PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Baby Names

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Amy L
04-30-2011, 03:26 AM
I also remember a kid I went to high school with named Dusty Mayo. I wonder if there were a Moldy or Tasty in his family...

pamela95
04-30-2011, 03:38 AM
My sisterís roommate's name is Looyryne. I saw it written first and couldnít quite figure out what the name was suppose to be. Turns out itís an insane way to spell Lauren. I canít help but wonder why her parents destroyed a nice name like Lauren by trying to be unique.

I also know a couple that named their child Jack; their last name was Hoff. 'Nuff said. And I graduated with a girl named Sarah Ryan. At graduation they call your whole name, which in her case was Sarah Blue Ryan. :yikes:

Mozart, in my part of NS a very common surname is Outhouse. Apparently somewhere around here is an 80 year old named Ima Outhouse.

vesperholly
04-30-2011, 03:55 AM
My parents had this baby name book (http://www.amazon.com/Best-Baby-Name-Whole-World/dp/0671544632) that had a whole chapter about "Hey parents! Take a name, any name, and make it unique by changing the letters!" and even gave examples. :scream:

rjblue
04-30-2011, 04:04 AM
I know a woman whose first name is Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. She is known as Abcde- pronounced ab-si-dee. Thank goodness, that kind of baby naming is not legal anymore, in New Brunswick.

nerdycool
04-30-2011, 04:04 AM
ETA I also know a Bradye, Meadow, Dante (suits him well though), Madysun, Kaytea, Hunter and a StormI graduated with a girl named Meadow. Her parents were free spirits, and her sisters' names are Ivory & Breeze, and her brothers' name is Birch.

Jenna
04-30-2011, 04:06 AM
I know a woman whose first name is Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. She is known as Abcde- pronounced ab-si-dee. Thank goodness, that kind of baby naming is not legal anymore, in New Brunswick.

:eek: Is this for real?

I quite like the name Hayden. I also like Madison..

rjblue
04-30-2011, 04:09 AM
:eek: Is this for real?Yes. It comes up in conversation here whenever baby naming is discussed. The woman's family is definitely on the lower end of the IQ scale, and thought it would be cute for her to learn how to spell her name from the song.

kwanfan1818
04-30-2011, 04:11 AM
As someone whose name is consistently misspelled and mispronounced -- and, my name, while not common in most of North America, is not that unheard of -- WTF are parents thinking when they come up with these spellings?

my little pony
04-30-2011, 04:13 AM
As someone whose name is consistently misspelled and mispronounced -- and, my name, while not common in most of North America, is not that unheard of -- WTF are parents thinking when they come up with these spellings?

ita, if they like it so much they should change their own name to it

suep1963
04-30-2011, 04:34 AM
My dad's cousin named her first child (a girl) Precious. She must be in her late 70s by now--she goes by Presh. Someone asked her mother once why she chose that name. She said, "well, she was a beautiful baby and very precious to us. Plus we were young shits who didn't know any better" :lol:

My cousin named his son Dante Gabriel. It fits him very well. Once, my aunt was on the phone with them and she said "now you go hug that precious grandson of mine" My cousin replied "Mom, I don't think you want my hands anywhere near his neck at the moment"

In looking up the family history, there was relative named Eastman (went by John) He had a brother named Orlando. His mother was Calista--could explain a few things there!

elka_sk8
04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
I can't believe no one has brought up La-a yet. That has to be one of my favorites. :P

genevieve
04-30-2011, 05:52 AM
I can't believe no one has brought up La-a yet. That has to be one of my favorites. :P
I actually think that one's pretty awesome :lol: The spelling is nuts, but Ladasha is a lovely name.

I graduated with a girl named Sarah Ryan. At graduation they call your whole name, which in her case was Sarah Blue Ryan. :yikes:
:confused: I have no idea what is objectionable about any of those names or the combination of them, other than maybe Sarah being extremely common.

skateycat
04-30-2011, 05:56 AM
I went to high school with Tom Sawyer Finn. I went to college with Tarzan Obadiah Greenberg.

Lanie
04-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Today I saw on a license plate...thing...

My Boys: Colton and Baysen!

:yikes:

BaileyCatts
04-30-2011, 06:29 AM
:confused: I have no idea what is objectionable about any of those names or the combination of them, other than maybe Sarah being extremely common.

I didn't make the original post, but I'm going to take a shot at what is wrong with "Sarah Blue Ryan" when you hear it out loud. You know that thing about words sounding the same but are spelled differently? Hmm, how can I say it without getting banned though ....... The wind 'blew' all the leaves away. Now say the name again with that change in mind. :lol: