PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Baby Names

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Cyn
04-30-2011, 08:15 AM
:rofl:

Like Genevieve, I was a bit :huh: at how that name was awful.

Now that you explained it, it makes sense. I'm a little slow on the uptake :o

pamela95
04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes. Thanks BaileyCatts. There is nothing wrong with Sarah. Itís just that with her last name being a men's name, when said out loud, her name sounded like a raunchy rumour written on a bathroom wall. If her last name was Smith, Blue would be a lovely middle name.

In university one of my best friends was named Treasure. I forgot how weird I first found the name since Iím so use to it now.

My cousin named his son Orion. I actually really like the name, but it is very unusual.

Parsley Sage
04-30-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm great-aunt to Marion, Juliette, Blake (would have been Destiny), Skarlett, Kree-Anna and Kailee. Or maybe Kaylee or Kaylie or Kailey or Kailie.

Luckily I think my nieces and nephew are done having kids because I think the names/spellings are getting worse.

PDilemma
04-30-2011, 03:44 PM
I graduated with a girl named Meadow. Her parents were free spirits, and her sisters' names are Ivory & Breeze, and her brothers' name is Birch.

Do they feel free spirited when they realize that Ivory, Meadow and Breeze sound like a soap commercial???:lol:

Cachoo
04-30-2011, 05:10 PM
A friend liked nautical collectibles and sailing so she named her daughter Nausica. It sounded too much like nausea to me.
Oh! And I do remember either a rower or kayaker from the Olympics many, many summers ago whose first and middle names were Anna Banana. I don't remember her last name. Her parents had a sense or humor I guess.

Spinner
04-30-2011, 11:19 PM
...and I went to college when a Jynyphyr... I am NOT kidding. I wanted to find her mother and punch her in the face!

:lol: Reminds me of a girl a year behind me in elementary school. Her name was Janelle. But of course that wasn't how it was spelled.... Jahn Nell. Yes, two words. :rolleyes: I'll carry the trend of punching mothers. ;)

alchemy void
04-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Nevaeh is so appalling. The only time I've heard of it was while watching Maury with a friend, which somehow seems very fitting. This unwed teenage girl wanted to name her 4th kid Nevaeh Tnes Legna, which if you struggle reading backwards like I do, is Heaven Sent Angel. :rolleyes: My friend, however, did end up naming one of her guppies Nevaeh Tnes Legna, which gets abbreviated to NTL. :lol:

jollibee
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Sure, I love the sentiment in Nevaeh but come on, Nevaeh = Nivea. Face cream, anyone?

ilovepaydays
05-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Add me to the people who also can't stand it when people give their names "special spellings" or any name that screams white trash or Ebonics. Don't people realize that your child's name will be on things like diplomas, resumes, job applications, and other things like driver's licenses?

I don't get that Michael is on the list because it is too common. Believe it or not, if I have a son, I would like to give him a name like John, Timothy, Jeffrey, or even Christopher.

I also go :confused: when people are talking about baby names and it is obvious that they haven't said the first and last names together because if they did, they would realize how awkward the name would sound. A name should have some sort of nice rhythm when said.

PDilemma
05-01-2011, 01:35 AM
I also go :confused: when people are talking about baby names and it is obvious that they haven't said the first and last names together because if they did, they would realize how awkward the name would sound. A name should have some sort of nice rhythm when said.

A cousin of mine has a daughter named Emma and the first syllable of their last name is "em". Very awkward sounding. No idea why they didn't think twice about that.

cygnus
05-01-2011, 01:44 AM
A cousin of mine has a daughter named Emma and the first syllable of their last name is "em". Very awkward sounding. No idea why they didn't think twice about that.

I know a "Faith Smith". Either name is okay on its own, but combined it's very awkward to pronounce.

PAskate
05-01-2011, 01:56 AM

They also need to think about the initials that the kid will end up with. My mother used to tell me about a guy that she went to high school with that was teased endlessly about that. Not to use his real name, but it went something like this... Andrew Shoemaker Smith

numbers123
05-01-2011, 02:07 AM
my sister was very big into initials with her children: KMW, BMW, CMW. I have no reason why, but with the BMW niece I tried to convince her to use a more acceptable name, like Beth, Brianna, or .... but she chose a name that was ???? to everyone.

Angelskates
05-01-2011, 02:23 AM
My initials are ALF and my sister used to love teasing me once ALF (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/celecrity-pictures-alf-do-you-deliver.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D377&imgrefurl=http://celebs.icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/10/celebrity-pictures-alf-do-you-deliver/&usg=__G7gSEsqFdpVNywbrUhZ5Mu_Gajk=&h=377&w=500&sz=52&hl=en&start=0&sig2=CaAN21Jw1kdYgK3tq-M5pQ&zoom=0&tbnid=RLChrn6TRw7dgM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&ei=Xra8TcOeEI3ksQPiycSkBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dalf%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa% 3DX%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1278%26bih%3D614%26tbm%3Dis ch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=507&vpy=183&dur=952&hovh=98&hovw=130&tx=93&ty=30&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0) came out on TV! :rofl:

PrincessLeppard
05-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Do your cats know your initials? :scream: