PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

oleada
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
That was lovely from Haruka. She's become much more expressive.

kwanfan1818
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Haruka Imai's SP to "Song without Words" by Mendelssohn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfEPUq37Ces

Thank you for the link! She's radiant in this program.

MikiAndoFan#1
09-06-2011, 05:41 PM

What a lovely program! :swoon: Haruka has improved so much!

modern_muslimah
09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
What a lovely program! :swoon: Haruka has improved so much!

She has, especially compared to last season! She seems like a completely different skater. Now I can't wait to see her on the GPS.

icellist
09-06-2011, 06:52 PM
That SP was purely lovely!!! A favorite for this season. Her spins have improved greatly. Better flow out of her jumps. Footwork looked easy but she did them elegantly with the music. I'm really rooting for her now.

Note to judges, you better give her the PCS she and Akiko deserve...

Allen
09-06-2011, 07:08 PM

I really enjoyed that and much more than I expected. So far, I've seen quite a few programs from lower ranked skaters that I've really liked, so I'm curious to see some of the top ranked skaters programs.

Doubletoe
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I hope Nichol has taken the same or similar musical approach to Chan's program, not just the big theme, rinse and repeat.

I saw Patrick's LP performance over the weekend and thought the music was beautiful. I liked the arrangement and it didn't feel like being hit over the head with the same old repetitive melody. On the other hand, it was kind of mellow the whole way through, which could work for someone like Adam Rippon or Matt Savoie, but did not provide Chan with an opportunity for that dramatic explosion that brings crowds to their feet. Oh well, at least it's not an Olympic year.

Ziggy
09-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Takahiko Kozuka
FS: Fantasia for Nausicaa by Joe Hisaishi / Choreo by Marina Zueva

YES!

I can't understand why more skaters aren't using Joe Hisaishi's music. His soundtracks are fantastic and a lot of them are perfectly suited to skating, especially if you cut different pieces together well.

Just a shame it's going to be a Zzzueva program. :P

Akiko Suzuki
SP: Hungarian Rhapsody arranged by Edvin Marton / Choreo by Angelica Krylova
FS: Die Fiedermaus Overture / Choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo

Very good choices for her, suit her perfectly. Nice to see her continuing to work with K&C.

Yuzuru Hanyu
SP: Etude, Op. 8 No12 in D Sharp minor by Scriabin
FS: "Kissing You" from "Romeo + Juliet" (Leonardo DiCaprio's) and "Escape" from "Plunkett&Macleane" by Craig Armstrong

He needs a proper choreographer ASAP! Can Kenji Miyamoto please come and save him from his coach.
And can his coach please accept that she can't be best at everything? :shuffle:

S/H
SP:keep last year's pro Country Dance by Josh Turner
LP:Flamenco selection (music from Michael Laucke and Manuel El Chachi Orchestra)

Not happy with them keeping the SP.

It's fun but it's a very cutesy-kiddie program. And they should be working on more polish and maturity.

According to the golden west competition thread, P Chiddy's LP is Aranjuez... :wall:

Does Lori only know ten albums? :rolleyes:

From this interview (http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20110904/429883475.html) (Russian) her exact music for LP is:
"Аdagio for strings" by Samuel Barber
"Requiem For A Tower" (theme of "Requiem for a dream" which was used in "Lord of the Rings")

performed by "Escala" quartet.

I'm surprised that Adagio for Strings isn't used more often.

But please. No. More. Requiem. For. A. Tower. :wall:

And in this interview (http://news.sport-express.ru/2011-09-03/460118/) (Russian) Volosozhar officially confirmed they use "Black Swan" for their LP.

Cool!

oleada
09-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Does Lori only know ten albums? :rolleyes:

10 is quite generous....;)

Frau Muller
09-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh good, that overdone bombastic remix that everyone has already used to death. :rolleyes:.....

My dream is that there will one day be a REQUIEM for that music. :lol:

IceIceBaby
09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
My dream is that there will one day be a REQUIEM for that music. :lol:

:rofl:

olifaunt
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I think Misha Ge had a pretty good (read: entertaining) Requiem for a Tower. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rNPpqFFJE

ryanbfan
09-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Takahiko Kozuka
FS: Fantasia for Nausicaa by Joe Hisaishi / Choreo by Marina Zueva

Takahiko chose this FS music and also did the music edit by himself.
(quite interesting choice...:D)

I just died and went to heaven. Someone said they wish more skaters used Hisaishi's music and I do too. Miyazaki soundtracks period. Someone skated to Spirited Away at '10 Nationals and it was life defining. I cannot wait to see this, and it makes me even happier that Taka chose it himself. :swoon:

icellist
09-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I just died and went to heaven. Someone said they wish more skaters used Hisaishi's music and I do too. Miyazaki soundtracks period. Someone skated to Spirited Away at '10 Nationals and it was life defining. I cannot wait to see this, and it makes me even happier that Taka chose it himself. :swoon:

That skater was Kristiene Gong. Her music selection was a main reason why I started keeping watch on her that season and afterwards. Love, love, love Joe Hisaishi music. I was also happy that Mirai used Hisaishi's Fragile Dream in her POTC SP. I thought it made the program better. Someone needs to do Howl's Moving Castle and Hisaishi's other single pieces. They would all work so great with skating.

Ziggy
09-08-2011, 01:43 AM
My first ever skating "performance" was to One Summer's Day from the Spirited Away soundtrack. :D