PDA

View Full Version : What does Richard Dornbush need to do to move into the top tier of men's skating?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Jaana
05-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I think he needs a quad and some improvement in his general skating. For next season I hope that he will choose good skating music to interpret and forget about playing a character.

Jammers
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Jason Brown will be one to watch too. His LP at Nationals even without the triple axel was spectacular. He already has a great presence on the ice and just needs to keep improving.

briancoogaert
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Richard will be 20 in a couple of months, so I'm pretty sure he's done growing, and that was a 3x-3t, not a 2x-3t :D
My bad for the combo.
But as a male, I can tell you that body changes a lot after 20 years old !
It's not growing in term of height. But muscles are bigger after 20, shoulders and chest are bigger too. ;)
:D reminiscence of crs :D

olympic
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM
My bad for the combo.
But as a male, I can tell you that body changes a lot after 20 years old !
It's not growing in term of height. But muscles are bigger after 20, shoulders and chest are bigger too. ;)
:D reminiscence of crs :D

Cool.

The body does get thicker as you mature, but is there a big difference between 20 and 25?

~tapdancer~
05-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Cool.

The body does get thicker as you mature, but is there a big difference between 20 and 25?
IDK, but I see a difference between 20 and 23 year old Charlie White. Scott Moir, not as much but there's a difference there, too.

pinky166
05-06-2011, 03:28 AM
IDK, but I see a difference between 20 and 23 year old Charlie White. Scott Moir, not as much but there's a difference there, too.

I agree. I think the same is true of Brian Joubert and Tomas Verner, who look substantially broader/sturdier now than they did around the 2006 Olympics.

Ziggy
05-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I think he needs a quad and some improvement in his general skating. For next season I hope that he will choose good skating music to interpret and forget about playing a character.

All skaters should play some kind of character to give more depth to their expression (and well, to have any kind of expression in many cases ;P).