PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

merrywidow
06-07-2011, 06:11 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Ashley is just a poor judge of character. Anyone who actually could fall for Brad Womack has very poor taste in men, IMO. If she sheds any more tears I'll quit watching.

PeterG
06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
:lol:

You guys are so funny. Your posts read as if you are taking Bentley seriously, but we all know the producers scouted for a bigger villain than Wes, right? (They couldn't pick a lesser version, that's certain.)

Producers: We need to cast a villain for the new season, are you interested?

Bentley: Umm, I dunno, I do have a business to run - and you want me to be how big of a jerk?

Producers: The sky's the limit, dude! Don't hold back!!

Bentley: Doesn't sound like a good idea, to be honest. How much does it pay?

Producers: ...how much do you want?

Bentley: :bribe: I'M IN!!! :bribe: (This will kick-start an acting career, right?)

Producers: Oh, for sure, your acting career will be bigger than Wes' singing career!!

And the Mask/Bentley bathroom scene at the end. WHAT?

Did you catch the end where Jeff says, "now get out of here already, will you!!??"

I'm guessing there are limited washrooms in the place, so sometimes people share (more drama with multiple people in tight spaces, right)? So Bentley says, "I just need a sec to do my hair". Jeff agrees and then Bentley takes half an hour. Jeff's coments about $100 boats without engines was his sarcasm, his way of "scaring" Bentley out of the washroom. Apparently, it didn't work! :lol:

Catherine M
06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Producers: We need to cast a villain for the new season, are you interested?

Bentley: Umm, I dunno, I do have a business to run - and you want me to be how big of a jerk?

Producers: The sky's the limit, dude! Don't hold back!!

Bentley: Doesn't sound like a good idea, to be honest. How much does it pay?

Producers: ...how much do you want?

Bentley: :bribe: I'M IN!!! :bribe: (This will kick-start an acting career, right?)

Producers: Oh, for sure, your acting career will be bigger than Wes' singing career!!

Though I do think Bentley is a sociopath. A well paid sociopath.

Chris Harrison just tweeted this:

Yes it's true you have not seen the last of Bentley!

I guess the story writers ran out of ideas so they decided to bring him back for more!

skatesindreams
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
His exit was too much to hope for, unfortunately.

Latte
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM

Though I do think Bentley is a sociopath. A well paid sociopath.

I guess the story writers ran out of ideas so they decided to bring him back for more!

Well, that sure makes me feel like barfing.
The whole episode was blah to me. They promoted a big blowup and so much drama and it never happened. Let me add that I expected it to fizzle, that plug was just to get more people watching.:rolleyes:

Bailey_
06-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I think Bentley will return for Bachelor Pad. And, this version of the show is totally scripted. Ashley is very stupid if she falls so hard for Bentley - when everything about him screams "he's not here for the right reason." Seriously, this cast is a joke.

ks777
06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
I have to agree with Bently on Ashley. She is cute but that's pretty much it. not sexy at all.
I just found out that the girl who warned Ashley of Bently was Michelle from the recent Brad Womack bachelor. Kinda surprised because Michelle didn't look like a nice person either.. actually Michelle and Bently would make a good couple to me.

Lacey
06-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Seriously, if Bentley comes back, that may be it for me.

Garden Kitty
06-08-2011, 02:42 AM
I saw Ashley on Jimmy Kimmel last night (although it appears to have been filmed before this episode aired) and my heavens she was annoying. You know those teen movies where there is one goody goody girl who is always cheering and over the top annoying - that was her.

Jenny
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
It is just tragic, but so many women do go after the bad boys.

I wouldn't call Bentley a bad boy in that context. To me, that means guys who are a bit on the edge, not fitting the mold, perhaps on the wrong side of the law, more risky etc. Treating women, family and friends like crap has nothing to do with it, nor does being an all-round asshole.

If it's this season, then they are just torturing Ashley. Hopefully it's for BP, because as I said above, I look forward to the prospect of the guys smacking him down while the women all compete to be "the one."

Catherine M
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Jenny, its for Ashley's season.

i'll black bar the rest.

Bentley comes back in episode six, the final 8 in Hong Kong. According to RS, he does NOT stay. Be interesting to see how it all plays out as there is a screen cap from the previews of them kissing.

And Fleiss must be pleased as Ashley and her betrayal made the cover of People magazine:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20500732,00.html

marbri
06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I view this as an entertainment show, not real life, so Bentley is just part of that story. It's hard for me to freak out over what he did in a show where the lead agrees to lead on a roomful of men to make a TV series in which she might end up lucky and find someone she likes. Where she will make promises and innuendo's to make other men believe they are the one to keep this show rolling only to break their little hearts and then announce at the the final that it was always ****** from the start and never anyone else.

The only person I feel sorry for is Bentley's daughter who will likely see her father in all his glory on youtube and have to endure whatever baggage that will bring with it. People with children should really think twice about doing a show like this.

But Ashley? She has seen this show before. Of course it isn't nice to be hurt and humiliated like that but she took that gamble doing this for an audience.

Jenny
06-08-2011, 04:53 PM
:lol: totally agree - when one remembers the fact that during the whole Bentley breakup there was a cameraman, likely a sound guy and probably a producer inches away from them - and when when she took to her bed - it becomes quite absurd. Plus of course she just happened to be hanging about the house, all alone but fully made up, when he dropped by, never once looking at the camera at the door to ask what's going on.

I'm assuming one of the reasons the star is always someone from a previous season is that they don't have to school them on how it's done - they already know, and are willing to play the game of retakes and redos and forced emotions etc.

I do think there is some social relevance though, and in addition to the dramz of course, it's interesting to dissect it all.

ks777
06-08-2011, 05:02 PM
So Ashley hasn't said she picked someone. Do you guys think she picks someone at the end? I am thinking she won't pick anyone.

Cruella
06-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I think the entire Bentley storyline was created by Fleiss & Co. to build sympathy for Ashley, who they probably knew would not be one of the more popular Bachelorettes.