PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

sk9tingfan
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
That's too bad because I like JP and now think he's too good for her. Plus, he will be humiliated once he sees how much she was mooning over Bentley.

Given Fleiss' reputation for manipulating story lines to provide some degree of drama, I wonder how much of this mooning over Bentley is real?

PeterG
06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Geez, you guys are hardasses. If you don't like the show or the star, stop watching. I got fed up with last season and stopped watching the last month. I didn't hang around and whine about how much I hated every second...that I chose to watch... :rolleyes:

Rob
06-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Given Fleiss' reputation for manipulating story lines to provide some degree of drama, I wonder how much of this mooning over Bentley is real?

They definitely have played the same exact voice over of her talking about Bentley in at least 3 episodes. Same words no matter what hallway she is walking down. So she talked to Chris about it 2-3 times, had a crying jag when he left, and has had a couple of confessionals in different outfits where they must have asked her about it. So my guess is that there is a lot of reusing the same stuff over and over.

Roxanne
06-22-2011, 01:56 AM

I think a lot of it isn't real so I'm getting a little annoyed by everyone complaining about Ashley's obsession with Bentley. Remember that part when she was begging him to stay? That looked soo fake. I wouldn't judge anyone by what we see on this "reality" TV show because so much of it is fake. I don't think even Bentley is really a terrible person.

dbell1
06-22-2011, 02:17 AM
A co-worker who is an Ivy League Ph.D. is now hooked on the show after just watching last night. :rofl: Think she'd have had enough dating drama after her romantic past full of psychos (and listening to my kvetching all these years? :P

Catherine M
06-22-2011, 02:11 PM

I'm wondering that too.

Someone on new FORT brought up a good point that in Ali's season, we see her mooning over Frank all season long, cry buckets when he left and then gleefully except a proposal five days later from Roberto. Come to find out, he was her final 1 all along.

Is Bentley the new Frank and just the storyline Fleiss is using to hide the final 1?

Normally the edit is all about the final 1 vs final 2. This season seems to be all about Bentley/The Ghost of Bentley vs JP. Both of JP's one on one dates come during episodes with major Bentley drama. Whether JP is able to put the ghost of Bentley behind him like Roberto did with Frank is still up in the air. Only JP & Ashley will be able to answer that.

Jenny
06-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I think a lot of it isn't real so I'm getting a little annoyed by everyone complaining about Ashley's obsession with Bentley. Remember that part when she was begging him to stay? That looked soo fake. I wouldn't judge anyone by what we see on this "reality" TV show because so much of it is fake. I don't think even Bentley is really a terrible person.

Agree to a point, but at the same time all the players agree to the format, and even if it's scripted, the words do come out of their mouths. It may not be a true reflection of who they are, but what does it say about them that they agreed to play these part under the guise of "reality"?

Jenny
06-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Someone on new FORT brought up a good point that in Ali's season, we see her mooning over Frank all season long, cry buckets when he left and then gleefully except a proposal five days later from Roberto. Come to find out, he was her final 1 all along.

Good point - didn't Roberto even get the first impression rose? And weren't their rumours that they had actually met before the show? Made the whole thing look like one big charade in the end.

Same thing with Jillian perhaps, only maybe she was being too convincing about being open to anyone for Ed - I'm guessing that given his personality/ego, he only agreed to come back knowing he'd be F1.

Catherine M
06-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Good point - didn't Roberto even get the first impression rose? And weren't their rumours that they had actually met before the show? Made the whole thing look like one big charade in the end.

Same thing with Jillian perhaps, only maybe she was being too convincing about being open to anyone for Ed - I'm guessing that given his personality/ego, he only agreed to come back knowing he'd be F1.

Yes, Roberto got the first impression rose and there were rumors that they knew each other before taping due to his minor league baseball career.

Did end up seeming pretty obvious after it was all done and that Frank was just used as a cover story with Cape Cod Chris was being edited for the next Bachelor. One small problem: he ended up saying no and when he did so, Fleiss didn't have a backup and we got stuck with Brad again.

Be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks with some of the guys as Fleiss tries to bring to the front the Next Bachelor.

And I agree, Ed must have been told he was final 1 for him to leave his two girlfriends at home in Chicago and return to the game. I think Jillian decided on him early on too. Same with DeAnna and Graham. He was her final 1 after his first one on one date.

Catherine M
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
One more thing. Cause of the July 4th holiday being on a Monday, the schedule for this season is a little different:

6/27 final 8 in Hong Kong; return of Bentley
7/4 repeat of Hong Kong episode
7/11 final 6
7/18 final 4 go on hometown dates
7/25 final 3 go on their fantasy dates
7/31 (Sunday) Men Tell All; going to be very, very interesting if Bentley shows up. Wes didn't
8/1 Final 2 meet the parents and Last chance dates
8/8 The real fun starts with Bachelor Pad Two!!!!

Catherine M
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
The paps caught JP out and about NYC yesterday. I have to admit, he cleans up very, very nice!

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/gallery/photos-sexy-jp-rosenbaum-spotted-on-the-streets-of-nyc

Oh, be careful on the Wetpaint site if you are trying to remain spoiler free. They tend to post stuff from Reality Steve!

Catherine M
06-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Just a reminder that tonight's is the BEST.EPISODE.EVER, according to Chris Harrison. Yeah right.

It will probably be right up there with Ali crying her eyes out in the hallway of some motel 6 over Jake. Or maybe the episode where DeAnna yelled and screamed at her guys at some backyard BBQ and they seemed more upset that the free booze was over with then what she had to say. That's probably one of my all time favorite moments, just for the pure hilarity of them being so disinterested in her!

Roxanne
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM
At least we should finally be done with Bentley after this.

Rob
06-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Until Men Tell All

dbell1
06-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Until Men Tell All :scream:

Oh goody, smarmy crap hair will return and monopolize the show.