PDA

View Full Version : Flatt hurt for Worlds but skates anyways !

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Jammers
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
So much for people thinking that Frank and Mirai were going to part company. Sounds like he thinks Mirai learned her lesson at Nationals. Maybe his getting pissed sent her a message.

WildRose
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Frank isn't pleased: http://bit.ly/kvxxgX

OK - I didn't think it was fair to jump on Rachel until we knew the facts. Apparently now we do, and I agree, Rachel should have pulled out and Mirai should have been sent in her place.

Yazmeen
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh, my, this is getting wild. This isn't going to go away. I just hope cool heads prevail and the facts behind the situation can be made fully clear. Rachael should not end up vilified (or pay for) something that may have not been in her control; however, a lot of people in her camp have to answer some serious questions here, especially Tom Z. And Rachael will have to answer those questions, too.

Can't blame Frank for being PO'd. And geez, I wonder how Alissa has to feel, after all that work, and she rises like a phoenix and the US STILL doesn't get the 3 spots...

Wyliefan
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Frank isn't pleased: http://bit.ly/kvxxgX

My word, he seems to have changed his tune.

He may be absolutely right, of course -- it just seems like a long time since he's talked about Mirai like this.

PDilemma
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
^Good god, poor guy, what a total nightmare at one of the biggest competitions of your life. This Tom Z character sounds like a bit of a ... handful.

Re: Mirai doing 3a's and 3z3r's in practice lately... I think Frank is just trying to make a point.

I was looking for video, but couldn't find it. But I believe the exchange following Farris's free skate was Tom Z asking him if it was worth it and Farris saying no.

Farris has left Tom Z.

orbitz
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
And geez, I wonder how Alissa has to feel, after all that work, and she rises like a phoenix and the US STILL doesn't get the 3 spots...

Alissa should still be very proud of what she accomplished. She can only control her performances; Everything else is whatever it is.

Vagabond
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Joshua Farris 2011 U.S. Nationals Free Skate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlz84B7pvL0)

:yikes: :( :mad:

The guy can skate. I hope he keeps competing.

ProgramerUSFS
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Lets go back to the reason for a moment I started the post. What I want to know, is who in USFSA did the Flatt team inform? And the reason I want to know that, is because USFS has provided funds to them to represent the US. In fact if I am not mistaken the figure is 5 digits of funds. Now to me, if you are provided funds, and you are accepted to a team, there are certain things you owe the one supporting you! And that would be advising USFS of your status. I believe it is a requirement that they do so, and if they did not tell USFS, which is what I am hearing, then those funds should be returned and Tom should be fined so that it sends a message to all coaches that you are skating for a team not yourself. It isn't and never has been a one skater show!!

And I completely agree with Frank, the minute they knew that there was an issue, they should have told everyone, so that the team could have discussed the issue, maybe had Miria on a plane set to go if Flatt situation got worse. Tom is lucky that I am not at USFSA, because I would push for a fine and to make it public so that no coach does this again. This is, if he didn't communicate which he is required to do.

Loves_Shizuka
05-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Joshua Farris 2011 U.S. Nationals Free Skate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlz84B7pvL0)

Poor guy. I'm just creeped out by the coach, but I don't wanna go OT.

newbatgirl
05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow, Phil sure knew who to call to keep this story going. Frank can always be counted on to speak his mind and that he did. Having Frank on the record on this is likely going to force a statement from USFSA.

This is getting interesting. And thanks to those posters who filled us in on the Farris story. Good Grief!

ETA: Joshua Farris' Facebook page says he's healed, back on the ice, and jumping again. Thank goodness.

And like others have mentioned, looking for a new coach.

Nekatiivi
05-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I red the Ferris story and watched his Nationals skate. Oh my god. That was most terrible skating video I have ever seen. Poor boy! Tom Z should be punished for allowing/pressuring Ferris to skate.

And no way Flatt should have skated with a fracture on her tibia. I blame both Tom Z and Rachel. She is not little girl anymore and should have known better.

olympic
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe we should start a website providing available coach information to all of Tom Z's students.

dinakt
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, Phil sure knew who to call to keep this story going. Frank can always be counted on to speak his mind and that he did. Having Frank on the record on this is likely going to force a statement from USFSA.

This is getting interesting. And thanks to those posters who filled us in on the Farris story. Good Grief!

ETA: Joshua Farris' Facebook page says he's healed, back on the ice, and jumping again. Thank goodness.

And like others have mentioned, looking for a new coach.

Thanks for the info on Joshua Farris. I am soooo relieved he is back on ice, looking for a coach and continuing to skate. A brave kid. That whole thing at Nationals was just so wrong.

PDilemma
05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe we should start a website providing available coach information to all of Tom Z's students.

Rachael is apparently leaving due to college. So let's get that info to Agnes first!!

newbatgirl
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
And I completely agree with Frank, the minute they knew that there was an issue, they should have told everyone, so that the team could have discussed the issue, maybe had Miria on a plane set to go if Flatt situation got worse. Tom is lucky that I am not at USFSA, because I would push for a fine and to make it public so that no coach does this again. This is, if he didn't communicate which he is required to do.

It's public now and by getting a statement from Frank Carroll, the Coach of All Coaches, Phil Hersh is pushing USFSA into action.

At least that's my hope.

Fans who care about this story should push other reporters to press USFSA for information/action as well. I think we've all been at this rodeo long enough to know that USFSA typically does very little unless they are MADE to.