PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Baby Names

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

DynamicMutation
05-01-2011, 02:49 AM
best name story i know is a family who called their kids Radiateur and Hirondelle (radiator and swallow if you translate to english).

I like ethnically-spelled names...probably because mine and my brothers' are such. Mine translates directly to an english name, while for my brothers the names are distinctly ethnic and one is easy to pronounce, the other not at all.

KikiSashaFan
05-01-2011, 03:00 AM
I used to work somewhere you had to wear a name tag, and if you forgot yours you had to wear the punishment one, which was Gertrude. People only made that mistake once :lol:

BaileyCatts
05-01-2011, 03:57 AM
my sister was very big into initials with her children: KMW, BMW, CMW. I have no reason why, but with the BMW niece I tried to convince her to use a more acceptable name, like Beth, Brianna, or .... but she chose a name that was ???? to everyone.

Aw c'mon ... u know u have to tell us what it is now, don't u? ;)

suep1963
05-01-2011, 05:20 AM
I almost forgot about this one. When I was in high school and college, I worked at a t-shirt place where we'd iron on transfers and letter. A mom came in one day and had her daughter's name put on the shirt. Holly Wood. Mom was so darn proud of it too.

my little pony
05-01-2011, 05:28 AM
I almost forgot about this one. When I was in high school and college, I worked at a t-shirt place where we'd iron on transfers and letter. A mom came in one day and had her daughter's name put on the shirt. Holly Wood. Mom was so darn proud of it too.

i know someone who named their baby holly and their last name was wood

when she was pregnant and people would ask her if she had picked a name, she would say holly. not having anything to good to say about it, most people would just say nothing. so she would repeat it really slow because she thought no one understood the awesomeness of it.

Badams
05-01-2011, 06:48 AM
A friend was going to name her baby Abbey Road Cox. Big Beatles fans. I swear she must have fog for brains because even after pointing out the many reasons it sucked, the poor kid was almost given that name. Thank God reason prevailed! You have to be super careful with a last name like Cox.:lol:

vesperholly
05-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Speaking of The Beatles, one of my former coworkers' daughter is named Penny Lane. His son is Rigby Lane, presumably for Eleanor Rigby. I think that's cute, though - I always liked Penny.

Ozzisk8tr
05-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Has anyone heard about the woman who named her daughter Ladasha, but it was spelt L-a. :eek: She apparently took her daughter out of a school because nobody pronounced it correctly. If it's true, what a stupid mother. Then there's those idiot American rednecks who named their three children JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, Adolf and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie. I'm pretty sure they will hate their names when old enough to know. I had a skating coach once named Richard Balls, he was an alchoholic... can anyone blame him?

millyskate
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Nevaeh is so appalling. The only time I've heard of it was while watching Maury with a friend, which somehow seems very fitting. This unwed teenage girl wanted to name her 4th kid Nevaeh Tnes Legna, which if you struggle reading backwards like I do, is Heaven Sent Angel. :rolleyes: My friend, however, did end up naming one of her guppies Nevaeh Tnes Legna, which gets abbreviated to NTL. :lol:

:rofl: I was reading that backwards and got "Angel sent heaven", which left me confused.

mmscfdcsu
05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I went to college with a girl named Mercedes Binns. :shuffle:

Parsley Sage
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM

I was glad my niece and her husband didn't like my suggestion of naming their first child Timber Woods :lol:

KikiSashaFan
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I love how well timed FSU threads are. Today I met a girl named Alexxiiss. Why Alexis requires so many letters I do not know.

barbk
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Kriztel. I'm sure her mom went to the sound-it-out school of spelling. Along with Jaysun's mom.

When I volunteered in the book room at the high school I learned to ask every single kid how to spell his or her first name, because we're rapidly reverting to the Shakespearean era of variant spellings.

(Having seen the studies on how applicants with resumes with ill-chosen names get picked much less frequently than applicants with with more socially recognized names, I feel bad for these kids.)

*Jen*
05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I love how well timed FSU threads are. Today I met a girl named Alexxiiss. Why Alexis requires so many letters I do not know.

It sounds evil. Like a snake was saying it :lol:

BigB08822
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I can't believe no one has brought up La-a yet. That has to be one of my favorites. :P

I forgot about the names with dash in them. Horrific.