PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

Aceon6
05-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I was also enraged over Randy's claim of non-support of Haley. It makes me really want to throw my votes at her, regardless of how she does, and she's not even my cup of tea. I just wonder whose Cheerios she p*ssed on to get all this.

Yes, I wish they'd be honest like Simon was midway through Season 1. He wasn't on the Kelly bandwagon early, but by the Top 5 he clearly said that he had changed his mind.

taf2002
05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I was also enraged over Randy's claim of non-support of Haley. It makes me really want to throw my votes at her, regardless of how she does, and she's not even my cup of tea. I just wonder whose Cheerios she p*ssed on to get all this.

I think it's more that she's upstaging Lauren as being the strongest girl. If Haley was doing just enough to get by I don't think we'd be getting this kind of edit. Previously in the season Haley was getting more support. But when she started improving & her numbers started growing, I think TPTB started getting worried for their pre-selected Last Girl Standing. I'm not sure they want Lauren to win at this point, but they don't want another girl to outlast her.

If you asked me who was born with the better pipes, I would say Lauren. But I'm not sure that her problem is her age or lack of confidence. I think it's that killer instinct that drives exceptional people. If anyone needs their work ethic questioned, it isn't Haley. I think Lauren backs off the glory notes because she hasn't practiced her songs with the glory notes in every runthrough. If she did, they wouldn't desert her on performance night.

I can't wait to see how Lauren comes back from this. Will she be defeated or will she fight back?

eta corrected some words for clarity

Rob
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I am rooting for a James/Haley final, but I don't think for a minute that Scotty will be eliminated before the final.

I really think Lauren (and Thia) should have waited a year or so. They judges/coaches keep raving about the great quality in Lauren's voice, and I just don't hear it. I can't say it's not there, she just doesn't access it. Or it doesn't come across on TV. If it is a Lauren/Scotty final, I doubt I will even bother watching.

Allskate
05-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I think Haley is going home this week. It's not just because of the judges/producers. Scotty and James clearly are the two most popular. Lauren ended up in the bottom two and looked so sad last week, which I think will motivate her fans to vote like crazy for her this week. I think Lauren will probably get the boot next week.

rfisher
05-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I think they wanted James in the final (ergo the undeserved praise last week), but I really don't see much commercial opportunity for him. I'll predict now if he gets a contract and puts out an album, it'll be the only one before said contract is pulled.

numbers123
05-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I think they can do whatever they want.

Bingo!

They can, and they probably will.

Yes - I never for a moment believe that the results are anything but what TPTB want. Even the failures like Taylor Hicks.

AxelAnnie
05-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Why is a judge "rooting for" someone or not anyway? I would think the only thing they should be rooting for is that all of them to do their best...and knock the ball out of the park.

PrincessLeppard
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes - I never for a moment believe that the results are anything but what TPTB want. Even the failures like Taylor Hicks.

Really? I don't think they even wanted Kris Allen in the top five, and yet he won. I think they attempt to manipulate, but go with the actual numbers, Taylor Hicks or no Taylor Hicks.

Didn't rfisher read a book about behind the scenes at Idol? What did it say about the voting?

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Really? I don't think they even wanted Kris Allen in the top five, and yet he won. I think they attempt to manipulate, but go with the actual numbers, Taylor Hicks or no Taylor Hicks.

Exactly. They do their best to get the results they want but they do not change them. That is just conspiracy theories going wild, bitterness, etc. There has been absolutely no evidence that they have ever lied about any of the results. They have manipulated results MANY times. A recent example was insinuating that Scotty was bottom 2. He wasn't, as we found out the next week, but by putting him there they probably boosted his vote total the next week. Maybe his numbers had slipped and they wanted to assure that his fan base took notice and began power voting again.

Allskate
05-12-2011, 12:18 AM

Didn't rfisher read a book about behind the scenes at Idol? What did it say about the voting?

I think that book pretty much says exactly what the producers want it to say. There are very strict confidentiality agreements with Idol. Breach that agreement and you will not only lose your job, but owe a huge amount of damages.

Having said that, I agree with you that the actual numbers are what they use, but there's a lot of manipulation that goes into those numbers. People like Kris Allen just sometimes end up triumphing despite the manipulations. I don't think that's going to happen with Haley though.