PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Leggings Can Make You Fat...?

Pages : [1] 2

nubka
05-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Say it isn't so... :drama: :drama:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382579/Why-leggings-make-fat-Wearing-causes-lazy-muscles-leaves-legs-stomach-flabby.html

As for me, I never wear leggings (it wouldn't be a pretty sight...:yikes:)

RockTheTassel
05-03-2011, 04:58 AM
The article keeps implying that leggings are there to "hide" flaws, but I find them so revealing. I won't wear them unless my legs are already toned.

Cheylana
05-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Well, I'm ok with this, so long as I can still wear my jeggings! :lol:
Oh wait...

BigB08822
05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
The article keeps implying that leggings are there to "hide" flaws, but I find them so revealing. I won't wear them unless my legs are already toned.

I agree. Woman that wear them and don't have on a skirt or short dress are basically walking around butt naked as far as I am concerned. There is NOTHING left to the imagination. Nothing is hidden...

Cheylana
05-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Well, they hide flaws in the way Spanx does; they consolidate your fat and flab and make you look a little thinner than you would look if you walked around "naked," so to speak.

BigB08822
05-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Well, they hide flaws in the way Spanx does; they consolidate your fat and flab and make you look a little thinner than you would look if you walked around "naked," so to speak.

This is true. I was going to say something but couldn't figure out how to properly word it without grossing someone out. :rofl:

Let's just say leggings hide some flaws but they do NOT hide any body parts.

Anita18
05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Leggings are basically lose-lose. People who are completely normal weight look fat in them, while girls actually thin enough to wear them and look good are SO thin that's all I can think about when I see them. :lol:

I only wear leggings when I'm wearing a long shirt or dress over it, which IMO is the only way to remotely get around the lose-lose proposition. Otherwise it's way too revealing. :o

LilJen
05-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Say it isn't so... :drama: :drama:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382579/Why-leggings-make-fat-Wearing-causes-lazy-muscles-leaves-legs-stomach-flabby.html

As for me, I never wear leggings (it wouldn't be a pretty sight...:yikes:)

BWAH!! I thought they were going to say something about always wearing stretchy material (as opposed to, for example, regular jeans) so you're not necessarily aware when you've put on a few pounds because it stretches to fit you.

danceronice
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Has anyone (except on here) ever realised even if you're thin, exagerating how thin your legs are makes your upper body look bigger?

Closest I ever wear to leggings are riding breeches or schooling tights, and they're much thicker, thank goodness.

gkelly
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I usually only wearing leggings instead of tights when skating, usually with shorts or a skating skirt over them. So that should keep up the muscle tone.

Occasionally I wear them off-ice instead of tights with a skirt or under my slacks for warmth or to be able to make a quick change to skating attire after work or wherever else I'm going. Never as my only lower-body covering.

genevieve
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I admit it - in the late '80s/early '90s, I lived in leggings-as-pants. What can I say, I was really skinny, had great legs, and had no idea just how revealing pants that bared no skin could be. Honest! I think back on it and laugh, but they were the most comfortable thing, they went with everything (considering my entire wardrobe was t-shirts and thrift store dresses)...can't say I'd do it different :lol:

Sometimes I see young women wearing things that are...far more revealing than is necessary. But then I figure, they're young, they're got the bodies and the attitude to carry it off - go for it. I'm NOT talking about in an office setting - the whole what's appropriate for the workplace is a different debate - but out on the street.

Karina1974
05-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I agree. Woman that wear them and don't have on a skirt or short dress are basically walking around butt naked as far as I am concerned. There is NOTHING left to the imagination. Nothing is hidden...

If they're wearing the ones that are basically tights or stockings without feet, yes, I would agree with that. But you're incorrect if you're talking about the ones that are made out of thicker stretch-knit material that is not see-through. I have several pairs like that, and I wear them for cycling because I can't afford what are called "riding tights".

genevieve
05-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean they're see-through.

MacMadame
05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
What utter nonsense... Leggings aren't strong enough to not have use your muscles. Many types don't even hold you in as well as Spanx. That physiotherapist is a moron.

As for them being lose-lose, people with great legs look great in them.

Except for jeggings. No one looks good in jeggings. ;)

genevieve
05-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Do I even want to know what jeggings are?

ETA: I just looked and no, I didn't want to know :lol: That seems like the lady version of the tuxedo t-shirt.