PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette, Season 7!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Catherine M
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Is anyone buying the "I'm glad it was you" line when several others came obviously prepared that it was her?

I don't think any of them meant it at all, except the one guy who cried when he was sent home after watching all of last season with his mom. Joe? can't remember his name.

The other 24 were there for the free booze (Drunk Tim), don't feel like being at work for a few weeks and want to travel (99.9% of them), to jump start their career (William, who wants to leave sales and get into stand up comedy), to promote their business (Bentley) and cause they are nuts (Mask guy).

Reality Steve says that filming for Bachelor Pad starts on June 6th so the only guys from Ashley's season that can be on it are the ones that leave in the first 3/4 episodes. Based on spoilers, I'm guessing we'll see:

Bentley
Drunk Tim though he was only on one episode so that might be a stretch
Mask Guy

skatesindreams
05-24-2011, 04:20 PM
It looks like Bentley is going to make it far... how dumb are you Ashley!! She should have listened to your friend!!

Amen to that!

Jenny
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I expect she is listening to Fleiss more than the friend.

skatesindreams
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
What makes Bentley so awful is that he shamelessly admits that he's not even attracted to Ashley.
He's there to manipulate, use and "play her".
He's very good at it. It's deliberate and contemptible.

A pity that she seems clueless; even though she was warned about him..

"Masked Jeff" gives me the creeps, for some reason.
I wonder whether there is more to that than what he says/we know thus far.

Rob
05-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Ryan P is cute.

Glad he got the 1st impression rose.

Yeah, he was my fave.

JP is cute too - he has a twinkle in his eye.

One of the generic blonde salesman who didn't have much confidence was pretty cute too. Maybe he was the comic voice impression guy.

Bentley - not cute - ick
Ames - strange looking but ballet tix were a nice touch

Catherine M
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
One of the generic blonde salesman who didn't have much confidence was pretty cute too. Maybe he was the comic voice impression guy.

That's William, the salesman from Ohio. In his bio on Reality Steve's site, it says that he never went to college and wants to be a stand up comedian. I can see how he would be intimidated with Ashley's educational credentials and some of the other guys like Ames (financier with loads of degrees) and the lawyers, West and Ben C.

According to this interview with Chris Harrison on TV guide's website, Will is Mrs. Chris Harrison's favorite:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bachelorette-Chris-Harrison-1033477.aspx

Chris also claims to have tried to talk Ashley out of giving Bentley a rose but I don't believe that AT ALL!

PeterG
05-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Chris also claims to have tried to talk Ashley out of giving Bentley a rose but I don't believe that AT ALL!

He's class all the way through, that one...

dbell1
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Dork in a Mask annoyed me because his first comment to her when sitting down was "You look AMAZING!" Then he went on to do the 'looks are shallow, you need to know the real me' :blah: crap. So, if she had hidden behind a veil and a shapeless dress and they didn't know what she looked like, he'd all still want to be there? Riiighht. :P

Catherine M
05-24-2011, 09:45 PM
People online has a story up about the death of West's wife:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20497138,00.html

Why he would go on this show and open himself up to more scrutiny is beyond me. Did he want to be on TV that bad!?!? want to meet bachelorettes from other bachelor seasons at reunion weekends?!?

Rob
05-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Why he would go on this show and open himself up to more scrutiny is beyond me. Did he want to be on TV that bad!?!? want to meet bachelorettes from other bachelor seasons at reunion weekends?!?

Jeez, I have no idea. Did he think that he could erase any lingering suspicion by getting a Fleiss sympathy edit? Oh yeah, that'll do it. Now it is in the Nationals news that he was a "drug user" - Bar Associations never like that. It was probably in the local news already though, and I imagine they probably did their own investigation.

I hadn't focused on Ashley being a dancer of some sort when she was on Brad Part Deux.

shan
05-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh, JP is totally :grope: I just don't want anyone to call me cupcake :)

JP is one of my favorites!

I hadn't focused on Ashley being a dancer of some sort when she was on Brad Part Deux.

Didn't she compete w/ another girl for some part in a play on Brad's season? Did it involve dancing?

When you mention dancer on the Bachelor/-ette I think of Tenley and that horrid performance she put on for Jake. :scream:

rudi
05-30-2011, 01:55 PM
I finally watched on Saturday night so that I could be caught up for tonight. (Have been too caught up in watching the Casey Anythony trial every night this week. It is very heavy and depressing, so it is nice to have the Bachelorette going on at the same time to provide a fun diversion. :) )

I also really like Ryan P. and JP.

At the point that Ashley gave Ryan P the first impression rose, my gaydar went up slightly. I was like, "Uh oh". I could be totally wrong, though.

I think William is a wannabe actor/comedian and not there "for the right reasons" (LOL), but he seems like a cool guy.

The wine guy from CA seems cool.

Bentley seems like a total tool, and I don't find him good looking at all. (At least Wes was hot. :D) I hope that drama doesn't go on half the season.

Oh, I didn't catch that the guy who called his mom didn't get a rose. :( He seemed cute and nice.

LilJen
05-30-2011, 02:24 PM
my gaydar didn't go off with any of these guys - gay fella's are usually better looking and dressed in my experience :slinkaway

I have dreadful gaydar, but I did notice that the first guy they introduced (can't remember the name) kept talking about "that special person"/"someone to share it with" etc and not ONCE did he say "woman" or "girl" or "wife." I thought that was peculiar.

I wonder when Ames sleeps. Between getting four degrees and running ultramarathons, that is. And I agree that he's kind of peculiar looking.

Old fuddy-duddy me couldn't stay up for the second hour of the repeat so I missed all the drunken shenanigans. Is the guy who was "raised in a grain elevator" still in the mix?

rudi
05-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I have dreadful gaydar, but I did notice that the first guy they introduced (can't remember the name) kept talking about "that special person"/"someone to share it with" etc and not ONCE did he say "woman" or "girl" or "wife." I thought that was peculiar.

Yes, I believe it was Ryan P. that was introduced first!

I wonder when Ames sleeps. Between getting four degrees and running ultramarathons, that is. And I agree that he's kind of peculiar looking.

I know! He has 4 Ivy League degrees and then he says he runs marathons, and ultramarathons at that? Pretty impressive.

Catherine M
05-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Oh, I didn't catch that the guy who called his mom didn't get a rose. :( He seemed cute and nice.

That was Matt and he did get one. His big claim to fame is that his older brother Marc plays football for the Dallas Cowboys.

Looking forward to tonight's show. The second episode is always full of drama as the guys position themselves and try to get noticed.