PDA

View Full Version : RSF forcing Russian coaches to coach only Russians until Sochi

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Frau Muller
05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm wondering if Russia would even allow passports for its top coaches. No passport - no chance to travel. Shades of USSR days when 'untrusted' coaches wouldn't even accompany their students to int'l events. Hope not.

Frau Muller
05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
It's official his new training base will be Novogorsk. He'll spend summer in the US and Latvia and then resettle in Moscow.

Ahhh...very soon Morozov will have to sing this tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOifaUXPk4g

Ajax
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Closing doors does not seem to hurt Chineese pair skaters. they have built their pair program from nothing, without any influence of the experts from other countries.

Didn't S&Z have to work with Lori Nichol in order to become more expressive in their performances?

quiqie, thanks for the translation. It's interesting that the Russian Fed wont' object to Amodio or Ando but no mention is made of Fernandez.

hanca
05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
It looks to me as if Morozov has made deal with RSF. They will allow him to keep Amodio and Ando and in return he will teach the skaters Russian federation sends to him. Compromise.

goldberry99
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I think these situations can work out to be positive or negative for the skaters depending on the individuals involved.

Positive: Shpilband's camp of B/A, V/M, & D/W all spoke about how the competitive environment inspired them and pushed them to be better skaters.

Negative: Grishuk/Platov and Krylova/Ovsiannikov with Linichuk, Yagudin and Plushenko with Mishin. One skater left at least partly because they believed the coach was not giving them enough attention or helping their competitor.

Now B/A did leave Shpilband, but they chose to do so after having a positive experience for many years, and that's the point, that they can choose based on their needs. Skater/coach/training groups should be decided based on skater's needs which can be based on many things(personality, geography, maturity) other than skill and qualification.

It shouldn't be decided for them one way or the other. If Russian Skater A would benefit from training with non-Russians and Skater B would benefit more from 100% of a coach's attention, they should find coaching situations to fit them.

If the Russian Federation's top priority was improving their skaters you'd think their motto would be "Whatever Works."

MorganaLefay
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
This will be very bad for I/K--they needed P/B there!

millipied
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
This will be very bad for I/K--they needed P/B there!

There are reports that I/K are leaving Zhulin anyway. So no damage I can see.

Asli
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Really? :confused: Where are they going?

millipied
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Really? :confused: Where are they going?

That is the biggest intrigue next year. There are some hints in the latest Pisseev's interview;)

Rafter
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM

I wonder if I&K will be going to Shpilband?

Yukari Lepisto
05-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I wonder if I&K will be going to Shpilband?

That's my guess too. esp. since Piseev said that P/B will be replaced by americans and canadians... wow

hanca
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
It would get there quite crowded. They have already at least 6-8 senior teams...

V&M, D&W, S&S, C&Z, S&B, Tobias/Stagniunas, K&A, Lichtman/Copely...

millipied
05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
There are plenty of other coaches besides S/Z. But Ilinykh already has positive Canton experience.

Vagabond
05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
There are plenty of other coaches besides S/Z.

There are? :eek:

millipied
05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
There are? :eek:

LOL. I would rep you if I could:)