PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

taf2002
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I think the jury is still out on Haley. She is cute, has great hair, & has a really good figure plus she has at least as good a voice as people like Rhianna & Katy Perry. The right manager & the right 1st single could do a lot. She needs to be tweaked for both the pop scene or the jazzy/blusy route. One thing going for her is her musical experience & the fact that she knows exactly what her voice can & can't do.

Chris_E
05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I haven't voted at all this season but voted for Haley last night. She deserved it, best performance by far. Count me in with those who just didn't get James last night, I thought both his performances were completely off and sounded terrible.

Satellitegirl
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Honestly, I think Scotty can do really well with a country record. He's got a good voice and has appeal for younger crowds. Yeah, he needs a lot of work on his stage presence & toning down his quirks, but that shouldn't impede sales of his songs. And I just thought of a good way to fix his eyebrow thing... just give him a cowboy hat. Most of the male country singers wear one while on stage, so let's give that a try!

Yeah I think if any of them make money, it will be Scotty or Lauren. Lauren is young enough that she has a lot of room to grow and mature. She might end up doing ok.

Aceon6
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Gaga sang the Me and You song on Oprah today. I like Gaga's version better... it's much more subdued than Haley's version.

numbers123
05-06-2011, 12:05 AM
OK Princess you have to spill, how do you know about GaGa and boyfriend from Neraska. Is it that skanky edgy store you work at? :P you know the sparkly jeans one?

BigB08822
05-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Gaga sang the Me and You song on Oprah today. I like Gaga's version better... it's much more subdued than Haley's version.

I think the version Gaga did on Oprah today is different than she has done it on tour all along. So Haley's version may have been closer to what Gaga usually has done herself. I haven't heard it enough to remember but it is all over Youtube for comparisons.

LuckyCharm
05-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Uh, seriously awful group performance.

rfisher
05-06-2011, 01:05 AM
James is really flat again. What's happened to him? That whole thing was not good.

cailuj365
05-06-2011, 01:10 AM
:shuffle: That was the best of the night? Of the season?! I'm suddenly thinking of MadTV's Lowered Expectations skits.

Reading your comments, I was expecting awesomeness. Unfortunately, my ears beg to differ ... it was a screechy, pingy mess. Started okay in the acapello portion, then went south as Haley tried to rock it out.

Is that about what the judges said? If Haley's HotRS was the night's best, I'm not even going to play James' peformances, ala my usual Thursday routine.

:lol: After first listen, I thought it would be more effective if she kept it all a capella, but I felt it by the end after repeated listening. And I am not a Haley fan actually. This was the first performance that I really got from her, though I do far prefer her over Jacob. I'm not sure what the judges said to her. This video was the only clip of the performance I watched.

Mainly, I'm just ticked that a girl can have her best performance and blow everyone else's away that night and STILL get voted off the next night when there are people like Jacob left standing. Seriously, American Idol? SERIOUSLY? It's not like Haley has been performing duds every week. She deserves to have more fan support.

nerdycool
05-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I've never heard more voices that mismatched than this season, and the group numbers are generally cringe worthy. The only ones that reasonably match are Scotty & Lauren.

rfisher
05-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I wonder if they'll mention that the singer for Lady A was rejected by AI?

Tesla
05-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Great. Ryan's doing the group thing.:rolleyes:

BigB08822
05-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Lauren is crying already! Poor thing. She is too easily upset and she hasn't even been in the bottom 3 before. :(

LuckyCharm
05-06-2011, 01:29 AM
:lol: Who predicted this a few weeks ago? If Jacob's the one who gets to decide which group to go to I will :rofl:.

numbers123
05-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Lauren is crying already! Poor thing. She is too easily upset and she hasn't even been in the bottom 3 before. :(

yeah, but she is a teenager on one of the biggest stages.