PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

kwanfan1818
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I hope Nichol has taken the same or similar musical approach to Chan's program, not just the big theme, rinse and repeat.

The first movement has music that would be a wonderful SP for one of the younger Ladies (junior or younger or just into senior) with a light style.

The Accordion
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
@ The Accordion.

I am not sure I would trade Patrick Chan's fabulous skating skills and athletic ability for Jeffrey Buttle's musicality and original music choices. Whenever I feel like seeing a great performer on ice, it never crosses my mind to pick Jeffrey to entertain me but Yagudin or Browning or Takahashi. By contrast, whenever I want to see an efortless quality of skating that nears perfection, I do go to Patrick Chan of all skaters I know, no matter the music he skates to. My point is that I find watching Patrick far more worth my while than watching Jeffrey - if that makes sense.

It totally makes sense! When I was watching Patrick Chan's free program last year at Nationals - I wouldn't have changed a SINGLE THING! Not even the Phantom music even though - as I said - it would not have been my first choice originally. And not even all the falling that he did early in the season that seems to pi$$ everyone off so much as well.

He made the right choices for him - music that he can relate to - working through incorporating those jumps - with falls early on - and those choices led to him being able to skate the way he did by the end of the season.

There are many people here who are pretty adament that they wish he would choose something more original though - and my comparison to Jeff was to respond to that. Patrick Chan does what he has to do - to be able to do what he can do. I guess that can be said for all skaters - they get there along their own path with their own priorities and way of getting there.

shan
09-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure Patrick falling was the thing that made people mad...

The Accordion
09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure Patrick falling was the thing that made people mad...

There were other reasons for sure - but him falling combined with the marks and placements he received was a huge source of anger - and anger that often seemed to be aimed at him.

Marco
09-05-2011, 07:35 PM
And in this interview (http://news.sport-express.ru/2011-09-03/460118/) (Russian) Volosozhar officially confirmed they use "Black Swan" for their LP.

As in the movie sound track?

All I remember from the movie was early morning masturbation, lesbian wet dream, not daring to eat cake and cutting nails with a pair of scissors. Was there even a guy in the movie other than the guy who lost grip of Natalie Portman and caused her t fall and cry? :confused:

casken
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
From this interview (http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20110904/429883475.html) (Russian) her exact music for LP is:
"Аdagio for strings" by Samuel Barber
"Requiem For A Tower" (theme of "Requiem for a dream" which was used in "Lord of the Rings")

performed by "Escala" quartet.

Oh good, that overdone bombastic remix that everyone has already used to death. :rolleyes:

And combined with Adagio???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To this day, despite all the complaints that RFAD is overused, I believe Castille/Olkoski are the only ones to actually do a program using music from the actual film only.

Allen
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
To this day, despite all the complaints that RFAD is overused, I believe Castille/Olkoski are the only ones to actually do a program using music from the actual film only.

I think so too. I LOVE that program. I'm not a huge pairs fan in general, but that's definitely one of my favorite pairs programs.

Proustable
09-05-2011, 08:05 PM
The director (Vincent Cassel).

casken, Cappellinni/Lanotte FD during the Olympic season was entirely from Rfad. It was one of my favourites from that season.

Jenna
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh good, that overdone bombastic remix that everyone has already used to death. :rolleyes:

And combined with Adagio???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually Escala's version is actually not as bombastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsycxGgyuI

casken
09-05-2011, 08:21 PM
The director (Vincent Cassel).

casken, Cappellinni/Lanotte FD during the Olympic season was entirely from Rfad. It was one of my favourites from that season.

Nope. 2/3 of the program was the remixed version, not the film.

FarFarAway
09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
All I remember from the movie was early morning masturbation, lesbian wet dream, not daring to eat cake and cutting nails with a pair of scissors. Was there even a guy in the movie other than the guy who lost grip of Natalie Portman and caused her t fall and cry? :confused:

There was :) In the pub, before the wet dream. Two of them:rofl:

MikiAndoFan#1
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
There was :) In the pub, before the wet dream. Two of them:rofl:

:rofl:

Proustable
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Nope. 2/3 of the program was the remixed version, not the film.

Ah, thanks. I actually prefer the remixed version (used in the Two Towers trailer) but I assumed your comment was more that programs that use RfaD tend to mix it with other choices (DomShabs had it with Double Life of Veronique, for example, and P/B mixed it with other stuff).

How about Dube/Davison (sorry for reminding you about that program if you'd forgotten it)?

casken
09-05-2011, 11:06 PM
How about Dube/Davison (sorry for reminding you about that program if you'd forgotten it)?

Same. They used the remixed version, at least at the end. All I remember is it blaring away while they did the sbs spins. :scream:

burntBREAD
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Haruka Imai's SP to "Song without Words" by Mendelssohn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfEPUq37Ces