PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

MarieM
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Choreo by Zueva ? Another generic bland program :( Sad :(

FarFarAway
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I am wondering when we will get our first Lady GaGa medley free dance.
I dream about that.

I am not surprised, Tarasova is a choreographer of deep emotion.

This statement is rather disputable.

nana7045
08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Did she say it was too difficult for her emotionally? Or technically?

She would say it's difficult technically.

oleada
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Some music info from notable JGP entries (excluding US skaters, because I think Sylvia already posted that)

Cecilia Torn (FIN)
SP: Fuego by Robert Michaels
LP: Piano Concerto No. 2 Op. 18 by Sergei Rachmaninov
Choreographer: Maria McLean, Mia Nirhamo

Riona Kato (JPN)
SP: Salut d'Amour by Edward W. Elgar
LP: In a Trance
80's Anthem
Asturias by Isaac Albeniz
Choreographer: Miki Sakagami, Larisa Ge

Miyabi Oba (JPN)
SP: Tempest by Gaetano Pugnami, Fritz Kreisler
LP: Polovetsian Dances from "Prince Igor" by Alexander Borodin
Choreographer: Kenji Miyamoto

Alexandra Kamieneicki (POL)
SP: Waltz Masquerade by Aram Khatchaturian
LP: Incantation from Cirque du Soleil
Harem by Sarah Brightman
Choreographer: Tatiana Druchinina

Polina Agafonova (RUS)
SP: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona
LP: The Matrix (soundtrack) by Rob Dougan
Choreographer: Liudmila Mozhina

Polina Shelepen (RUS)
SP: Variations on classical music
LP: Violin Concerto by Felix Mendelsson
Choreographer: Alex Zheleznikov, Igor Lutikov

Men:

Nam Nyugen (CAN)
SP: Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson, David Garrett
LP: Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 by L. van Beethoven
Piano Concerto No. 5 "Emperor" by L. van Beethoven
Choreographer: Joanne McLeod

Sei Kawahara (JPN)
SP: Sing Sing Sing by Louis Prima
LP: Lorelei by Raul DiBlasio
Choreographer: Kenji Miyamoto

Fedosiy Efremenkov (RUS)
LP: Sindbad - The Legend of the Seven Seas (soundtrack) by Harry Gregson-Williams
Choreographer: Nikolai Morozov

Gordey Gorshkov
SP: Winter from "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi
LP: Notre Dame de Paris (musical soundtrack) by Richard Cocciante
Choreographer: Igor Kosheev, Oksana Kazakova

Ice Dance
Andreanne Paulin/Marc-Andre Servant (CAN)
SD: Cha Cha: Sittin' on the Dock of the bay
Samba: Mas Que Nada
FD: Passion Nomad by Dr. Draw
Choreographer: Shae Zukiwsky

Evgenia Kosigina/Nikolai Moroshkin (RUS)
SD: Cha Cha
FD: Walpurgisnight
Choreographer: Sergei Petukhov

Pairs:
Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro (CAN)
SP: Harlem Nocturne
LP: Adagio by Queen
Choreographer: Alison Purkiss

Ekaterina Krutskikh/Vladimir Morozov (RUS)
SP: Selecction from Cirque du Soleil
LP: Mask of Zorro (Soundtrack)
Choreographer: Alla Kapranova, Sergei Verbillo

Tatiana Tudvaseva/Sergey Liseev
SP: Old City Kadril (Folk song)
LP: Ruslan and Ludmila by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

Right now only some Russians, Canadians and Japanese and a few other skaters have the new info listed.

Allen
08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
They skated to "Moulin Rouge" last season. I didn't think that was angsty at all. Or do you mean that you would like them to continue in that vein? :confused: Loved that programme in any case.

I would consider that angsty, not Tarasova angsty, but it was angsty to me. Perhaps overwrought is a better term. I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but even though I like them very much, I hated both of their programs last year.

