PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 2012 Europeans in Sheffield Question

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

kia_4EverOnIce
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking about buying those tickets too..moreover I'll be living not so far from Sheffield next year!

skatefan
05-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you. :)

"Robin Hood Airport"! How cool is that?

yeah :lol:

Depending upon the cost of transferring from, say, Manchester to Sheffield it might be cheaper to fly into and transfer from Stansted. I'm sure there will be coach/rail links between both these large airports and the M1 to Sheffield.

allezfred
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
yeah :lol:

Depending upon the cost of transferring from, say, Manchester to Sheffield it might be cheaper to fly into and transfer from Stansted. I'm sure there will be coach/rail links between both these large airports and the M1 to Sheffield.

There's a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield, isn't there? Somebody I know said that if you can drive, fly in to Robin Hood Airport as it doesn't seem to be served particularly well by public transport.

Asli
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
There's a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield, isn't there? Somebody I know said that if you can drive, fly in to Robin Hood Airport as it doesn't seem to be served particularly well by public transport.

Yes, there is a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield and there doesn't seem to be public transport from Robin Hood to Sheffield - only to Doncaster. So probably one has to take a taxi for the 25 miles.

Plus I don't see any flights from Paris to Robin Hood. There are some charters to an airport called "Sheffield City Airport" but the name of the company didn't reassure me. I can't remember now but it gave the impression of "Mickey Mouse". :lol: I checked "Sheffield City Airport" and it says "no incoming flights today" It isn't very reassuring that there isn't a single flight all day. :lol:

I prefer Manchester. It's big, the flights are direct and it is the venue for the magnificient BBC drama North and South. :swoon:

Anyway, I'm having fun.

Nadin
05-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Sheffield City Airport no longer exists, it closed a few years ago and as far as I know Robin Hood is used more for package holiday type flights.

Asli
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you Nadine. :)

I've just booked tickets. Wheeee! You can print it at home, I'm actually looking at it. :rollin: This will be my first skating trip since mini-Asli no.1 was born almost nine years ago. :)

(Of course not counting the yearly trips to TEB which takes place three metro stops from my home.)

Nadin
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Good for you Aslı, you'll enjoy it even more :)

Hedwig
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM

I've just booked tickets. Wheeee! You can print it at home, I'm actually looking at it. :rollin: This will be my first skating trip since mini-Asli no.1 was born almost nine years ago. :)

(Of course not counting the yearly trips to TEB which takes place three metro stops from my home.)

Whee, Asli is coming!! :cheer:
Now I have to come as well so we can live our I&K uberdom together!!

I am still calculating my vacations days but I think I will be there as well. :)

Asli
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM

I am still calculating my vacations days but I think I will be there as well. :)

Wheeee! It's better to live our uberdom in the arena, so we won't post about it and annoy the others. :shuffle:

Finnice
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM

And I have bought mine! So see you in Sheffield! (And hopefully in TEB before that!!!)

Finnice
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Whee, Asli is coming!! :cheer:

Come, come!

Hedwig
05-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Finnice is coming too!?

Okay, I am off to buy my tickets.

:)

Yes, Asli, I know how ubers of other skaters annoy me so I try (unsuccessfully) to rein my uberdom for I/K in. :shuffle:
But no need for that in the arena!!

C_T_T_
05-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I offered to Volunteer a few months ago but they haven't told me if they want me yet so I don't know whether to buy tickets or not yet. Also not too sure what my job situation will be but it going to take a lot to stop me! :cheer: that so many FSU people are going!

Asli
05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
And I have bought mine! So see you in Sheffield! (And hopefully in TEB before that!!!)

Wheeeeee! The more the merrier! :cheer2:

I'll have to be abroad during TEB next time unfortunately. :(
Only the second time I'll have missed it since 1996.

Morelli
05-02-2011, 04:47 PM
When people refer to printing the tickets at home, have you booked them on-line? I can't see an option for doing this.