PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62

LilJen
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM
When I first read it I thought it said Z/G produced a slutty Rhumba :rofl:

Sultry, slutty, what's the difference??

Tanja90
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Cappellini LaNotte are skating to La Strada in their FD!

I'm kind of disappointed..I thought that the tango ex they did a couple of months ago was a part of they FD...I would like to see them skating a tango! They would be perfect IMO...Well, next time I guess...

Rafter
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Interesting. Again I ask if Morozov has one original bone in his body???

C&L will be able to out-emote D&W by skating to La Strada, but not out-skate them. It will be interesting to compare the two programs.

ETA: Has their FD always been La Strada (or was it originally supposed to be a tango)? I'm wondering if this is some sort of strategy Morozov is trying to employ.

pani
10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I think choreo of C-L programs wasnt made by Morozov. They only work with him from time to time.
I think this music will suite them and i think they will show something more dramatic, then D-W, who said they will show love between man and a woman. So this could be two different programs.
And who could out-emote italian skaters? I think they are the best in the World in this.

Eris
10-11-2011, 09:48 PM
ETA: Has their FD always been La Strada (or was it originally supposed to be a tango)? I'm wondering if this is some sort of strategy Morozov is trying to employ.

It has always been not that tango. ;)
Morozov doesn't chose music for them and doesn't make dances. He is their part-time coach.

I think this music will suite them and i think they will show something more dramatic, then D-W, who said they will show love between man and a woman. So this could be two different programs.
And who could out-emote italian skaters? I think they are the best in the World in this.
Agree. :cool:

martyross
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Infact, they also said they recreated the story, which they have studied deeply. They were especially moved by it. THe program will be very realistic, like so the costumes (no long skirt for Anna). Luca will perform two different and opposite characters from the movie, Zampanò and Il Matto.
Source: http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/10593

Jeschke
10-11-2011, 10:53 PM

that´s a nice choice for them. i´m a big fan of this team since their 'la traviata' fd. i hope they can emerge the shadows of faeila/scali and are able to deliver technical solid programs, their pcs should become better and better.

i like their mixture of silent and intense dramatic programs, hope they can breakthrough finally

Cherub721
10-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Infact, they also said they recreated the story, which they have studied deeply. They were especially moved by it. THe program will be very realistic, like so the costumes (no long skirt for Anna). Luca will perform two different and opposite characters from the movie, Zampanò and Il Matto.
Source: http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/10593

That's REALLY exciting. La Strada may be well-used in skating, but I haven't seen the real story performed before. Even Takahashi, who's a great artist, did a "fun day at the circus" type of routine. The movie is actually incredibly depressing. It would be ironic if C&L get dinged by the judges or misunderstood by the audience despite interpreting the music as its portrayed on screen.

I wouldn't assume they copied D&W. D&W announced their music first, but not so early that there was time for C&L to scrap their whole program, IMO. Sometimes ice dancers just pick the same music randomly. Witness V&M and DelSchoes with Pink Floyd.

Ziggy
10-12-2011, 01:38 AM
It would be ironic if C&L get dinged by the judges or misunderstood by the audience despite interpreting the music as its portrayed on screen.

Well isn't it ironic
don't you think?
a little too ironic...
if judges deduct them -2 points for not being uplifting enough :P
(and, yeah, I really do think...)

Rafter
10-12-2011, 01:44 AM
It has always been not that tango. ;)
Morozov doesn't chose music for them and doesn't make dances. He is their part-time coach.

My mistake. I thought he was their full-time coach.

Cherub721
10-12-2011, 01:47 AM
if judges deduct them -2 points for not being uplifting enough :P

The sad thing is, I absolutely can picture it happening... :scream: "Why are they skating with sad faces to that lovely music??? Why can't they be more like D&W??" :lol:

Ziggy
10-12-2011, 02:32 AM
The sad thing is, I absolutely can picture it happening... :scream: "Why are they skating with sad faces to that lovely music??? Why can't they be more like D&W??" :lol:

WHY CAN'T EVERYONE BE AS CUTE AND FULL OF JOY AS THE SHIBUTANIS?

(Honestly, I am so close to giving up on Ice Dance completely... :wall:)

Sylvia
10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Richard Dornbush has a new short program for Skate America "choreographed by Justin Dillon to Beethoven's 5th [Symphony]" -- there should be an article on Icenetwork later. Source: http://twitter.com/#!/LynnRutherford

Also, Davis/White have a new free dance to Strauss' Die Fledermaus.

lmarie086
10-13-2011, 08:03 PM
^Excited for both of these! Beethoven's 5th Symphony is great, one of my favorite pieces of his. And with Dornbush quickly becoming a favorite skater of mine, I can't wait to see him interpret this; he's got great musicality IMO.

Also excited for the Strauss FD! Any news as to why they made the change?

Wyliefan
10-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Richard Dornbush has a new short program for Skate America "choreographed by Justin Dillon to Beethoven's 5th [Symphony]" -- there should be an article on Icenetwork later. Source: http://twitter.com/#!/LynnRutherford

Also, Davis/White have a new free dance to Strauss' Die Fledermaus.

RICKY'S SKATING TO BEETHOVEN!?! :swoon: The skategods must love me!