PDA

View Full Version : Most disliked coach.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OrioleBeagle
05-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Who do you dislike more- Tom Z or Morozov. (Or is there another coach out there more worthy of contempt?)

Zokko!
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Mishin? :confused: Well, I respect him, but I'm always under the impression he's not well liked here.

Who's Tom Z.?

MikiAndoFan#1
05-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Who's Tom Z.?

Tom Zakrajsek, Flatt's coach.

briancoogaert
05-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't think I can say I dislike anyone ! After all, I don't know personnally any of those coaches. And I respect all of them for their abilities.
But really, I don't share the vision of this sport of Mishin and Morozov. ;)

Zokko!
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Tom Zakrajsek, Flatt's coach.Thanks for the information! :respec:

Flatt's coach? While I agree she's not exactly the most pleasant thing on ice to watch, I don't get the despise. Must be US internal, I guess.

Really
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Damn, I thought it was Brian Orser! Ooops...that's only in certain threads -- pardon me!

Moka-Ananas
05-01-2011, 04:14 PM
The most disliked coach here probably is indeed Morozov.
Shpilband/Zueva aren't also that loved.

misskarne
05-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I get the impression from some that Mishin's name is practically a filthy word...

Must be a bunch of people jealous at the amazing skaters he's trained! :lol:

ChelleC
05-01-2011, 04:43 PM

Or perhaps we don't find those skaters all that amazing. My issue with Mishin is every single one of his skaters has horrible choreography and costumes. I'll agree he's a great coach when it comes to jumps.

There are so words to describe what I think of Tom Z. right now.

blue_idealist
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't think Tom Z. is so bad. Joanne McLeod is also widely disliked.

Cheylana
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Robin Wagner hasn't gotten much love here either.

aliceanne
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. Why are these coaches worthy of contempt? The only reason you even know their names is because they have had many successful skaters. Very few coaches have a skater go to Nationals, let alone more than one.

michiruwater
05-01-2011, 08:21 PM

No matter the situation, the 'you're just jealous' argument requires no thought whatsoever and is an easy way out of actually thinking up logical reasons. It also never holds any water. I hate, hate, hate this stupid, cliche line.

Judy
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Or perhaps we don't find those skaters all that amazing. My issue with Mishin is every single one of his skaters has horrible choreography and costumes. I'll agree he's a great coach when it comes to jumps.

There are so words to describe what I think of Tom Z. right now.

I don't think his style fits in with the the new system that was obvious with Plushenko. I don't know what he was like personally but I always thought he looked like a little mean man!! lol

pinky166
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Tom Z. Morozov's creepy but his students are really talented jumpers and for the most part quite consistent. Got to give him credit where credit is due. Tom Z on the other hand, produces a lot of slow, generic skaters, a lot of whom are inconsistent. Agnes needs to leave Tom Z ASAP, she has so much potential but I fear it won't amount to anything if she stays with him.