PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Na says she may skip GP this season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ehdtkqorl123
05-02-2011, 02:01 AM
After arriving in Korea, she told she did her best even though she didn't perform like she did at practice sessions. She said her goal was not just to win, but to show her new programs. She said she was satisfied with the result. Due to her schedule as an ambassador for PyeongChang, it will be hard to fully focus on training for the next season.

kittyjake5
05-02-2011, 02:11 AM
As I suspected she won't be competing next season. Unfortunately I don't think we will see Yuna skate competitively again. I believe Worlds 2011 was her swan song. JMO

Lilith11
05-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Title's misleading... in truth, nothing's been decided yet. It's still all up in the air for her next season and Yu-na hasn't made any definitive statements yet.

nubka
05-02-2011, 02:24 AM
As I suspected she won't be competing next season. Unfortunately I don't think we will see Yuna skate competitively again. I believe Worlds 2011 was her swan song. JMO

I agree.

ehdtkqorl123
05-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Title's misleading... in truth, nothing's been decided yet. It's still all up in the air for her next season and Yu-na hasn't made any definitive statements yet.

Actually I was also misled by Korean articles :(
But Yu-Na said it will be unlikely that she fully compete this season.
Hope I can change the title to
"Yu-Na said she might skip GP next season" Can admins modify it?

Lilith11
05-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Actually I was also misled by Korean articles :(
But Yu-Na said it will be unlikely that she fully compete this season.
Hope I can change the title to
"Yu-Na said she might skip GP next season" Can admins modify it?

Once again, press is inserting its own words for Yu-na into her mouth. The most sure thing I think that can be drawn from it is that she's feeling more competitive again :3

riveredge
05-02-2011, 03:21 AM
I know the korean Fed is not influential but how I hope someone with power or even from Team Yuna's camp can give Yuna an advice to follow whatever she wishes to do. It's evident that she's exhausted. Even after worlds she has a lot of obligations. The girl needs a LONG break minus the drama in her life.

Shaia
05-02-2011, 05:30 AM
The way I read what Yuna said, she basically confirmed that she wants to continue, and physically, she is growing stronger. She will most likely compete at both 4CC and the Worlds. Grand Prix is not possible because she will have so many things going on in the summer and she will not have time to practice much.

BigB08822
05-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I find it amazing that she continues to train and be at such a high level while only competing once a year. Maybe next year she will also do 4CC, as Shaia says, but even still, only 2 competitions! I hope she keeps her programs, that will at least save her some time and money.

What this says to me is that she wants to compete in Sochi. She is doing something very similar to what Kwan did. It is probably smart and she looked great in Moscow even if she had a few errors that cost her the gold.

riveredge
05-02-2011, 06:00 AM
I find it amazing that she continues to train and be at such a high level while only competing once a year. Maybe next year she will also do 4CC, as Shaia says, but even still, only 2 competitions! I hope she keeps her programs, that will at least save her some time and money.

What this says to me is that she wants to compete in Sochi. She is doing something very similar to what Kwan did. It is probably smart and she looked great in Moscow even if she had a few errors that cost her the gold.

I would like to see her LP again! The potential of that program is something. :D

RumbleFish
05-02-2011, 07:06 AM

Should Yuna decide to compete in Sochi, I want her to save Arirang program until the Olympic season. It could become her signiture piece a la Kwan's EoE.

I also agree that she should do 4CC if she competes next year. 4CC will be held in Colorado Springs, where standard of judging should be light years better than that of Taiwan.

Anyways, it is way too early for her to committ to next season plans, as she has lots of obligation with Pyongchang Olympic bid and various tv appearances.

riveredge
05-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Figure skater Kim Yu-Na to skip Grand Prix
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110502/sp_wl_afp/fskatekorkim_20110502034909

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/05/02/2011050201166.html

Kim hopes to go travelling, something she wanted to do after the Olympics last year but had to put off. "I went to Paris twice for the Grand Prix series, but I want to go there just for travel. I will leave the skates behind, and won't go anywhere near the ice rink."

Interesting quote..

RumbleFish
05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Figure skater Kim Yu-Na to skip Grand Prix
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110502/sp_wl_afp/fskatekorkim_20110502034909

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/05/02/2011050201166.html

Interesting quote..

I recommend French Alps and/or Province region to Yuna.
Paris has many incredible monuments, but I couldn't stand stinky metro stations and bad service.

kia_4EverOnIce
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
poor Yu Na, she really needs an holiday! take her time off, and come back when she feels..whether it'll be next 4CC or later in 2012/13.

and...coming back after a year to won a silver medal was indeed great, despite she wasn't the skater of Vancouver, but it'd have been also very difficult to come back as that so late in the season

blue_idealist
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I think Yu-Na will skip everything except for Worlds again, and I don't think we'll see her at her best until maybe 2014.