PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Taso
09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Gotta add, I've seen I&K's FD...well, sorta FD. They look better prepared than last season, and I have to say that despite moving to Morozov they actually still move like real, live, pre-COP ice dancers :respec:

Taso
09-16-2011, 05:46 PM
What on earth, and Gachinsky *does* have a good long program. I'm so grateful for good Russian skating again :cheer2:

Also watched Leonova's. I *hate* her jump layout, and there's absolutely no need for that 'Requiem for a Dream' crap in there with freakin' Samuel Barber :rolleyes: I realize that Leonova's footwork doesn't lend itself to Barber (really, I can only see Kostner pulling that off), but I just don't like that piece at all, ugh.

alchemy void
09-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Not too worried about Leonova's hideous LP yet. She will find some way to void it out with crazy hair, costuming, makeup, and facial expressions. I want her watch Requiem for a Dream and decide to channel/portray any one of the characters... :inavoid:

And I love Baboo's music and program. At least TAT and I still will cream for him! :rofl:

Okami
09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
And I love Baboo's music and program. At least TAT and I still will cream for him! :rofl:

:eek: :yikes: :scream: :slinkaway :o

;)

casken
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I guess I'm in the minority as I still haven't been able to make it all the way through Gachinski's new LP without fast forwarding. :shuffle:

He's improved though.

Rosietwo
09-16-2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=MR-FAN;3291819]V/T Black Swan LP!!! LOVE it!
QUOTE]

Couriously this "Black Swan" program has none of the music used by the Black Swan in the the Swan Lake ballet score.

Athena
09-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Interesting! First the opening looked like Anissina & Peizerat's 'Liberta' (except genders reversed) then Valova & Vasiliev's 'Sharule'. In general the choreography looks very nice for so early in the season, and it says they want to add more. I liked the fact that they want a seduction section in the middle - it needs a little more actual seducing and I'd like the stop to last a bit shorter. LOVE the idea of the back to back spiral, just needs better line. I also don't like that the program is ending in the corner of the rink, they somehow need to end up closer to the middle of the ice and create more time after that pairs spin to make the ending a lot more dramatik. Still, excellent potential, perfect vehicle, I have great hopes :respec:

Agree, it still looks like work in progress, but it has good potential. Is I/K's FD available online yet?

Cherub721
09-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Athena - I&K haven't performed their FD with the music yet. The From Russia with Love 4 thread has a link to a performance they did of their FD choreo to a Russian song.

Maybe I was expecting too much after all the hype, plus it's early in the season so who knows, but Volosozhar looks very wooden and less fluid in her stroking. I want to say he makes her look sloopy :eek:

This is from an interview Trankov gave about the performance:
"We were a bit unlucky in the last day of the skates - it took us 3.5 hours to get from Novogorsk to Balashiha and the bus wasa not too comfortable, commented Trankov. - It wasn't easy going into the ice after that. The feeling was similar to after a flight. There were thoughts about changing plans and just doing an exhibition number. But we set our minds on the LP and promised it to the audience so we decided we'd endure. We skated not badly, considering. Of course we made plenty of mistakes, we skated slowly and were out of music so badly we didn't complete the final spin just to finish into the music. But there is a bright side - if we were able to skate the LP being as tired as we were and without making any major mistakes I reckon we'll be much better when we are ready."

julieann
09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
This is from an interview Trankov gave about the performance:
"We were a bit unlucky in the last day of the skates - it took us 3.5 hours to get from Novogorsk to Balashiha and the bus wasa not too comfortable, commented Trankov. - It wasn't easy going into the ice after that. The feeling was similar to after a flight. There were thoughts about changing plans and just doing an exhibition number. But we set our minds on the LP and promised it to the audience so we decided we'd endure. We skated not badly, considering. Of course we made plenty of mistakes, we skated slowly and were out of music so badly we didn't complete the final spin just to finish into the music. But there is a bright side - if we were able to skate the LP being as tired as we were and without making any major mistakes I reckon we'll be much better when we are ready."

No offense but that is quite a lot of excuses for not skating 100%. If that was the case, the exhibition wouldn't have looked good either.

Cherub721
09-17-2011, 01:07 AM
No offense but that is quite a lot of excuses for not skating 100%. If that was the case, the exhibition wouldn't have looked good either.

I don't think excuses are necessary for a test skate. I personally wouldn't go to a test skate expecting to see polished programs or anything close to 100%. I posted it to show that Trankov is aware that it was a weak performance and that it needs to improve.

julieann
09-17-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't think excuses are necessary for a test skate.

Neither do I; no one was competition ready that day, I'm just questioning why he felt the need to explain himself (in such great detail :lol: ) at all.

TDsk8
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
On behalf Melissa Bulanhagui ~ Her programs for Philippine Nationals in November:
SP: Egyptian Disco
LP: Rachmaninoff (last year's long program)

Lionhart
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Mao will skate to Scheherazade. :TT1: Choreographed by the one and only.

MikiAndoFan#1
09-21-2011, 05:36 PM

It's an interesting choice for Mao. Can't wait to see it!

Allen
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM

I like Scheherezade, so I'm curious to see what Mao does with it.