PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

love skating
05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm glad the Bentley thing comes to a head next week. When they showed the previews I was afraid he lasted pretty long. It's hard to watch Ashley say she's a good judge of character/intentions and then hear Bentley's mean comments. I like Ashley and feel bad for her.

I still like JP and I like Ben F. I think they seem the most "real" to me. I agree that William has gotten annoying and West too.

dbell1
05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Does anyone here think that Bentley is even remotely good looking? :confused: And what kind of 'father' would do this on national tv?

Jenny - he mentioned his company in the first episode (and I think he name dropped it too).

As far as Harrison being all self righteous in those blogs, if they really cared about her, they'd have pulled her aside and told her about all of his comments to the camera. Someone had to be manning that thing. If they 'broke through the third wall' with Roz and the behind the scenes producer, then they could have protected Ash too, rather than be all 'he's so evillle' about it. :rolleyes:

Rob
05-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Bentley is not ugly, but he's not particularly good looking either. There are much better looking guys in the group.

Catherine M
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Bentley is not ugly, but he's not particularly good looking either. There are much better looking guys in the group.

Agree, Bentley is just meh.

I think two guys that left last night are pretty good looking: Matt and the other Ryan. What you thought I was going to say Stephen and his tragic hair!!?

I would say my top three of the guys left based on looks are JP, Lucas (Who?), and Ryan P.

Jenny
05-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Bentley is just average looking to me, and I think dude who had the second date looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid with sewn-in dimples.

The Mask is not helping his cause by not shaving, wearing ill-fitting clothes and telling stories about brain damage.

I don't mind wine dude (Ben?), who looks nicer to me only because he seems like a nice and interesting guy - if it was just a picture, then no way. Ames looks like a caricature that Harry Connick might have had done in Times Square or the Santa Monica Pier.

Don't get me started on Ashley's brows, which the producers have clearly been trying to rehabilitate with bang therapy.

Not that we're judgmental here of course.:2faced:

Catherine M
05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't mind wine dude (Ben?), who looks nicer to me only because he seems like a nice and interesting guy - if it was just a picture, then no way. Ames looks like a caricature that Harry Connick might have had done in Times Square or the Santa Monica Pier.

Wine dude (Ben F) does look better in person than his mug shot. He does have a boyish appeal.

Ames, not so much. Can't get past his smushed chin!

And FWIW, Reality Steve has his recap up and will spill tomorrow how the final 4 end up. Some of course, after him missing the last two final 1s, won't believe him but I'm dying to know who he has as final 1, mainly to see if I've guessed right from the editing so far.

PeterG
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Anyone get a smug vibe from J.P.? I agree that he is good-looking, but I get the feeling there is an out-of-proportion ego behind his (self-loving) smile…

(((Peter and deceased pet)))

There was never any pet. Do you mean to say that I have to be honest to be on this show??? :P

Does anyone here think that Bentley is even remotely good looking? :confused:

I think physically that Bentley is quite beautiful. His actions in addition to the way he carries himself (mumbling too-cool-to-enunciate monotone) are indeed vile.

From Chris' blog:

As you saw in the preview things come to a head and unravel in a major way next week. We’ve had so-called bad guys or villains on this show before but we’ve never had anything like this. What you will see next week will easily be one of the most talked about moments ever. There won’t be one viewer that won’t have a very strong opinion about what unfolds. We’ve had plenty of dramatic moments over the years and I even joke about using that word all the time. This is different and it is nothing to joke about. You will see the wheels completely come off this ride for Ashley – so much so we came very close to having to shut down production on our show. There was a very real chance that Ashley was done and so was this season. It was a mess, and you will see every bit of it next Monday night.

Eww, Chris! You slobbered all down the side of my shirt again…

:sneer:

marbri
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm surprised people still visit his site. <----re: reality steve

shan
06-01-2011, 02:11 AM
There was never any pet. Do you mean to say that I have to be honest to be on this show??? :P

:drama: I feel so betrayed! How will I go on? :rofl:

Jenny
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised people still visit his site. <----re: reality steve

Who is this guy anyway? I'm picturing some loser in his mother's basement.

