PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Proustable
07-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Does "La Strada" really need to be sexy though? It's definitely playful (which their Bollywood OD was in spades). I'm more concerned that they lack the rueful qualities of the piece. More than that, however, I do think it's a piece of music that challenges them (as "Il Postino" did) so am fine with it.

I'm surprised there's less chatter about V/T and "Black Swan." We're gonna see a lot of them, but I'm looking forward to their program the most.

zotza
07-29-2011, 02:32 AM
I think every couple has a different type of chemistry.Sometimes we tend to believe that the only chemistry ice dancers can have is what we consider romantic.And when we learn about them having separate personal lives we feel the chemistry is gone.
Count me as one that never saw Davis and White having any kind of sexy chemistry,and that isn't necessarily bad.As well as I strongly believe that ice dancers are very good actors,which isn't again necessarily bad.
I guess chemistry is on the eye of the beholder as well as beauty.Pretty subjective notions for me..
I for once like the music choice and I'm not even a fan.First thing that came to my mind was R/K FD as well. Are W/P really using La Strada as well?

About P/B..I don't think they will go for the typical Egyptian program either.It's P/B after all and working with Belmoktar this time.I have to say I never liked their Chaplin although it delivered all season.I prefer the Madness P/B,especially now that they have adressed their technical issues.

plushenkofan
07-29-2011, 04:22 AM
http://www.leprogres.fr/sports/2011/07/28/a-l-assaut-de-la-pyramide

Pechalat/Bourzat are doing an Egyptian themed FD

:inavoid:

chipso1
07-29-2011, 04:43 AM
From IceNetwork

Courtney Hicks (USA)
SP: "Raga's Dance" by Vanessa Mae
FS: "Russian Sailors Dance" and "Adagio" by Reinhold Gliere, performed by Andre Anichinov & St. Petersburg State Symphony Orchestra

Kiri Baga (USA)
SP: "Piano Fantasy" by William Joseph
FS: "La Strada" by Nino Rota

Vanessa Lam (USA)
SP: "Con te partiro" by Francesco Sartori
FS: "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" by Rachmaninoff

Jenna
07-29-2011, 05:13 AM
I love Davis and White, but they don't have romantic or sexy chemistry anymore. I think they used to have it (Samson and Delilah was crazy soft romantic) but I think a lot (all?) of that went away when Charlie got together with Tanith. I don't mean to start anything with that statement; just an honest observation.

La Strada is such an unoriginal choice. I don't even care if it works for them in theory compared to other overused music of the skating world, it just makes me mad for it's laziness. Try something new!

Come on. Last season's choice was clearly something out of the box for Davis/White. That was a challenging FD for them. Maybe they wanted to venture back into their comfort zone this season.

literaryfreak
07-29-2011, 05:34 AM
La Strada makes me think of a sweet, innocent, slightly old-fashioned romance (maybe it's me thinking of R/K's FD to it) and I think D/W's chemistry is well suited to that - softer, lighter, slightly cutesy romance. Though god, I would love for them to do another classical story someday, we just don't see them in ice dance anymore...

In some ways, La Strada is going out of their comfort zone but is not as insane a stretch as the tango was. There will be work in really getting across the characters and the mood, but they will still have the audience-engaging music to fall back upon, which makes such a big difference. That was the one thing about the tango that worried me, that the music was not very audience-friendly, especially since it took a while for the tango to gel. I wonder if they really enjoyed last season's "The Way I Am" exhibition and wanted to do more in the sweet and humorous vein.

Pratfall
07-29-2011, 05:44 AM
In 2009, Z/S did a really enchanting La Strada for Allie Hann-McCurdy and Michael Correno. I thought they were short changed at Canadian nationals , but were in the medals at 4CC. It was a very good program, ( my favourite LS apart from R/K's ) and I can see it being the seed that germinates into an even better one for a couple with more stature..

ETA..I'm cringing at the thought of JC Superstar for B/L..surely this can't be Marina's idea ? Every time someone mentions the music I get this horrible deja vu vision of L/A...Avert! Avert!

Karpenko
07-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Volosazhar/Trankov
SP- Bring me to Life
LP-Black Swan

Evanescence? Surprisingly non generic music choices for them :) I'm expecting them to struggle a bit this year for some reason, but I love the music choices and their skating!

Jeschke
07-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Volosazhar/Trankov
SP- Bring me to Life
LP-Black Swan

Bazarova/Larionov
SP-Jesus Christ Superstar
LP-Tosca

:eek: oh my, little surprised about the choices;
tosca for b/l? i cannot see that music fitting the pair in any way.

black swan nor very originally for v/t? i cannnot see tatiana even as the white swan, not wannt to talk about black swan :P

lily
07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Volosazhar/Trankov
SP- Bring me to Life
LP-Black Swan

Bazarova/Larionov
SP-Jesus Christ Superstar
LP-Tosca

Oooo, did Tanya and Max see too much Lambiel's "Bring me to Life" on numerous shows together :lol::lol:

luCN
07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Oooo, did Tanya and Max see too much Lambiel's "Bring me to Life" on numerous shows together :lol::lol:

He even tried lambiel's Bring me to life custom(seems good) :lol:

well,after all,I love the song,but without the lyrics,I wonder if the music can work...

and Black Swan...mix feeling...and Morozov's choreograph works are not very promising these days...:shuffle:

Finnice
07-29-2011, 10:04 AM
black swan nor very originally for v/t? i cannnot see tatiana even as the white swan, not wannt to talk about black swan :P
Maybe Maxim will play the black swan:P
Actually, I can see her playing the black one - but she needs a really good choreographer for that.

allezfred
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess I'm going to wait and see what Davis/White do with "La Strada". :shuffle:

Zemgirl
07-29-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure, considering the reputation D/W now enjoy, that it matters if they can pull off a La Strada program. They'll skate fast and have difficult lifts, and therefore they will get the marks.

P/B's FD sounds promisingly voidy. Was their Mummy EX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JiH5nDSZvo) meant to be Egyptian? Will Fabian go shirtless again? :smokin:

Hanna
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Bazarova/Larionov
LP-Tosca

Oh goody.