PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

LuckyCharm
05-05-2011, 02:27 AM
I love Haley's cocky ass glare at the end of her performance.

Tesla
05-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Girl was pissed. And I don't blame her. The judges always throw her under the bus.

taf2002
05-05-2011, 03:08 AM
James is my 2nd favorite but he was mediocre tonight. I think Without You could have been good but he got too choked up. The 1st song was just pitchy & screechy & pretty bad.

Jacob was horrible in both songs but he continues his love affair with himself, saying he has appeal for everyone. I think he meant someone. Maybe his mother.

Lauren was kareoke on both songs but the 1st was the better one because her eyes weren't dead on it. And the edit for UM was painful. BTW who is dressing her? Was she going to a beauty pageant later?

As goofy as Scotty's Gone was, it was still fun & a pretty good vocal. I'll never be a real fan because his accent drives me crazy. I've been to N. Carolina & everyone doesn't talk like that. It's like he's laying it on thick or something. His 2nd song wasn't as good, probably because both Elvis & Willie Nelson killed that song & his didn't compare, but it was still pretty good. Next to Haley, I thought he did 2nd best tonight.

Haley-I love Gaga & I love Haley but I didn't love that song. I thought she did it well but it wasn't a good idea. Idol fans like familiar songs. Her 2nd song killed. I have 3 or 4 of her downloads & I'll probably buy it.

cailuj365
05-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Okay, I was totally feeling that from Haley. Especially the beginning, which gave me shivers. I kind of wish she had kept it acapella the whole way.

ETA: Even better upon 2nd viewing!

KikiSashaFan
05-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Haley :cheer:

BigB08822
05-05-2011, 03:19 AM
I missed Haley because our DVR quit recording with 10 minutes left. What gives? I will find it online ASAP. Randy continues to outright lie in order to hold up Jacob. He has claimed he gave the best performance in the history of Idol and tonight he claims he hit the highest note ever on Idol. Kelly Clarkson hit whistle register during "Natural Woman" in season 1. I also don't count random screams as high notes, how about singing an actual lyric while hitting that note, not nearly as easy. He sucked, again, and NEEDS to go home.

I felt James was trying the hardest to win and by that I mean trying with all of his mite to make himself cry that one wittle bitty tear.

Lauren sounded great, as always. First song was awesome. The 2nd was an odd arrangement and she purposely went around the glory note by cutting it out of the song. I don't know why because she has the talent and she went into head voice so effortlessly during that song. She doesn't have the confidence in herself and the judges have said that before, now I see how right they are.

Scotty doesn't even register for me but I am sure he is safe.

Haley always gets thrown under the bus. I don't think it was wise to do a song no one has ever heard (cept Gaga freaks) but she did make history. No one else has ever done a song on the show before it was ever released! I guess she got thrown under the bus not only by the judges but by Jimmy since it was all his idea. She should be pissed and give a good feck you to the judges if she is around next week because I don't see her getting past Scotty, Lauren, or James. Top 4 would be a HUGE victory for her, though.

cailuj365
05-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Whaaat, Haley going home tomorrow? Jfc, I realize the other contestants have their fanbases, but her performance was definitely a "moment" for me. Gave me vibes a la Adam's "Mad World" in some ways.

Wow, I actually keep hitting replay on this youtube video. I liked it that much. :D

BigB08822
05-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I have voted for her about 10 times, though. I usually don't vote at all so I hope it helps. I also threw Lauren about 5 votes.

Found the video. Very good!

cailuj365
05-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Can someone link me to Haley's last performance? It is the one I missed.

I have voted for her about 10 times, though. I usually don't vote at all so I hope it helps. I also threw Lauren about 5 votes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035GStnLOaI

Okay, I may actually just vote for Haley, and I've never voted before.

BigB08822
05-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Please do vote for her!

1-866-4365-705

She probably needs every single vote.

cailuj365
05-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I just sent a few texts. Wow, I've broken my voting cherry, haha. But whatever, I liked that performance that much.

Your post earlier actually motivated me to vote, because I realized that it's probably people like me (people who watch the show and appreciates good performances but usually don't care enough to actually vote) that's making people like Haley end up in the bottom three every week.

my little pony
05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
haribobo are you sitting down? i'm throwing your hayley some votes

shan
05-05-2011, 03:48 AM
I couldn't stand Haley at the beginning of the season b/c of that one performance that she slurred her way through. It was annoying to see her in the finals. But now I find myself cheering her on over the mediocre Lauren, :yikes: Scotty, and :scream: Jacob. James doesn't bother me nearly as much as these three, so I would like to see a Haley/James final.

LuckyCharm
05-05-2011, 03:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035GStnLOaI

Okay, I may actually just vote for Haley, and I've never voted before.

I've watched it about a half dozen times now. All I can say is that it was too short.

Off to download something from iTunes for only the second time ever. The other time was that group from The Sing-Off doing "Cooler Than Me."

BigB08822
05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Maybe our overwhelming response to Haley is telling of what America feels as a whole and she will get voted through. I think she can as I truly feel Jacob has run his course and did himself no favors tonight. The judges tried with everything they have to save him, however.