PDA

View Full Version : RSF forcing Russian coaches to coach only Russians until Sochi

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Iceman
05-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Somewhat ot: I have never understood why more top flight skaters haven't used Raphael,
especially since the Kween used him. As far as I know Mao was his last and that was seasons ago. Also diffiuclt to understand how Morosov juggles so may skaters at a time and appears to do well by them.

misskarne
05-24-2011, 05:14 AM

Now I have to know...

What did Australia beat Russia at? :lol:

caseyedwards
05-24-2011, 05:47 AM
All of Austrailias golds and medals were in snowboarding but Russia won a gold in snowboarding as well.

misskarne
05-24-2011, 05:49 AM
All of Austrailias golds and medals were in snowboarding but Russia won a gold in snowboarding as well.

Ah, I suspected as much!

GarrAarghHrumph
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Somewhat ot: I have never understood why more top flight skaters haven't used Raphael,
especially since the Kween used him. As far as I know Mao was his last and that was seasons ago. Also diffiuclt to understand how Morosov juggles so may skaters at a time and appears to do well by them.

Nikolai Morozov, in the US at least, had coaches that assisted him. Those coaches would do much of the training of the skaters, and Morozov would direct it, and do some of the training as well. All of the coaches in the "Morozov camp" basically taught in a style compatible with that of Morozov.

GarrAarghHrumph
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Closing doors does not seem to hurt Chineese pair skaters. they have built their pair program from nothing, without any influence of the experts from other countries.

That is not true. The Chinese pairs teams and their coaching staff, once the teams were at a certain level technically, came to the US to learn western styles of makeup, hair, costumes, music, and choreography. There were US coaches and etc. helping out.

hanca
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
That is not true. The Chinese pairs teams and their coaching staff, once the teams were at a certain level technically, came to the US to learn western styles of makeup, hair, costumes, music, and choreography. There were US coaches and etc. helping out.

My understanding was that they seeked help from outside only when they were very near to the top. The most of the job (from nothing to near to the top) was done with them being closed to extrenal world.

giselle23
05-24-2011, 06:09 PM

I read that Zhao trained in Russia early on, before he teamed with Shen.