Catherine M
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM

I believe RS has ties to the entertainment industry and started blogging about various reality shows a few years ago. People liked his snark so he became "popular", he then started getting inside info on the bachelor/ette and started spoiling. Jeremy from DeAnna's season is a friend and that's who is Steve's contact within the Bachelor/ette world and how he got started as I believe DeAnna's season was when he first started giving inside scoop; his big moment then came with the the whole Jason/Melissa/Molly switchero.

The gang from FORT, who LOVE to obsess about this show and figure things out, of course hate that Steve spoils everything ahead of time so they have been working overtime to get the scoop ahead of him. Last night they posted on their new board that the final 1 is

Ben F which sent them into a tizzy as he's sooooo sweet! If Steve spoils someone else from the final 4, I think they are going to have a major meltdown.

marbri
06-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Now that you have read Catherine's version I'll give mine :lol:

He is a little cockroach who lives in Texas who gained some notoriety for his blog when he stumbled upon a spoiler for Jason's season. He broke the news that Jason picks Melissa at the FRC but ends up with Molly. Of course he didn't stop there. In typical fashion he concocted some complicated evil plot with nasty twists and turns to crucify Jason and Molly. Those two were the object of some very real hate because some loser in Texas stumbled on a great ending and decided to include his own fantasy with reality. Melissa is from Texas.

He couldn't spoil Jillian's season, this was his weakest season by far. His info seemed to dry up the moment Wes leaves (surprise, surprise another Texas link). He got the ending for Ali's season wrong. He got the ending for Brad's season wrong. He got Jakes right, Jakes from Texas right??

But he gets a lot of the episodes right. Guess I have to throw that in to not appear bias :lol:

He strokes the egos of a lot of past contestants who crave attention and maybe the odd production assistant, the majority likely from Texas. Even his "entertainment links" have a Texas link. He thinks he is in some battle with Fleiss and the Bachelor franchise, he thinks he is so important that they want to shut him up. He got furious when some entertainment show doing a piece on the Bachelor cut him out of the piece after the first showing and waged war on them :rofl: But whatever he does doesn't seem to affect ratings and apparently Fleiss himself has already spoiled final one for this season.

Anyway, I refuse to give his site hits. Most of what he has to say other sites copy and paste. He isn't clever and his snark is worthy of middle-school boys humour at best with a huge dose of misogyny thrown in. He mocks the show yet fails to see the irony that without it he is nothing.

Jenny
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
He got furious when some entertainment show doing a piece on the Bachelor cut him out of the piece after the first showing and waged war on them :rofl: But whatever he does doesn't seem to affect ratings and apparently Fleiss himself has already spoiled final one for this season.

I remember that :lol:

I don't know what it was like in past years, but in the few seasons I've watched (Jillian, Ali, some of Jake, BP), it seems to me they are putting more and more spoilers themselves (in the form of "coming up on") as a way of controlling it, rather than letting bloggers and boards run away with it.

Lost was extremely skillful at this - they put out enough teasers etc for people to chew on that the few actual spoilers tended to lose traction pretty fast. Jeff tries it on Survivor, but he's not very good at it and tends to give too much away, so as a result I don't read anything of his at all.

Cruella
06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
LOL @ Jenny's entire post! :40beers: And to think there was a time when you shunned all things Bachelor/Bachelorette.

dbell1
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
:lol: @ the RS summary here. He used to be entertaining, but then turned into a total DAW about the whole thing and has tantrums that would make a 2 year old embarrassed. Besides the 'they banned me from a recap repeat show' fiasco, there was the one where he was putting together a Bach trip to Vegas and people asked if he was going to have contestants there too. He went on a hissy fit rant about why would anyone need them there if he was going. :rolleyes: So, the basement of mom's thing fits where he belongs in my brain. And I totally enjoyed his ranting last year about Chantel being the winner and Em being the next Bach and he'd prove everyone else wrong, including the FORT queens. :watch: Good times. :lol: