PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

kwanette
07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Didn't *everyone* also have a Tango SP last year? And the year before? And the year before... :shuffle:

Angel Boy didn't...thank God..

RockTheTassel
07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Jeremy Abbott:

SP: Swing medley inc. Bei mir bist du schoen & Sing sing sing choreographed by Buddy Schwimmer & Benji Schwimmer
LP: Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse. Choreographed by Yuka Sato and Jeremy Abbott

:cheer2: Not as original as usual, but I love his choices anyway.

Cyn
07-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Surprised at Abbott's short music choice- both of those are well used, and usually he is more adventurous. On the other hand, having real swing choreographers may help overcome the I've-heard-and-seen-it-skated-to-a-million-times-already factor.

These music choices may be tired warhorses, but having the Schwimmers do the choreography will hopefully inject some new life into them.

Also, it seems like the past couple of Abbott's programs have been IMO a little snoozy/mellow (and I say that as a huge Abbott fan) - I much preferred his SPs to Treat and Not Dead Yet from American Beauty. Having a SP with a bit more "pop" to them will hopefully grab the judges' attention. As much as I adore his skating, his Day In The Life SP, no matter how well it was skated, was for me rather soporific due to the music (Kwan's program to the same music had the same effect on me :o ).

Ziggy
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm afraid Abbott's new FS might be a total snoozefest. :P

znhurston
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know what music Pechalat and Bourzat will skate to this season?

Sylvia
07-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know what music Pechalat and Bourzat will skate to this season?
In this recent interview with them (link posted in the French skating news thread), they said it's too early for them to reveal their music: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3213561&postcount=565

Melissa Bulanhagui debuted a fun short program to Egyptian Disco at the Broadmoor Open club competition last weekend. Joshua Farris debuted his "Clair de Lune" SP (choreographed by Damon Allen) there as well.

From Sarah and Drew's June 17th IN blog:

Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus's [Senior] short dance will be to "Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes (feat. The Black Eyed Peas) and "Magalenha" by Sergio Mendes. Their free dance will be "The Way You Look Tonight" by Adam Levine, "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole and Natalie King Cole and "Get Me To The Church" by Frank Sinatra.

From Sarah and Drew's June 3rd IN Blog:

[Brandon] Mroz's new short program will be to "Mack the Knife," and [Max] Aaron will be skating to a medley of "Assassin's Tango" and "Oblivion."
Jeff Buttle choreographed these programs in Colorado Springs. Aaron debuted his new SP at Broadmoor Open and "Oblivion" is the first part of the program.

nashvilledancer
07-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Surprised at Abbott's short music choice- both of those are well used, and usually he is more adventurous. On the other hand, having real swing choreographers may help overcome the I've-heard-and-seen-it-skated-to-a-million-times-already factor.

There are a lot of different ways they could go with this--the first piece mentioned could be quite cool kat as a Lindy Hop/West Coast--a very slow, slinky swing (1, 2, 3'n4, 5'n6, 7'n8).

One thing I will bet is that coming from Jeremy and the talented Schwimmers, the transitions and footwork will not look like anybody else's skating.

nashvilledancer
07-02-2011, 12:48 AM
As much as I adore his skating, his Day In The Life SP, no matter how well it was skated, was for me rather soporific due to the music (Kwan's program to the same music had the same effect on me :o ).

Not for me. The music was droll and languid, but Jeff Beck's guitar, soporific?!

I thought Jeremy's Day In the Life was musical, original, clever, non-bombastic. It did not fall into the typical ruts of men's short programs (jumps unadorned by choreography, after which the skater appears to remember he must do some footwork, AKA Morozov-like flailing straight line steps). MK's choreography didn't relate to the music like it did in most of her other, wonderful SPs; Jeremy's did, note for note.

Cyn
07-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Not for me. The music was droll and languid, but Jeff Beck's guitar, soporific?!

I thought Jeremy's Day In the Life was musical, original, clever, non-bombastic. It did not fall into the typical ruts of men's short programs (jumps unadorned by choreography, after which the skater appears to remember he must do some footwork, AKA Morozov-like flailing straight line steps). MK's choreography didn't relate to the music like it did in most of her other, wonderful SPs; Jeremy's did, note for note.

Don't get me wrong, Jeremy's skating is sublime, and his choreography is always innovative (not to mention packed with transitions and intricacies), but that version of DITL, even with guitar-god Jeff Beck, has always left me cold. That likely has more to do with the fact that I cannot stand the overwhelming majority of anything by the Beatles :slinkaway ).

LilJen
07-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Jeremy Abbott:

SP: Swing medley inc. Bei mir bist du schoen & Sing sing sing choreographed by Buddy Schwimmer & Benji Schwimmer
LP: Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse. Choreographed by Yuka Sato and Jeremy Abbott

Will be GREAT even if the music is a wee bit unoriginal. Glad to see him and Yuka working on the LP together; he did such a great job with his hat exhibition number.

Can you believe I've never heard of Muse until the Kerrs started skating to them? I need to listen to more of their stuff.

Skittl1321
07-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Mroz's new short program will be to "Mack the Knife,"

Oh God, Mroz is one of the only American skaters I don't care for, and I HATE this song (bad ballroom dance class, where it was played over and over and over on end). This will make it tough to cheer for him in Internationals.

casken
07-02-2011, 04:50 AM
All this Muse, but still no Radiohead programs? :blah:

VarBar
07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Mroz's program is very playful

Mroz has a playful side? Wow, I would have never guessed.

Spartacus
07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Any word on AdaRipp's programs? I follow him on twitter, but can't remember if he mentioned his choices.

Moka-Ananas
07-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Any news on Mishin's skaters? AFAIK they went to a training camp to Estonia and also did an exhibition there. IIRC they always showed their new programs at this exhibition in the past.