Speaking of the GaGa Medley, I think a Weaver/Poje program to GaGa choreographed by Camerlengo could be really fabulous.

mia joy
08-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but even though I like them very much, I hated both of their programs last year.

Oh, God bless you. I got sick and tired of everyone worshipping W/P last season, especially their FD. To me it was like they just took the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, cut it in a million unmatching pieces (or just took the most popular bits) and danced some dance moves to it, without even trying to express the movie's character or storyline. I mean, the movie is a tragic love story with cabaret in the background and they just transformed it into a popular songs medley, without any idea for the program as a whole. I hated it, as I really love the movie. And to be honest, even a Drobiazko/Vanagas montage I made ages ago (when I was a truly terrible vidder) was a far better interpretation of Come What May than what they did in that FD :P

Speaking of the GaGa Medley, I think a Weaver/Poje program to GaGa choreographed by Camerlengo could be really fabulous.

I think anybody's program to GaGa choreographed by Camerlengo would be :kickass:

kimkom
08-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh, God bless you. I got sick and tired of everyone worshipping W/P last season, especially their FD.

I also agree - about the FD, anyway. When I first saw it early in the season, I hoped it would grow on me. It never did.

Their SD, OTOH, was stunning! :swoon:

Allen
08-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I also agree - about the FD, anyway. When I first saw it early in the season, I hoped it would grow on me. It never did.

Their SD, OTOH, was stunning! :swoon:

I think I felt about their SD the way you felt about their free dance. I saw it early on and just didn't warm to it at all, but kept thinking I eventually would. However, I actually started liking it less and less the more the season went on. That lift also drove me crazy...it looked like he was shipwrecked and she was a piece of driftwood to which he was hanging on for dear life.

Even though I disliked the programs, I do really like them. I just wish they would go in a different direction aesthetically.

kimkom
08-03-2011, 11:44 PM
...it looked like he was shipwrecked and she was a piece of driftwood to which he was hanging on for dear life.

:rofl: :rofl: Awesome!

oleada
08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I liked the SD; the FD was ice dance cheez wiz and I loved it.

allezfred
08-04-2011, 12:14 AM

Heart-shaped arms break ever time you say that. :drama: :fragile:

kimkom
08-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Heart-shaped arms break ever time you say that. :drama: :fragile:

:rofl::rofl: That was the worst part. Soooo lame! :o

Just to be clear, I've loved Andrew Poje (and whatshername ;) ) from day one. And I may have given the FD a standing ovation anyway. :P

allezfred
08-04-2011, 12:23 AM
:rofl::rofl: That was the worst best part. Soooo lame fantastic! :o

I fixed your post for you. :D

Just to be clear, I've loved Andrew Poje (and whatshername ;) ) from day one. And I may have given the FD a standing ovation anyway. :P

:HA!:

oleada
08-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Heart shaped arms and cheesy melodrama is like, the entire point of ice dance.

dinakt
08-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh, God bless you. I got sick and tired of everyone worshipping W/P last season, especially their FD. To me it was like they just took the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, cut it in a million unmatching pieces (or just took the most popular bits) and danced some dance moves to it, without even trying to express the movie's character or storyline. I mean, the movie is a tragic love story with cabaret in the background and they just transformed it into a popular songs medley, without any idea for the program as a whole. I hated it, as I really love the movie. And to be honest, even a Drobiazko/Vanagas montage I made ages ago (when I was a truly terrible vidder) was a far better interpretation of Come What May than what they did in that FD :P

I think anybody's program to GaGa choreographed by Camerlengo would be :kickass:

LOL, I was exactly the opposite. I saw the movie in a theatre and did not give a damn, and I loved W/P FD- at least the way it was done at Worlds.
My thoughts on them over the last two seasons:
2009-2010- Wow, he is gorgeous and they really can skate
2010-2011- Wow, she can hold attention on her own with beauty and abandon while he is gorgeous and they really can skate! I'm a big fan!

So, looking to 2011-12 with great anticipation:)