PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

PrincessLeppard
05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, James was :yikes: when he sang 30 Seconds to Mars, and I have survived. Barely.:P

But, yeah, WASP would be :respec: and then Randy could look them up on wikipedia and talk expertly about their troubles with Congress. :P

taf2002
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Sin Wagon would be ok as long as Haley didn't have to start it like the Dixie Chicks did. Was anything more awkward than Lauren's ONE TWO THREE FOUR last week? Of course the problem with this song is that Randy would be confused & would think Haley doesn't know who she is. And if Jennifer had never heard of the song she would think Haley took a stupid risk.

I think maybe this has already been mentioned but the perfect song for Haley now would be Cee Lo Green's Fcuk You. Both the song itself & the lyrics would be so appropriate. But one thing puzzles me. Since they have so determinely been throwing her under the bus, why did she get to close the show 2 wks in a row? The only thing I can think is that no one one wanted to follow House of the Rising Sun.

PrincessLeppard
05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not so convinced anymore about the Haley conspiracy theories, though I did want to clock the judges upside the head when they picked on Haley for song choice on the Gaga song.

I know I have my issues with Idoloonies. I very much miss Idolatry. That said, I wish Slezak would post the one for this week already. :mad:

nerdycool
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Me too. I keep on checking both his twitter and the actual Idoloonies page to see if it's been updated. His latest tweet says it'll be up some time this afternoon-ish.

And I agree about Idolatry... Kristen was the best part of that, and I wish she would have gone with Michael.

shan
05-11-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm not so convinced anymore about the Haley conspiracy theories, though I did want to clock the judges upside the head when they picked on Haley for song choice on the Gaga song.

I know I have my issues with Idoloonies. I very much miss Idolatry. That said, I wish Slezak would post the one for this week already. :mad:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/idoloonies-haley-scotty-james-lauren-jacob-idol/#more-215478

Allskate
05-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Which explains her good critiques, even when she struggles. Everyone in the final 4 has some positives and some negatives. Watch Jimmy's words Wednesday night to see if he's still honest about Lauren, or if Nigel et al have sent him a memo to get with the program.

Maybe Nigel will change his mind? I think they've been disappointed in Lauren and she hasn't lived up to their expectations. She has shown no growth and really isn't a great vocalist or performer. And maybe they don't want two country singers in the finale. But maybe they only care that she's a southern teen who sings country and that's enough for them.

BigB08822
05-11-2011, 05:01 AM
I think Lauren is a great vocalist. I don't think she comes close to doing what she is capable of because of her nerves but that says more about her performance ability than it does her vocals. She is rarely off pitch or hits a bad note and has really nice tone, IMO. Much about someone's voice is so subjective but I think it has been clear that among this group she has always been one of the top 4-5 vocalists.

PrincessLeppard
05-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Wow, that sound clip from Randy? "I'm not rooting for her"? Wow. Just.....wow.

Allskate
05-11-2011, 05:12 AM
I think Lauren is a great vocalist. I don't think she comes close to doing what she is capable of because of her nerves but that says more about her performance ability than it does her vocals. She is rarely off pitch or hits a bad note and has really nice tone, IMO. Much about someone's voice is so subjective but I think it has been clear that among this group she has always been one of the top 4-5 vocalists.

It is subjective. I certainly don't think Lauren is bad and I think she could have a decent career, but I don't think she is "great" either. I agree that she is amongst the top five vocalists out of the finalists, but that doesn't make her great. I don't know what she's really capable of, but it doesn't really matter if she's been unable to show it this far into the season. I think she might have benefitted from a few more years experience before coming on the show. I don't think she's learned much during this show other than how to be scared silly. I think she might have a nervous breakdown if she goes home this week. :(

I know. I wonder if that really was Randy. It was hard to tell. But, it has been very clear that the judges were not supporting Haley. Other singers get rave reviews when they have their weakest performances, but Haley can't get raves even when she sings her best.

taf2002
05-11-2011, 05:26 AM
I was not raving about Haley when the season started. Honestly I wasn't raving about any of the top 13. I thought some of the cut ones were better than the top 13. But starting with her performance of Blue, I've been on her bandwagon ever since. And I don't think she's ever bombed since Hollywood week.

Last week I absolutely loved both performances. Right after the show I googled a live performance of Gaga singing You & I, and I actually liked Haley's arrangement a bit better. Not saying she is a better singer, that is subjective, but a better arrangement. I didn't need Idoloonies to prompt me to be enraged at the unfair critique from JLo & Randy. For Jacob & James to receive more praise for their screaming messes was insane.

If they honestly don't like Haley's voice or the way she performs then OK. But critique the others too. I've seen Jlo make faces whenever the 2 of them hit sour notes & then afterwards give them a gush fest & never mention the mistakes. Once Haley is gone I won't finish the season. The inequities are just too great for me to enjoy any of the others anymore.

BigB08822
05-11-2011, 05:44 AM

Sickening, really. I would be so thrilled if Hailey somehow won this thing. It would make me so very happy, probably the happiest I have been on this show since Kelly won in season 1. The judges have never thrown someone under the bus so blatantly. Not sure if it is a problem with Nigel being back on board or if it is their choice and reflects the new judging panel. Randy's lies, exaggerations and other basic BS about Jacob Lusk all season was really infuriating as well

BigB08822
05-11-2011, 05:48 AM
I think she might have a nervous breakdown if she goes home this week. :(

I am quite worried. I think the only way we wont see her completely melt down is if she makes the final 2. She might handle not winning better than being eliminated, if that makes sense. I don't see how she will be able to sing a farewell song.

I know. I wonder if that really was Randy. It was hard to tell.

I don't see who else it could be. No one else is wearing a mic to be picked up. An audience member or even a crew member or producer would have to be yelling or talking very loud right into the judges or Ryan's mics to come through like that.

taf2002
05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I am quite worried. I think the only way we wont see her completely melt down is if she makes the final 2. She might handle not winning better than being eliminated, if that makes sense. I don't see how she will be able to sing a farewell song.

I remember a young girl in about season 6 or 7 being eliminated very early & just burst out crying. If that happens for Lauren I will feel bad for her, but singing the farewell song is not that big a deal. And I agree she won't be able to do it.

I don't see who else it could be. No one else is wearing a mic to be picked up. An audience member or even a crew member or producer would have to be yelling or talking very loud right into the judges or Ryan's mics to come through like that.

I am not surprised Randy is toeing the party line. He would not be able to earn as much as he gets for Idol if they cut him next season. I guess JLo wants to come back too since she's drinking the kool-aid too. I don't think Steven is part of it, maybe because he wouldn't do it or maybe because they felt no one is influenced by him anyway since he sleeps thru so much of it. But it was shameful.

victoriaheidi
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I know. I wonder if that really was Randy. It was hard to tell. But, it has been very clear that the judges were not supporting Haley. Other singers get rave reviews when they have their weakest performances, but Haley can't get raves even when she sings her best.

Ok, maybe not (why do I always pick people whom the judges dislike? Rachael Flatt, Haley Reinhart?), but the audiences (and Lyndsey Parker!) love her.

nerdycool
05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I was also enraged over Randy's claim of non-support of Haley. It makes me really want to throw my votes at her, regardless of how she does, and she's not even my cup of tea. I just wonder whose Cheerios she p*ssed on to get all this.