PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 2012 Europeans in Sheffield Question

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Morelli
06-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I too booked seats in row K rather than at the very front. Yeas ago, I saw T&D with the Russian all-stars 3 times - once from way back, once with my nose almost touching the ice from the front row at the G-Mex, where they had to build up a rink off the floor, and once from about 8 rows back at Nottingham. Although the G-Mex experience was good for hearing the blades and seeing individual expressions on faces, the 8 rows back was the best overall experience.

Regarding practice sessions and seating - I remember going to Dortmund a few years ago and not being allowed to sit where we fancied for most of the practice sessions in the main arena. It was an altogether more unfriendly event than Birmingham in 1989 and 1995, where we seemed to mingle freely with the skaters and sit right by the barriers for practices. I can imagine Sheffield being not as nice as Birmingham, because what made it really good was having the practice and main rinks connected by the exhibition area. There were always people hanging around both during and between sessions. There was no exhibition in Dortmund, and you were faced with just hanging around the outer sections of the arena where everyone smoked or going outside into the freexing cold. There isn't really a lot of room around Sheffield Arena either, whcih is fine if you are just turning up for a 2 hour event and then going home, but I am certainly going into it not expecting to enjoy the championships in the same way I was able to at Birmingham. That way I won't be disappointed

vics
06-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello...quite new to the site! I have booked Block 118 row D seats 1 & 2! :) for the Saturday events. I hope it is far back enough! Most of row A had been booked...i guess this is maybe for mobility reasons? I don't like being up too high so hopefully I have made a good choice! The judges side would have been great but nevermind! I'm pretty central so that should be good. Anyone any advice on where may be the best tickets for the gala? I need to choose quite fast tho I think! Gosh If I lived in Sheffield this would be so much better haha x

star_gazer11
06-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!

It's very tempting!

Thanks for bumping this, can't believe how reasonable the pricing is. Off to do some research. :) The CAD/pound exchange rate is so much more friendly than when I visited London in 2005.

Hedwig
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, there is a train link from Manchester Airport to Sheffield - it's about 1 1/2 hr trip - if you book in advance the price is very reasonable. I guess there is also a National Express coach service as well. If you stay in Sheffield city centre there is a direct tram link from the centre to the arena.

Can you (or anyone else) tell me where to book this kind of ticket in advance?

morqet
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Can you (or anyone else) tell me where to book this kind of ticket in advance?

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ You can't book for January yet though, I think it's only available from 3 months in advance.

Hedwig
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
thanks! :)