo