PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Catherine M
06-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Fleiss should have stopped the show at final 12, sent Ashley to Salt Lake City and brought in a replacement bachelorette to Thailand to finish out the show as this is down right painful to watch. I'm sure Gia would have jumped at the chance to get back on TV!!

dbell1
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm all teary eyed now after this orphanage help date :)

But, Ash has to bring the Ghost of DBag Past with her on all dates. She pines for Bent while walking along a beach, while relaxing on a boat, while helping children NOT named Cozy who lost their parents. :wall:

Lots of screen time for JP tonight. :swoon: Unfortunate looking Ames has the 1 on 1 date? She'll pine for Bent's stupid hair while out with ugly face. :scream:

Catherine M
06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Both JP and Mickey are :swoon:

Poor Ames is so unfortunate looking. Seems like a decent guy.

And Chris Harrison was right in his pre show interview that all the guys basically hated Ryan. Haven't seen that much dislike since Vienna was sashaying around in front of Jake and pissing off Ali & her mean girls.

shan
06-14-2011, 02:19 AM
This is the most zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz season of the B'ette in quite some time. I couldn't make it through Ames's date. Did he get the rose?

dbell1
06-14-2011, 02:26 AM
:lol: Yep, he got a rose, but she didn't kiss him!:lol:

Ames pings my gaydar. And Ryan annoys. Just noticed that West has chia pet hair.

Catherine M
06-14-2011, 02:30 AM
With Bentley sorta gone, we are actually getting to hear from other guys like Lucas!!

LilJen
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
I couldn't watch for more than 5 minutes. That nervous laugh that she does every 15 seconds is very grating. Come on, everything isn't THAT funny.

dbell1
06-14-2011, 03:31 AM
So, we had a rose ceremony to keep everyone BUT West? Classic. :lol:

Oh goody to the most dramatic elevator ride to rose reunion hell next week. Someone shoot me? :P

heckles
06-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Ugh, why did she keep Gaymes? He is so boring.

Jenny
06-14-2011, 12:18 PM
This is it? No more dish? I am travelling so have PVR'd this but sounds like no need to watch. Who's gone?

Catherine M
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM
This is it? No more dish? I am travelling so have PVR'd this but sounds like no need to watch. Who's gone?

Sorry, when the Bachelorette was over with, I got caught up with some other stuff and logged off!

West, the widower from South Carolina was the only one sent home in the limo/van of doom. Another guy was suppose to go but Ashley begged Chris Harrison for an 11th rose. Of course, being the nice guy he is and not wanting to go off the script, he found one.

It was a very boring episode. She only mentioned Bentley about 100 times. It was actually quite pitiful and she mentions in her People Mag online blog how each time his name came out of her mouth, she cringed. Gee, you think so Ashley.

And I say again, JP must be looking for an out right now as no way in heck he stays with her after all this pathetic pining for Bentley. No way.

She's by far the worst bachelorette the show has ever had, IMHO. And I hated DeAnna so that's saying alot. I'm just watching to see Mickey in his glasses, Nick without his shirt on, and Ryan act all crazy. Oh and seeing how many times Fleiss can throw Ashley under the bus!

marbri
06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
:rofl: I missed the first hour, turned the TV on to see her date with Ames and couldn't even finish that. Turned the TV off and went to bed to read a book.

It should be pretty clear to everyone now why they put up with Bentley. Without him what would have made this season the slightest bit interesting. Not sure I will be watching more of this, boring bachelorette and boring bachelors.

haribobo
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I think they just asked her to say "I like the other guys but miss Bentley" in about 30 different ways so they could sprinkle the soundbites across the next few episodes. Its been proven that they take soundbites out of context and even play interviews from another time in an episode to create a storyline. So I don't think knowing all that, the final guy should take what happens in these totally manufactured drama episodes as truth. They have to both know what is shown on tv is utter crap.

mikemba
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
It should be pretty clear to everyone now why they put up with Bentley.

I don't think that they "put up" with Bentley. On the contrary, I think the producers egged him on. I have always thought this show has a misogynist tone, but I think the show's determination to humiliate Ashley reveals the producers' hatred of women more clearly than ever.

They could have decide not to show some/all of Bentley's comments about Ashley, or not revealed how deeply she had fallen for him. Or they could have showed it in a way that tried to present him as a jerk. Yet the way they keep showing the same comments from him (and Williams' "I thought it would be Emily or Chantal") over and over and over, juxtaposed with Ashley's comments about her insecurities (oh and the fact that they even HAD a roast of the show's lead) seems to be an extraordinarily mean-spirited way to produce the show.

I think it was 100% deliberate, not a case of stumbling upon a contestant bad-mouthing the lead. There are just too many ways in which this show is being edited and presented that are downright mean to Ashley.

Rob
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
You know she has either a few really nice guys or a few aspiring actors who want to be romantic leading men. Because Ben F., JP, Constantine, Ames, and a few others were very nice to her this week. But it is absolutely painful to watch her pining away, and it won't get better next week with BBoy coming back. I agree, it was a total casting job - and they are milking it for every little bit of humiliation they can get.