PDA

View Full Version : Programs season 2011/2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Allen
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
iīm not totally happy with nelli/alex choices too.
i love the romeo&juliet soundtrack, but itīs acvery conservative music choice for them.
letīs see.

Do we know which Romeo and Juliet soundtrack they are using? If it's the Baz Luhrman version, that could be fairly interesting.

I'm still hoping they can pull out interesting programs, because I just adored them this year.

nuge
07-13-2011, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=kwanfan1818;3234485]FS: Soundtrack from "Your Highness"

Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi:
SD: "Rumba d'Amour" (new version"
FD: Soundtrack of "Romeo and Juliet"

Is Staviski doing any more choreo for them again ?]

Allen
07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=kwanfan1818;3234485]FS: Soundtrack from "Your Highness"

Their Wikipedia entry says that they went to work with him on new programs.

olifaunt
07-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know what Brian Joubert is doing? I know he went to David Wilson for the SP, though I don't know what his music is. Is he keeping his long program?

ivagall
07-13-2011, 09:07 PM

Is Staviski doing any more choreo for them again ?

Yes, they spent some time in Bulgaria in May/June and worked with Maxim (and Albena) on their new programs.

Zemgirl
07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know what Brian Joubert is doing? I know he went to David Wilson for the SP, though I don't know what his music is. Is he keeping his long program?
According to an interview Joubert did with IFS magazine a couple of months ago, he will keep the LP with maybe some tweaking (makes sense, he didn't get too many opportunities to skate to it internationally) and will work on a new SP with Wilson. He also said the SP will be something completely different in style from the LP. The interview is in the August print edition, I don't know if it'll be available on their website as well.

Zemgirl
07-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Sorry, double post.

Hanna
07-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende:
SP: "Music Is My First Love" (John Miles)

Seriously? :scream: :scream: :scream:

I really started liking them last season. :shuffle:

At least they canīt use the lyrics.:P
Thank God!

Ziggy
07-13-2011, 11:20 PM

The article says they went to Sofia to get choreo from him.

According to an interview Joubert did with IFS magazine a couple of months ago, he will keep the LP with maybe some tweaking (makes sense, he didn't get too many opportunities to skate to it internationally) and will work on a new SP with Wilson. He also said the SP will be something completely different in style from the LP. The interview is in the August print edition, I don't know if it'll be available on their website as well.

It doesn't make any sense because the choreography bears absolutely no relation to the music and the program is extremely empty. :P

orbitz
07-14-2011, 02:07 AM
I think that for Brian's presumed last season of eligible skating, he should go back to a SP and LP programs that brought him good memories, ie Matrix for the LP. Liz Manley took that approach in 88 and it worked wonders her her.

blue_idealist
07-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Yesssss the Matrix again for Brian; I miss that one!

FarFarAway
07-14-2011, 04:24 AM
I think that for Brian's presumed last season of eligible skating, he should go back to a SP and LP programs that brought him good memories, ie Matrix for the LP. Liz Manley took that approach in 88 and it worked wonders her her.

Oh no, not Matrix, please.
Only if he performs something totally different, but not the same programs I have already seen so many times.

FarFarAway
07-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende:
SP: "Music Is My First Love" (John Miles)

Can't possibly imagine what the program will look like at the moment:rolleyes:
But we'll see I presume:)
Anyway, at least they will probably invent some completely new costumes for both programs. Got a little bit tired of the Gladiatorish things in everything they had.

Zemgirl
07-14-2011, 05:53 AM
It doesn't make any sense because the choreography bears absolutely no relation to the music and the program is extremely empty. :P
Well, I wasn't making a statement about the merits of the program - but Joubert seems to like the program and enjoys skating it, which is certainly a consideration... and he has gotten decent marks, despite being outside the final group at both Euros and Worlds. I think he probably had to keep at least one program because he's still dealing with the knee injury and might not be able to work on two new ones. The SP had to go, it wasn't working for him, so the LP stays - hopefully it'll be a better version of it.

He'll never hear the end of it if he does something like that! ;)

Spartacus
07-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Brian's not competing after this season? I didn't know that! *frowny face*