PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

shan
05-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Maybe our overwhelming response to Haley is telling of what America feels as a whole and she will get voted through. I think she can as I truly feel Jacob has run his course and did himself no favors tonight. The judges tried with everything they have to save him, however.

I just don't get why they are going for him so hard.

Maybe he's better live? :scream:

PrincessLeppard
05-05-2011, 04:00 AM
I checked a few minutes ago and the songs weren't available yet.

cailuj365
05-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Okay, I just watched James, and for some reason, I thought he was crying during the judges' comments, but I see now that he was crying during the actual performance, and DUDE. Just NO. That's even worse than crying because you got slammed. That's crying because you're so desperate to get votes and to show the whole world how much it ~touches you inside. Omg...I can't even. His first performance was also pretty bad. You could see Jimmy Iovine trying so hard to find his way to market James. He's all, "Yeah, trying to sell 80s metal isn't gonna get me sh*t, so I'll try to market you as the next Jared Leto." :lol: His hair was also a freaked version of Kate Gosselin's, to be honest.

I realized that I didn't say anything about his actual singing, but it was definitely was quite pitchy/flat through a lot of it.

The link I'm at has only a few of the other performances up, so I didn't get to watch them all, but thoughts on the others:
Lauren - Boring. Looked like she was going to try out for Miss USA too.
Scotty - Not bad. Funny eyebrows.
Jacob - Calm down. It started out okay, but he just completely went unhinged by the end. Goodness.

Allskate
05-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Melinda Doolittle cracks me up. Her tweet before the show tonight:

Maybe if Haley does a really bad job, the judges will give her some praise tonight.

Um Haley on Idol just killed it! Wow!! You can sing girl! One of my favorite performances ever on Idol! I predict Haley or Lauren to win.

And, then, after Haley sang, Melinda tweeted:

WOW HALEY!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!! #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart #HaleyReinhart

:lol: When Melinda was on Idol, I never would have imagined her saying "dude."

Kelly Clarkson is predicting Haley or Lauren to win. I don't think there's much chance of that happening, though they have already announced one of Lauren's appearances for the hometown visit in the final three.

The tongue bath for James was ridiculous. The emotion might have been genuine -- I'm sure he misses his baby -- but the fact is that it was a mediocre vocal.

Lauren did well on the first song, but Unchained Melody has been done better by others on the show. She looked ridiculously pageanty.

Please let Jacob go home this week. It will just be so wrong if Haley goes home this week. She was the best of the night IMO.

Can you imagine a drinking game where you had to drink every time Steven said "beautiful?" Ellen's probably wondering why she bothered leaving the show.

Aceon6
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm old enough to have seen The Animals perform HOTRS live. Haley's version was better, and that's saying something.

haribobo
05-05-2011, 05:10 PM
haribobo are you sitting down? i'm throwing your hayley some votes

:swoon: Haley! Everyone everywhere says she's the best tonight. Of course, DI has her at the bottom. Something is def. wrong here. If she gets voted out tonight, this would be the first season ever I'd just flat out stop watching partway through. I just, can't deal with Jacob and James anymore. At all. Scotty and Lauren have some good performances but a lot of clunkers too. Haley is the only reason I am excited to watch, pretty much since Naima and Paul went home....

cruisin
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Haley was amazing! No one else even came close to House of the Rising Sun. If she goes tonight, there is clearly something wrong!

Beefcake
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035GStnLOaI
:shuffle: That was the best of the night? Of the season?! I'm suddenly thinking of MadTV's Lowered Expectations skits.

Reading your comments, I was expecting awesomeness. Unfortunately, my ears beg to differ ... it was a screechy, pingy mess. Started okay in the acapello portion, then went south as Haley tried to rock it out.

Is that about what the judges said? If Haley's HotRS was the night's best, I'm not even going to play James' peformances, ala my usual Thursday routine.

Satellitegirl
05-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I liked Haley's performance ok...but really no one stands out to me as a star this season...and none of them are that marketable IMO.

rfisher
05-05-2011, 05:47 PM
:shuffle: That was the best of the night? Of the season?! I'm suddenly thinking of MadTV's Lowered Expectations skits.

Reading your comments, I was expecting awesomeness. Unfortunately, my ears beg to differ ... it was a screechy, pingy mess. Started okay in the acapello portion, then went south as Haley tried to rock it out.

Is that about what the judges said? If Haley's HotRS was the night's best, I'm not even going to play James' peformances, ala my usual Thursday routine.

James was very pitchy on both songs. Not his usual performance at all.

OnyxRose81
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I liked Haley's performance ok...but really no one stands out to me as a star this season...and none of them are that marketable IMO.

They might as well just fast-forward because at this point, I'll be surprised if any of them even do Lee DeWyze numbers.

PrincessLeppard
05-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I think Jacob could outsell Lee.

nerdycool
05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Honestly, I think Scotty can do really well with a country record. He's got a good voice and has appeal for younger crowds. Yeah, he needs a lot of work on his stage presence & toning down his quirks, but that shouldn't impede sales of his songs. And I just thought of a good way to fix his eyebrow thing... just give him a cowboy hat. Most of the male country singers wear one while on stage, so let's give that a try!

taf2002
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I think Jacob could outsell Lee.

Only if he goes the Gospel/Christian route & has a LARGE choir around him. And if no one can see his hip thrusts. "My eyes, my eyes!" But yes, I can see him outselling Lee. His fanbase is probably not teenyboppers so they may put their money where their votes are.

James' Without You download sounds pretty good. Funny how he didn't lose it when he was all alone (basically) in the studio but did with loads of people around. Would have thought it would be the opposite. You don't think (gasp) that his emotion was an act do you?

Disclaimer: I like James & think he has the most compelling backstory. But this week his songs were not good. I hope he doesn't go home though.

My preference would be for them to go home in this order:

Jacob
Lauren
James
then Scotty/Haley or Haley/Scotty

I don't like country & Scotty's regional accent + all his little mannerisms on stage really bother me. But I have warmed up to him the last 2 weeks. He has a really good voice & has been pretty consistant & what I see as his flaws can be worked on with the right mentor. I don't think you can teach James or Jacob not to go flat or sharp on every song, or to quit oversinging every song.

Lauren has a really good voice but I see no stage presence or star quality in her. She was really too immature for this season. Who knows what she will be able to do in the future? I don't feel that I have a good idea of her potential. If The Voice is around in a couple of years she might be ready then.

Allskate
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I think the country singers will do fine. If Kellie and Gokey can sell more than Lee, so can Scotty and Lauren. They also both have plenty of room to grow. Get them the right material and people to work with and they can have decent careers. Not Carrie Underwood level, but fairly good.

I don't think James, Haley, or Jacob will do particularly well.

I think Casey has to seriously think about what he's going to do with his first album because I think that will determine whether he can make a career out of music. He's going to be on the finale with Jack Black. I realize it's not his decision and he'll have a lot of fun with it, but it would have been better for him if he could have performed on the finale with Esperanza Spaulding. Jack Black makes him look more like a joke, while Esperanza would have made him look like a talented and serious musician. His talent is in his musicianship, not in his growling and grunting.