PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 2012 Europeans in Sheffield Question

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

skatefan
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
There's a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield, isn't there? Somebody I know said that if you can drive, fly in to Robin Hood Airport as it doesn't seem to be served particularly well by public transport.
Yes, there is a train link from Manchester Airport to Sheffield - it's about 1 1/2 hr trip - if you book in advance the price is very reasonable. I guess there is also a National Express coach service as well. If you stay in Sheffield city centre there is a direct tram link from the centre to the arena.

mella
05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Good for you Aslı, you'll enjoy it even more :)

:cheer2: So happy to hear you are coming - I had no idea you were considering it! I thought for sure you would be thinking about Worlds instead.

Whee, Asli is coming!! :cheer:
Now I have to come as well so we can live our I&K uberdom together!!

I am still calculating my vacations days but I think I will be there as well. :)

And I thought for sure you would never come to Euros in Sheffield either ;) but very happy you will join us. Worlds too?

If I'd known you guys were planning a trip I would have seen if you wanted to sit with our little group!

And I have bought mine! So see you in Sheffield! (And hopefully in TEB before that!!!)

:D See you there ;) (Sheffield that is, not sure about TEB after all this year even though it was originally in my plans :wuzrobbed:)

I can't add anything useful about transportation to Sheffield I'm afraid. I'll drive up from London probably mid week, missing the preliminaries. We'll see how holiday time looks closer to the event if I can sqeeze a little extra time.

ETA - I think these are very good prices across the board. More than the recent Speed Skating world championships held at the same venue but still pretty comeptitive when considering Euros prices over the last few years. I also expected the prices to be closer to those for Bern so I was very happy to see them at a more affordable level.

Asli
05-02-2011, 11:23 PM
When people refer to printing the tickets at home, have you booked them on-line? I can't see an option for doing this.

In that case, among the two options for buying the tickets online, you must choose the Motorpoint Arena's website, (http://www.motorpointarena.co.uk/whats-on/european-figure-skating-championships-2012/) instead of Ticketmaster. I haven't gone that far with Ticketmaster, so can't be sure if one can print the tickets, but with Motorpoint you can make this choice around the time you pay for the tickets.

In the arena's website, you can also choose the exact seats you want, by first clicking on the section and then clicking on the seats. The areas that become red when you move the mouse on them must be reserved, as they were marked red for "sold out" before any other seats were sold.

jetset
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
In that case, among the two options for buying the tickets online, you must choose the Motorpoint Arena's website, (http://www.motorpointarena.co.uk/whats-on/european-figure-skating-championships-2012/) instead of Ticketmaster. I haven't gone that far with Ticketmaster, so can't be sure if one can print the tickets, but with Motorpoint you can make this choice around the time you pay for the tickets.

In the arena's website, you can also choose the exact seats you want, by first clicking on the section and then clicking on the seats. The areas that become red when you move the mouse on them must be reserved, as they were marked red for "sold out" before any other seats were sold.

The Ticketmaster website has changed today and you can select your seat there as well now.

Finnice
05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Okay, I am off to buy my tickets.

:)

:cheer2::respec::cheer:

batikat11
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Not sure if this is allowed but I did not know where to post.

The all-event tickets are already on sale and I just got my ticket. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Motorpoint Arena. My ticket is in the first row right behind the judges section 102 row E. Do they have good view?
http://europeans2012.co.uk/tickets

I do hope so as I have booked two tickets in that block and row too! And booked my hotel for the week as I plan to go to everything.

I thought the all event ticket prices were very reasonable - especially compared to tickets for the Olympics in 2012. You can watch a whole week of skating in the best seats for less than it costs to watch a single session of Olympic gymnastics for example.

skatefan
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I offered to Volunteer a few months ago but they haven't told me if they want me yet so I don't know whether to buy tickets or not yet. Also not too sure what my job situation will be but it going to take a lot to stop me! :cheer: that so many FSU people are going!
I've volunteered as well - but - have just bought an all event ticket :cheer2: It'll be the first big skating event I've been to so I'm really looking forward to it :)

Imperfect Edge
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Just waiting for my student loan to come through so I can buy mine :-) first senior international I will have been too :D

C_T_T_
05-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I've volunteered as well - but - have just bought an all event ticket :cheer2: It'll be the first big skating event I've been to so I'm really looking forward to it :)

I was just about to buy a ticket before they all disappeared but I got an email to say they will be using everyone who volunteered at some point and as a volunteer we can sit in the team section for free. Do you think that will be in a top corner somewhere? Maybe I should buy a good ticket just in case. Knowing my luck they put me backstage and I'll miss the whole thing anyway!

skatefan
05-06-2011, 07:38 PM
C T T I don't know where the team section is, sorry! I wonder whether it's those sections which do not show a seating plan. I did ring the arena to ask whether those sections would be released at a future date and they told me that they had not been allocated any of those areas for sale. But, those sections are the best ones, lol, so maybe they are the team/officials areas?

jetset
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
C T T I don't know where the team section is, sorry! I wonder whether it's those sections which do not show a seating plan. I did ring the arena to ask whether those sections would be released at a future date and they told me that they had not been allocated any of those areas for sale. But, those sections are the best ones, lol, so maybe they are the team/officials areas?

I phoned the NISA office to ask the question and was told that it was in the volunteer seating section not the Team seating which is in 208 and that was provisionally at the stage end so that must be the ones not showing.

skatesindreams
05-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!

It's very tempting!

alij
05-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow Great Price for an all event ticket! Booked block 105 Row H seat 10 I will be on my own so if anyone is sitting close to me please chat as this is my first big comp without my trusty sidekick daughter :(

allezfred
05-06-2011, 10:38 PM
But, those sections are the best ones, lol, so maybe they are the team/officials areas?

The best ones are reserved for ISU, VIP and host federation. The teams generally get put in the crappiest seats on the judges side.

Morelli
05-08-2011, 09:41 AM
The best ones are reserved for ISU, VIP and host federation.

It would be nice if they used them this time. We were sat just behind the VIP section at Worlds in 1995 and you could guarantee that they would be mostly empty for all but the last couple of groups in each event, when people like me would have loved to have been able to sit there.

I am hoping that the all event ticket allows you to wander freely and sit anywhere for the practice sessions in the areana and at Ice Sheffield. This was the case at both events in Birmingham, but not in Dortmund when worlds were there.

I don't know what hotel prices in Sheffield are like, but if they are much cheaper in outlying towns, it may be of use to know that the tram from the arena goes not only into the town centre, but to the Meadowhall shopping centre rail station where you can connect with trains to go elsewhere.

I wonder what they will do about food provision. The NEC had a canteen, but as far as I know the Arena only has junk food stands. I know there are restaurants and Meadowhall within 1/4 to 1/2 hour walking distance, but sometimes you just don't want to leave and miss the practices. Guess it might be down to Pot Noodles and a flask of hot water in the car again.