PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Andora
08-19-2011, 09:33 PM
They performed the program at the Mariposa Gala, and it was really lovely. It looked like there were potentially intense moments, but I didn't expect this description. :eek:

Theatregirl1122
08-19-2011, 09:34 PM
:lol:So far their programs have been sophisticated ..so I'm trusting that whoever used the word abusive..it's only in the most modern sense..( he refuses to go to a ballroom class with her , e.g...or won't help with the housework , or something..)

I really hope that there is no one out there flippantly using the word abusive in that sense.

Proustable
08-20-2011, 01:40 AM
More generally, I don't think it's wrong to include "hope" in abusive situations. "He swore that would be the last time he hit me" etc - presumably the victim has hope that's true. No idea how successful they would be on ice, though.

burntBREAD
08-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Akiko Suzuki
SP:Hungarian Rhapsody (choreo Anjelika Krylova)
FP: Die Fledermaus overture (choreo Pasquale Camerlengo)

~tapdancer~
08-20-2011, 03:11 AM
So icenetwork has a new article about the Detroit SC. As far as I know, P/B haven't officially announced their music but this article says their FD is "Egypt" music by Peter Gabriel. I really like his music, can't think of which song of his they are using, I've got "The Feeling Begins" stuck in my head right now. :lol:

casken
08-20-2011, 03:32 AM
OMG if it's "The Feeling Begins". :scream:

But Gabriel's "Passion of Christ" soundtrack, which "TFB" comes from, is full of "Egyptian" sounding music that would be great for a FD, so I'm betting/hoping it's that.

manhn
08-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Another movie soundtrack for P&B? Awesome!

oleada
08-20-2011, 07:00 AM
The description for Paul/Islam is all kinds of wrong :yikes:

kwanfan1818
08-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Based on what they skated at BC Summerskate and with a lot of help from Shazam:

Harvey/Gagnon:

SD: First part: Straight to...Number One (Touch & Go)
Second part: no recognized

FD: Rolling Stones: Miss You, Angie, Paint It Black

Aghai/Partanen:

SD: First part, not recognized, but it sounds like there are a lot of conga drums and the lyrics start with "Samba, Tango, Cha Cha. Rhumba, Rhumba, Samba, Samba, Cha Cha"
Second part: Sex Bomb (Tom Jones and Mousse T.)

FD: Welcome to Burlesque (Cher), You Haven't Seen the Last of Me (Cher), Show Me How You Burlesque (Christina Aguilera)

Pratfall
08-20-2011, 09:03 AM
:) Re; P/I...I would hope no-one would use "abusive" in such a trivial sense either..

However, it wasn't that long ago that that word was reserved for physical , or maybe extreme mental abuse..( in which case , forgiveness and hope only prolong the agony ). Nowadays we do tend to recognise much lesser situations as abusive ( if less seriously ) or potentially abusive. I'm hoping pj ,or whoever, used the word a bit loosely.

Judging from what we've seen from them so far , I can't imagine this team descending into melodrama, so I'm not too worried.
Orford and Williams SD from BC Summer skate ;

"Dance with Me"..Debelah Morgan ( Hernando's Hideaway Cha cha )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8d_JOI2600

And,;) " Baila conmigo "...Domino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vlX0ydXLds&feature=related

I liked this dance better than any other SD at BCSS , Jr or Sr ..and I think better than anything I've seen from Thornhill, too.

Japanfan
08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I really hope that there is no one out there flippantly using the word abusive in that sense.

They should really rethink that word - women in abusive relationships do forgive (and fortunately, may reach a point when it stops) and there are moments of (illusory) hope.

But it's not something to be celebrated and most likely not something that a couple of kids can understand.

Moka-Ananas
08-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Tatiana TUDVASEVA/Sergei LISIEV RUS (they will be on the JGP this season)

SP: Old City Kadril (Folk song)
FP: Ruslan and Ludmila by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov

Ekaterina KRUTSKIKH/Vladimir MOROZOV RUS

SP: Selection from Cirque du Soleil
FP: The Mask of Zorro

quiqie
08-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Yuko Kavaguti - Alexander Smirnov

SP Rock-blues (unknown music)
LP Claire de Lune by C. Debussy, both programs choreographed by Petr Tchernyshev

Katarina Gerboldt - Alexander Enbert

SP Money-money by ABBA
LP Les parapluies de Cherbourg by Michel Legrand, both by Natalia Bestemyanova and Igor Bobrin

Kamilla Gaynetdinova - Ivan Bich

SP: OST "My Fair Lady"
LP: "Die Fledermaus" by J. Strauss
Choreography supposedly by Valery Pechersky

Oksana Nagalatiy - Konstantin Bezmaternykh

SP: Palladio by Karl Jenkins
LP: Verdi's "La Traviata" (not definitely, since :sekret: haven't seen the program)
Choreography by Valery Pechersky

Alexandra Vasilyeva - Yuriy Shevchuk

SP: Grand Pas from "Paquita" by L. Minkus
LP: Secret Garden - Appassionata
Choreography by Valery Pechersky

Source: http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?s=&showtopic=1923&view=findpost&p=244525

Cherub721
08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Bobrin!!!! :eek: :cheer: Didn't he do B&S' City Lights LP? What other pairs programs has he done? Has Bestemianova ever choreographed for pairs before? (I think she used to work with Faiella & Scali).

Wheee for G&E doing ABBA. :lol: And for K&S keeping their LP and doing their SP with Tchernyshev too! I wish he would've worked with V&T or I&M.

Moka-Ananas
08-20-2011, 03:32 PM
G/E's choices are my favorites so far!
Good for K/S that they are keeping their FP, it was their best by far.
Excited about Bez and his new partner. Hopefully she's better than Imaikina...although it's really a challenge to be worse IMHO.