PDA

View Full Version : Post-Worlds Retirements

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Debbie S
04-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I suspect D/W. I would have also said V/M, but they probably don't want this to be their last season, since they practically didn't compete. And Worlds in 2 years are in Canada, so who knows. But D/W have achieved all there is, and with the Shibs coming up, it would seem like a good time to call it a career. And I'm sure both of them want to go back to school and finish their degrees.

Libertango
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
The Kerrs, Faiella/Scali

millipied
04-30-2011, 08:55 PM
The Kerrs, Faiella/Scali

LOL, that was before Worlds?:)

millipied
04-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I suspect D/W. I would have also said V/M, but they probably don't want this to be their last season, since they practically didn't compete. And Worlds in 2 years are in Canada, so who knows. But D/W have achieved all there is, and with the Shibs coming up, it would seem like a good time to call it a career. And I'm sure both of them want to go back to school and finish their degrees.

So you think they have absolute no ambition or hopes for Olympic Gold?

Debbie S
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
So you think they have absolute no ambition or hopes for Olympic Gold?I'm sure they do, but that's 3 years away. And with the Shibs coming up fast (and Sam/Bates), 3 years is a long time. I'm sure D/W don't want to go the way of B/A. Everyone wants to go out on top. This seems like a good time. Remember, they have their college studies and future career goals that have nothing to do with skating, and they are 23/24 and have been at this for a long time.

HSGP21
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
D/W would be crazy not to, the three spots next year could be easily filled by Shibs, Sam/Bates and Chock/Zir...

Alissa would be crazy to retire... if it were her and Mirai and worlds I have to think they would have three spots for next year. She and Mirai would be a great world team next year....

Rafter
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM

I don't see D&W retiring. Unless Charlie wants to go off and have babies with Tanith.

Dilng
04-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Mao, Yuna, Miki, Caroline, Alissa, Rachael. It's time please retire!!

ks777
04-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Fumie..... maybe not:lol:

Jenna
04-30-2011, 10:56 PM
IDK about D/W, wouldn't they want to make a push for Sochi? At least I hope they don't..but the US is clearly in good hands with the Shibs, C/Z, and Sam/Bates.

Lilith11
04-30-2011, 10:58 PM
*crossing my fingers Mao and Yu-na won't retire*

Loves_Shizuka
04-30-2011, 11:15 PM
D/W would be crazy not to, the three spots next year could be easily filled by Shibs, Sam/Bates and Chock/Zir...

Eazzzeeeee on the :smokin:

Flying Camel
05-01-2011, 03:01 AM
YuNa
Miki
Mao
Carolina
Kira

They have all been around long enough.

Jenna
05-01-2011, 05:06 AM
YuNa
Miki
Mao
Carolina
Kira

They have all been around long enough.

NO WAY! I wouldn't mind seeing these five stay until Sochi. Korpi could be a world medalist if she got her flip and lutz straightened out.

judgejudy27
05-01-2011, 05:18 AM
I totally disagree with those who say Davis & White will or should retire. The Shibutanis arent even close to them now, the point margins are still huge. Not to take anything away from the Shibutanis achievement, but their medal was only made possible by a disaesterous performance by the French, and even then they barely won it. P/B on a good day would have been miles above them, yet both D/W and V/M are in turn miles above a good P/B. It is by no means certain the Shibutanis would pass D/W by 2014, in fact I find it unlikely to happen. I still think I/K have more long range potential than the Shibutanis in fact.

Davis & White can and should pursue future golds and the 2014 Olympic Gold. They would be silly not to continue while in the prime of their careers, especialy in fear of a team who they are atleast 3 falls clear of right now