PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mikemba
06-21-2011, 04:27 AM
I love coming to this thread, because in real life I refer to this show as my "guilty" pleasure, but here I can just enjoy without feeling guilty!

I really like Ashley, but she is being so foolish, it's turning me off to her season.

I guess I'm contrary tonight, because I love Ben F.'s voice and I don't mind his hair. But I think that he and a number of the other men need to shave.

William seemed to reveal a mean streak at both the roast and tonight. Wow! He seemed like he has the potential to be a really nice guy but chooses to be nasty when it suits him. Good riddance!

Oh, and Cruella -- Amen sister!

ks777
06-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Ashley is pathetic. It's so embarrassing to be her.

Jenny
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I only saw a bit of this - came in when Ames was getting hurt, then fell asleep while Ashley was talking to Chris.

So she believes William's unsubstantiated story about Ben and takes immediate action without giving the guy a chance, but pays no attention to the warnings about Bentley and decides to give him numerous chances? :huh:

Hubby watched for a few minutes last night and asked the dumbest question - why do guys go on this show? I filled him in that it's nothing to do with Ashley and everything to do with their extended auditions for the Bachelor and Bachelor Pad, not to mention application into the Bachelor Alumni Party club.

ETA - on another note, I wonder how Peyton is getting along with her MIL-to-be?

Cupid
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Uh, oh. Ashley doesn't really "love" any of the remaining bachelors and that is why she keeps going back to Bentley. She may as well send everyone packing and be done with the show already.

She doesn't seem like a grown woman to me, more like a petulant teenager. And she keeps dressing to focus her legs, which are bowed. I cant imagine any of the bachelors really wanting her.:rolleyes:

Catherine M
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Hubby watched for a few minutes last night and asked the dumbest question - why do guys go on this show? I filled him in that it's nothing to do with Ashley and everything to do with their extended auditions for the Bachelor and Bachelor Pad, not to mention application into the Bachelor Alumni Party club.

Yep, these guys only go on this show for the following reasons:

1. Free booze
2. Trips to far away places on ABC's dime
3. Being part of the Bachelor/ette alumni base and getting to hook up at reunions from coast to coast see Jesse Kovacs and Man Code Dave! Might even lead to something more see John/Tara, Jesse/Ann and Chris/Peyton
4. Free booze
5. Potential to star in Bachelor Pad and as the Bachelor
6. Making new friends-- all the guys from DeAnna and Ali's seasons who ended up BFFs!

ETA - on another note, I wonder how Peyton is getting along with her MIL-to-be?

:lol:

sk9tingfan
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
And she keeps dressing to focus her legs, which are bowed. I cant imagine any of the bachelors really wanting her.:rolleyes:

You picked that one up too :D I was sitting pretty far away from the TV set and thought my myopic eyes were playing tricks on me.

skatesindreams
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Ashley is pathetic. It's so embarrassing to be her.

Ashley''s so clueless that it's easy for Bentley to "play" her for all he's worth; and Bentley is incapable of "loving" anyone - except perhaps, himself.

It's awful. I keep hoping that she'll realize what's really happening.
However, I don't know if she is able to.

To what extent is Fleiss controlling the Ashley/Bentley story/drama?

marbri
06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Uh, oh. Ashley doesn't really "love" any of the remaining bachelors and that is why she keeps going back to Bentley. She may as well send everyone packing and be done with the show already.

She doesn't seem like a grown woman to me, more like a petulant teenager. And she keeps dressing to focus her legs, which are bowed. I cant imagine any of the bachelors really wanting her.:rolleyes:

If she isn't wearing tops and trying to pass them off as dresses she's wearing tops unbuttoned to her waist or jeans with her abs on display. I get the feeling everyone on production knew she was a dud and tried every possible way to sell her to the guys. She is just so awkward and dull and whiney and pathetic. I thought she had the potential to be a Jillian but I think even Jillian would be hardpressed to find the positives in her.

Don't know how she compares to earlier women, only really saw Jillian and Ali's seasons.

love skating
06-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I feel bad for Ashley. I know they can't reveal what the guys say in their personal interviews, but to bring Bentley back knowing he was just faking it all is a new low for the producers. If they cared at all about her they would say "he just wasn't that into you" and let her move on. It's painful to watch because I do like Ashley.

I still love JP and Ben F. who were my favorites from the first show. Which probably means neither were her pick the end. (Haven't read any spoilers yet.)

Jenny
06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
The other thing is her eyebrows - in the first few eps, they covered her bad brow job with her hair, and now they are fully penciling them in. It's not that she's ugly IMO, just pleasantly plain, but they (inc her I suspect) do keep trying to make her something she's not.

I know this is all about the dramz and most of it is scripted, but I do think bringing Bentley back is crossing the line - unless she somehow sees the light and gains the upper hand, but I'm doubting that.

Aside from Ashley, the guys have been quite dull this season too. Very few have shown much personality other than bad guys Bentley and William, the mask fell flat, and even the guy with the dodgy past (dead wife and drug problem) was never developed. Plus, for the most part, they're pretty dull looking themselves.

Thankfully the Bachelor Pad is almost upon us!

Rob
06-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Yep, these guys only go on this show for the following reasons:

1. Free booze
2. Trips to far away places on ABC's dime
3. Being part of the Bachelor/ette alumni base and getting to hook up at reunions from coast to coast see Jesse Kovacs and Man Code Dave! Might even lead to something more see John/Tara, Jesse/Ann and Chris/Peyton
4. Free booze
5. Potential to star in Bachelor Pad and as the Bachelor
6. Making new friends-- all the guys from DeAnna and Ali's seasons who ended up BFFs!

Add pipe dream of maybe I can get into/back into the entertainment business.

This Bentley stuff is soooo dull. I wish they had shown some of his confessionals to her so she could at least chew him out. She snapped at Ben C and got rid of him quickly, yet this Bentley crap goes on and on.

Catherine M
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Add pipe dream of maybe I can get into/back into the entertainment business.

Forgot about that.

Obviously that works out really well-- see Wes' career!

merrywidow
06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I just find Ashley boring now & only watch bits & pieces of it during the commercials on Gordon Ramsey's "Master Chef" program. She's so desparate for love & such a poor judge of character, IMO.

Catherine M
06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Reality Steve is up with his episode blog. I know he's not for everyone but I still enjoy reading what he has to say about everything.

He's got some Bachelor Pad spoilers but since he is on his "must be extra sure before posting" he only gave the news that two early bootees are now a couple.

And FWIW, He's sticking to his "Ashley is happy and engaged to JP. He seems very sure on this and after last night's edit, it seems more and more likely.

Cruella
06-21-2011, 08:25 PM
And FWIW, He's sticking to his "Ashley is happy and [spoiler] engaged to JP. He seems very sure on this and after last night's edit, it seems more and more likely.

That's too bad because I like JP and now think he's too good for her. Plus, he will be humiliated once he sees how much she was mooning over Bentley.