PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

topaz
05-06-2011, 02:03 AM
And no one will buy it.

He sounds horrible again tonight. He needs to learn how to stay on pitch. Tamyra did that song way better than he ever could. Why does he keep doing these awful notes???? STOP....

Tamyra didn't have greats come see him sing :lol:

I completely understand that lots of people who watch AI and folks from this board do not really listen to and keep up with R&B music. That's fine. But he's a singer than can find a place in R&B and have a very good career.

Jenna
05-06-2011, 02:03 AM
I just don't think anyone has a shot at the final 2 besides James and Scotty. I will be beyond shocked if Lauren or Haley sneak in. I am happy with this final 4 even if Scotty isn't my cup of tea. Glad to see things generally worked out in the end, as they usually do.

Yeah. These four were highlights from the beginning for me. Haley was a bit of a surprise..I think she could have been out weeks ago if she didn't turn it on. Even if she left the competition now, she has a whole lot to be proud of.

shan
05-06-2011, 02:05 AM

I completely understand that lots of people who watch AI and folks from this board do not really listen to and keep up with R&B music. That's fine. But he's a singer than can find a place in R&B and have a very good career.

I'm not a R&B expert, but I tend to think that singing in tune is kind of important in any singing career. :scream:

BigB08822
05-06-2011, 02:06 AM

I get your point but Tamyra was in the first season and the show was NOTHING compared to what it is now as far as viewership and followers. A few celebrities showed up to the finale but that was really it. Idol better learned how to play the game and began getting celebrities in the audience in later seasons.

Rob
05-06-2011, 02:11 AM
You know me. I voted for him.

He will have a record out within the year.
I did too. Except not this week-he lost too
much control especially in No Air

I voted for James and Haley this week. Haley
totally killed her last song. I found Lauren and
Scotty dull-can't even remember what they sang.

taf2002
05-06-2011, 02:57 AM

I love R&B. Ruben Stoddard was R&B. I love Ruben. He sings NOTHING like Jacob. (Actually I don't call what Jacob does singing.) R&B is supposed to be smooth like buttah. It is NOT screaming & sticking your tongue out & hip thrusts & rubbing yourself.

BigB08822
05-06-2011, 03:20 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again. Jacob appears to have learned how to perform from watching his favorite drag queens at the local gay bar. Nothing wrong with that, I love a good drag show but it isn't what ANYONE is doing right now in the industry. A woman can move and sing like he does but no man has ever gotten away with it and I don't think it will happen for him. His singing is much more in line with what I think of as gospel but how accepting is the Christian market of obviously homosexual men?

taf2002
05-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Didn't you fall in love with him? Why not, don't you know he appeals to everybody?

BigB08822
05-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Didn't you fall in love with him? Why not, don't you know he appeals to everybody?

He fell in love with himself, apparently. :lol:

topaz
05-06-2011, 03:55 AM
I love R&B. Ruben Stoddard was R&B. I love Ruben. He sings NOTHING like Jacob. (Actually I don't call what Jacob does singing.) R&B is supposed to be smooth like buttah. It is NOT screaming & sticking your tongue out & hip thrusts & rubbing yourself.

It isn't. Patti Labelle screams, sticks her tongue out, runs around the stage.

If Teddy Pendergrass rubbed himself and did hip thrust:P

nubka
05-06-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm so glad I won't have to listen to Jacob's wailing any longer. He really made my eardrums bleed... :scream:

Kruss
05-06-2011, 04:08 AM
It's 2 hours later, and I think Jacob is still singing those last notes. :lol:

So glad he finally went home. So glad Haley made it through. If she makes it through next week, the NW suburbs of Chicago have another homecoming to plan. :)

skateboy
05-06-2011, 04:37 AM
JLo can't sing. Seriously. Here's how I know:

About 4 or 5 years ago I was at a recording session in Long Island, where JLo, Billy Joel, Celine, Britney and others do their recording. I saw all their pictures up and was talking to the head honcho. He said, "well, you realize JLo can't sing." I said, "well, she was never one of my favorites." He said, "No, you don't understand. She's absolutely tone deaf. She sounds like the rejects during the first week of American Idol."

I went on to ask him about her live performances. He said, "JLo will NEVER sing live, she will always lip sync." He went on to say that they spend hours in the studio auto-tuning and correcting every single pitch, she's that bad. I asked him why she would bother pretending she's a singer. He said, "she's Jennifer Lopez. Her press agents know her albums will sell."

Fridge_Break
05-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Just watched the performances from this week.. Haley freaking had the song of the season, as far as I'm concerned. I've never heard House of the Rising Sun performed that great... she's grown sooooooo much since this thing started, and has 100% of my support from here on out. I hope she wins.

shan
05-06-2011, 04:52 AM
It's 2 hours later, and I think Jacob is still singing those last notes. :lol:

:rofl: I was a :eek: at the end of the broadcast when he went into caterwauling. I think that was the most bizarre thing I've ever heard on AI (well not counting crazy auditions). That was what Randy was asking for....