PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 2012 Europeans in Sheffield Question

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

millipied
05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Not sure if this is allowed but I did not know where to post.

The all-event tickets are already on sale and I just got my ticket. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Motorpoint Arena. My ticket is in the first row right behind the judges section 102 row E. Do they have good view?
http://europeans2012.co.uk/tickets

lay'dback
05-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Sheffield is quite a spectator friendly venue - I dont think I have ever had a bad seat. I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice.

Nadin
05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
:eek: Very surprised at how cheap those tickets are :eek:

Imperfect Edge
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Are they cheap? I haven't been to any ISU champs before so didn't know how to react to them. In debate as to whether to get all event ticket or not, I doubt I will go to qualifying rounds so wouldn't make much difference on price ...

Generally when is it advisable to buy your ticket by?

Nadin
05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Yes, they're very cheap. Ticket prices can vary quite a bit depending on the host country, but on average they tend to be much higher then these, probably around five times as much. I certainly expected them to be higher in the UK, but hopefully they can fill the arena with these prices.

So far only all event tickets seem to be available which are restricted to certain sectors, individual tickets will go on sale early June when you'll have more choice in terms of seating.

If you definitely know you are going, I wouldn't wait too long. While it's always possible to get tickets at a later date, your preferred seats may no longer be available.

Allen
05-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!

Nadin
05-02-2011, 12:35 AM
:lol:

Made4Dancin
05-02-2011, 01:22 AM
I bought a ticket and I don't even have a passport. (from the US) I figured if I bought one maybe I'll force myself to go.

Asli
05-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Yes, they're very cheap. Ticket prices can vary quite a bit depending on the host country, but on average they tend to be much higher then these, probably around five times as much. I certainly expected them to be higher in the UK, but hopefully they can fill the arena with these prices.

Five times as much would make the best all-event tickets 800 GBP, or 900 euros. The Euros are never so expensive. Last year at Bern the best all-event tickets costed the equivalent of 500 euros and Switzerland is probably as expensive as it gets.

allezfred
05-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!

The catch is that you'd have to go to Sheffield. :P

Asli
05-02-2011, 03:49 AM
The closest airport to Sheffield is Manchester, right?

Lis
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I bought a ticket and I don't even have a passport. (from the US) I figured if I bought one maybe I'll force myself to go.

not having a passport is funny hope yours(photo) will look great !

skatefan
05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
The closest airport to Sheffield is Manchester, right?
Manchester is definitely the biggest airport, but there is also the smaller http://www.robinhoodairport.com/ which is much closer.

Here's a list of UK airports http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Transport/Getting-to-Britain/Flight-and-airport-information.htm

Nadin
05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Five times as much would make the best all-event tickets 800 GBP, or 900 euros. The Euros are never so expensive. Last year at Bern the best all-event tickets costed the equivalent of 500 euros and Switzerland is probably as expensive as it gets.

Actually you're right, I probably went a bit overboard here. Individual ticket prices of 16-31 for the final days and especially 21/31 for the gala still seem very cheap. I expected them to be more in line with Bern.

Asli
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Manchester is definitely the biggest airport, but there is also the smaller http://www.robinhoodairport.com/ which is much closer.

Thank you. :)

"Robin Hood Airport"! How cool is that?