PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

Fridge_Break
05-06-2011, 04:55 AM
:rofl: I was a :eek: at the end of the broadcast when he went into caterwauling. I think that was the most bizarre thing I've ever heard on AI (well not counting crazy auditions). That was what Randy was asking for....

Are you including the Gokey Screech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAKLuAcOXA)?

shan
05-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Are you including the Gokey Screech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAKLuAcOXA)?

Eww I forgot about that, but actually I think Jacob was worse tonight. :scream:

Kasey
05-06-2011, 05:02 AM
It's official...Jacob out-Gokey'ed Gokey. That performance gave me chills...because it was like the call of the dead. UGH

Allskate
05-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Jacob does have some talent and his screaming was better than Gokey's. But, I really dislike the way he used his voice and am so glad he's gone and I'm betting that the majority of viewers are glad, too. I hope Idol provides him with a good shrink to help deal with it when he realizes he's not a superstar and most of America does not love him.

I think Haley will go home next week. Lauren's fans will vote like crazy for her. If James wasn't in the bottom two with these performances, there's no way he's the next to go. My guess is that Lauren will leave final three week and Scotty will inherit most of her votes and win in the finale against James.

taf2002
05-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Adam Lambert tweeted today that Haley's performance of Rising Sun "just watched the TiVo of idol last night. That was the SEXIEST thing EVER on idol. Saaaaaaaang!!!"

Kelly Clarkson "Um Haley on Idol just killed it! Wow!! You can sing girl! One of my favorite performances ever on Idol!"

Haley has a lot of celebrity support & I think she's getting Casey's voters. I think Lauren will leave before Haley. I want Lauren to go next, then James. I don't like Scotty but I can't deny he has a lot of talent.

cailuj365
05-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Jacob doesn't have that many twitter followers compared to the other contestants. Not that twitter numbers correlate directly to consumer interest, but it's still a decent popularity indicator, and judging by his numbers, Jacob is not the superstar he thinks he is.

Adam has gushed like crazy over Haley for awhile. He doesn't think the judges give her enough credit for how difficult her vocal technique is. There was an interview a few weeks ago where he gave some thoughts about the contestants. He wished that Casey would stop grunting because it overshadows his talent and that James was more original with interpretations, I think.

That stuff about JLo is so freaking sad. Good god. The judges' panel just got a little more pathetic. That said, out of the 20 songs released in the past two years that told me to "just dance" "on the floor" "with my hands up" "till the world ends," J.Lo's is definitely on par with the rest of them! :D I also like how "Inception" has become the new rap reference, lmao.

rfisher
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
JLo is the perfect example of how you can be a successful singer without actually being able to sing. Talent is only a small part of success. With the right producer, songs, and looks, you can score big. She had P Diddy (or whatever he's calling himself now) then Ben Afflack's support in the business which was much more valuable then her voice ever was.

skatesindreams
05-06-2011, 02:53 PM
He fell in love with himself, apparently. :lol:

Jacob also believed that he was a better singer than he really was.
The AI producers/judges were "seduced" for a while, too,

Thankfully, it's over.

cruisin
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
JLo is the perfect example of how you can be a successful singer without actually being able to sing. Talent is only a small part of success. With the right producer, songs, and looks, you can score big. She had P Diddy (or whatever he's calling himself now) then Ben Afflack's support in the business which was much more valuable then her voice ever was.

But, she is a really good performer/dancer, and I think that helps.

Tesla
05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
JLo can't sing. Seriously. Here's how I know:

About 4 or 5 years ago I was at a recording session in Long Island, where JLo, Billy Joel, Celine, Britney and others do their recording. I saw all their pictures up and was talking to the head honcho. He said, "well, you realize JLo can't sing." I said, "well, she was never one of my favorites." He said, "No, you don't understand. She's absolutely tone deaf. She sounds like the rejects during the first week of American Idol."

I went on to ask him about her live performances. He said, "JLo will NEVER sing live, she will always lip sync." He went on to say that they spend hours in the studio auto-tuning and correcting every single pitch, she's that bad. I asked him why she would bother pretending she's a singer. He said, "she's Jennifer Lopez. Her press agents know her albums will sell."

That explains some of her comments.

LuckyCharm
05-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Just watched the performances from this week.. Haley freaking had the song of the season, as far as I'm concerned. I've never heard House of the Rising Sun performed that great... she's grown sooooooo much since this thing started, and has 100% of my support from here on out. I hope she wins.

For me, I've never before gone from "Why is this person even here?" at the beginning of the season to "OMG, I can't wait to buy her album!" And speaking of growth, she's not only grown vocally, but she seems to have given up the creepy, kitschy performing style that made cringe. She still has some odd mannerisms, but I can deal with those because at least they seem to be natural.

Aceon6
05-07-2011, 02:16 AM
For me, I've never before gone from "Why is this person even here?" at the beginning of the season to "OMG, I can't wait to buy her album!" And speaking of growth, she's not only grown vocally, but she seems to have given up the creepy, kitschy performing style that made cringe. She still has some odd mannerisms, but I can deal with those because at least they seem to be natural.

I agree. Being somewhat of a quant jock, I rate them before the performance shows start, then keep track of how they do. I ranked Haley 12, just ahead of Ashthon, and couldn't understand what it was about her that made her better than the other Lauren who didn't make the Top 13. Right now, I have Haley ranked #2, and she'd be higher if her first two weeks were a little stronger. I think she'll do very well. She comes across as someone who can learn without losing herself in the process.

KikiSashaFan
05-07-2011, 02:20 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/06/american-idol-jimmy-iovine-jacob-lusk-song-reject-elimination-song-chioce/

:blah: Lauren's song choices were bad too. One of Haley's wasn't the best. Casey didn't listen to him, you didn't have to either. Etc.

nerdycool
05-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I've heard enough about this, so I don't doubt they're getting bad advice. This is where it's important to know your strengths and what you want... and the strength to stand up for it. And it's no doubt hard to question a proven music producer's opinion, but if there's any doubt about a song choice, you have to speak up! Especially since there's so little room for error once you're in the top 5.

And FWIW, I would be curious to hear Jacob's "Crazy", and think it would have been a better choice than "No Air".

KikiSashaFan
05-07-2011, 02:52 AM
I think anything would have been a better choice than No Air. Casey proved though that they can speak up and make their own decisions in the end, so it is possible. I think it just rubs me the wrong way because I'll bet if the judges had heaped praises on the performace he probably wouldn't have thanked Jimmy for the choice. Goes both ways.