PDA

View Full Version : Where do Samuelson/Bates fit in next year?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jenna
05-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Emily and Evan enjoyed a trip to the Olympics in 2010 as the #3 American dance team, but his injury forced them to take an entire season off. Assuming they return in the 2011-12 season, where do you think they will fit in on the totem poll of US teams? Mind you, they have yet to compete a short dance in competition.

Do they replace Chock and Zuerlein as #3 or will they have to settle for fourth best?
Or do they shock everyone with a top two or first place finish?

Lanna
05-01-2011, 05:29 AM
They will :kickass:! :cheer2:

millipied
05-01-2011, 05:32 AM
nowhere, unless D/W retire.

ilovesalchows
05-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I think C/Z will lose out to S/B and K/G-S next season. In fact, they pretty much were passed by K/G-S this season, but for one fall at nationals.

I think S/B will be team #3, barring recuperation problems.

Jayar
05-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I think C/Z will lose out to S/B and K/G-S next season. In fact, they pretty much were passed by K/G-S this season, but for one fall at nationals.

Not accurate. K/G-S were fifth, and were 16 points behind the third place C/Z. Had they not fallen, they would have finished in 4th ahead of the Hubbells.

dinakt
05-01-2011, 07:46 AM
They fit with the Sp/Z group ;)
I hope they quickly rebound and are among the three National medalists. I missed them quite a bit this year: their unison, extension and personality.

casken
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM
C&Z did better than expected at worlds, and more importantly they are with Shpilband.

I don't see the USFSA dumping them unless S&B have a stellar fall season, (Do they get GP events next year?), or C&Z have an awful season.

No way in hell they're beating the Shibs.

millipied
05-01-2011, 10:37 AM
C&Z did better than expected at worlds, and more importantly they are with Shpilband.

I don't see the USFSA dumping them unless S&B have a stellar fall season, (Do they get GP events next year?), or C&Z have an awful season.

No way in hell they're beating the Shibs.

Until Zueva's students competing, S/B can only hope for miracle.

MikiAndoFan#1
05-01-2011, 10:38 AM
They will :kickass:! :cheer2:

:respec:

shah
05-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Until Zueva's students competing, S/B can only hope for miracle.

don't forget that Samuelson and Bates also moved to Z/S camp :P (after the 2009/2010 season). at least I haven't heard about any other changes.

UMBS Go Blue
05-01-2011, 12:07 PM
IN NO TECHNIK here, but I don't see any reason why S/B wouldn't be neck and neck with the Shibs, assuming S/B are able to restart exactly at the point where they left off before Evan's injury.

Also, any news on whether Evan is all recuperated and back on the ice?

blue_idealist
05-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure. I think they'll definitely be behind the Shibs and Davis/White but they may be able to beat Chock/Zuerlein for the third spot. Although, as someone else mentioned, Kriengkrairut and Giulietti-Schmitt might be a factor without a fall, and I'm not sure what the Hubbells are doing. I don't think Samuelson/Bates would have trouble beating the Hubbells now though.

Twizzler
05-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure. I think they'll definitely be behind the Shibs and Davis/White but they may be able to beat Chock/Zuerlein for the third spot. Although, as someone else mentioned, Kriengkrairut and Giulietti-Schmitt might be a factor without a fall, and I'm not sure what the Hubbells are doing. I don't think Samuelson/Bates would have trouble beating the Hubbells now though.

He-Hubbell isn't skating anymore. She is skating with Zach Donohue.

Allen
05-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I think the Shibs may have a lock on second in the US, but I feel like S/B can easily pass C/Z. It's sad though, because to me, the most interesting US couple right now is K/G-S. I just wish they could get on the technical level of the other teams.

Skittl1321
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I would expect them to be the third ranked team, below D/W and the Shibs.