PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

luCN
08-15-2011, 01:54 AM
forget to post here :P
PTs SP will be "Paso",a Paso Doble pro with music from a film OST choreographed by Morozov.
and they'll skip the GPs,only attend Worlds.

MR-FAN
08-15-2011, 02:29 AM
PTs SP will be "Paso",a Paso Doble pro with music from a film OST choreographed by Morozov.

Pang and Tong?

luCN
08-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Yes

triple_toe
08-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Cynthia Phaneuff is starting to bore me. Every program is the same. :yawn:

That's because her programs literally ARE the same. She only changes them every two years, which is a bit :confused: to me especially considering that all she does is crossovers anyway.

mia joy
08-15-2011, 04:04 PM

couldn't they just retire already and save me some pain?

MikiAndoFan#1
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
couldn't they just retire already and save me some pain?

You don't have to watch them. :shuffle:

Dragonlady
08-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Can anyone afford the rights to use Lady Gaga's music?

Skaters do not pay for the rights to music and rights are not negotiated with individual artists, unless the music is created especially for the program. There is a deal in place under which the federation pays for music rights in some sort of bulk deal. Skaters also don't have to clear rights for competition broadcast either. That too is part of the deal the federation has with ASCAP and similar rights groups.

Anyone who so desires can skate to Lady Gaga but who would want to? Only dancers can use vocals and it's hardly music which would lend itself to figure skating, other than exhibitions.

FarFarAway
08-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Anyone who so desires can skate to Lady Gaga but who would want to? Only dancers can use vocals and it's hardly music which would lend itself to figure skating, other than exhibitions.

I think I have to agree with that completely. Have no idea which Gaga's song can be used in SP or LP. Something like Telephone would definitely look like a night club show:D

Allen
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
GaGa's music would work for the SD this year. Telephone was used as a Cha Cha on Dancing With the Stars. Poker Face was used as a samba on something I watched. Bad Romance and Alejandro would both work well this year. A :inavoid: team could also make a fabulous free dance out of her music.

FarFarAway
08-16-2011, 05:00 AM
GaGa's music would work for the SD this year. Telephone was used as a Cha Cha on Dancing With the Stars. Poker Face was used as a samba on something I watched. Bad Romance and Alejandro would both work well this year. A :inavoid: team could also make a fabulous free dance out of her music.

Probably yes. But I still can think of only Alejandro being used in ice dance. IMO Bad Romance and Poker Face are rather agressive songs, not every team can cope with that :)

RumbleFish
08-16-2011, 06:09 AM
That's because her programs literally ARE the same. She only changes them every two years, which is a bit :confused: to me especially considering that all she does is crossovers anyway.

And all of her programs start with her signiture fall in the 3Lz.:yawn:

FarFarAway
08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
And all of her programs start with her signiture fall in the 3Lz.:yawn:

But she is beautiful:P

Marco
08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I remember a season or two ago Abbott wasn't allowed to skate to A Day in the Life in some sort of show because he couldn't secure the rights or the organisers didn't want to pay for the rights?!

dramagrrl
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
I remember a season or two ago Abbott wasn't allowed to skate to A Day in the Life in some sort of show because he couldn't secure the rights or the organisers didn't want to pay for the rights?!
If the show was going to be broadcast, and the broadcast wasn't live to air, they would have had to either pay for the rights or overdub other music onto the program when it was aired. There is a rule about using music on taped broadcasts that requires producers to pay for the rights, but there are exceptions for broadcasts which are live to air. I believe skaters get away with not paying for music for competitive programs partly because of the live to air clause and partly because there are also clauses for athletic and competitive use in most countries that actually have something like SOCAN (the songwriters' association in Canada) in operation.

I remember that on several CBC broadcasts of CSOI, some programs that used current popular music were overdubbed with muzak or a completely different song when the filmed version aired, because CBC couldn't afford to pay the exorbitant costs for the actual song. It was very weird to watch when one knew what music the program had actually been skated to!

fsfan22
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I remember that on several CBC broadcasts of CSOI, some programs that used current popular music were overdubbed with muzak or a completely different song when the filmed version aired, because CBC couldn't afford to pay the exorbitant costs for the actual song. It was very weird to watch when one knew what music the program had actually been skated to!

I remember when Yu-Na Kim performed an exhibition on the first season of Battle of the Blades (on CBC) that they dubbed over her James Bond music too. Kinda loses its effect ...