PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Baby Names

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

oleada
04-30-2011, 12:30 AM
From the Head Start rosters that I can remember: Paradise, Reality, Uniqua, Misty Rain, Hermoine [stereotypically Mexican last name]....

Also, there was a Howard Howard. That's first name Howard and last name Howard. And he was a junior...:slinkaway

One of the volunteers at my old job had a daughter named Aquanetta.

A friend's full name is Amber Dawn.

PDilemma
04-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I had a student named Echo. And one named Sunny Dawn because that's what it was when she was born. Thank goodness she wasn't born during a blizzard or a typhoon or something. And I once knew a woman named Merry Christmas born on Christmas of course.

Mozart
04-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Christmas is a common last name here so there are lots of Mary Christmases

sk9tingfan
04-30-2011, 12:35 AM
The two names that I found to be the most ridiculous I've ever seen, were two that I found my corporate directory(OK, things were slow :) ) were Lancelot Philadelphia and an employee that had named her new daughter Yashica Konica (reported in the corporate newsletter).

Could you imagine going through life with those names? :lol:

ChelleC
04-30-2011, 12:43 AM
oh I also dislike the name Justice as all of the Justices I know have been quite, um, difficult behaviour wise ;)

I've never known anyone with Justice as a first name. Where I'm from it's a common last name, it was my maternal grandmother's maiden name.

Tristan is one of my favorite names for a boy.

my little pony
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
i have known a few single mothers who named their baby Justus because it is "just us." each time i hear it, i stare in disbelief as if it was the first time i heard it.

numbers123
04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Are they Finnish?

no, but in the same community there were kids named: Freedom, Tree, Moon etc. My bil and sil were a bit of a free spirit and lived in a free spirit community

I believe that my niece named Justice was named because she was born before my nephew left for his second tour of duty in Iraq

overedge
04-30-2011, 01:40 AM
...and I went to college when a Jynyphyr... I am NOT kidding. I wanted to find her mother and punch her in the face!

I am sure there were times that Jynyphyr wanted to punch her mother in the face for hobbling her with such a ridiculous name.

RockTheTassel
04-30-2011, 01:52 AM
My dad works in a maternity ward and has heard quite a lot of ridiculous names over the years. The most memorable was a lady who didn't speak English well. She wanted to name her daughter "vagina". :yikes: It took several nurses to explain why this wasn't a good choice and encourage her to pick something else.

I guess there are worse names than Neveah after all. :lol:

purple skates
04-30-2011, 01:53 AM
What the heck is wrong with Michael? :confused: I don't think it's boring.

BaileyCatts
04-30-2011, 02:04 AM
That reminds me of the girl in high school whose last name was "Breeze". She named her daughter "Autum Summer". Autum Summer Breeze. :wideeyes:

colinmom71
04-30-2011, 02:18 AM
I knew a Misty Dawn...

I also had a good friend in middle school whose cousin was named Crystal Shanda. Her last name? Lear... (WHY do people do this to their kids?!)

taf2002
04-30-2011, 02:36 AM
There was a VP at my former company named Cleveland Beverage. For real. And I once had a customer with last name Claus. She named her kids Terry & Sandy (not Sandra).

JerseySlore
04-30-2011, 02:41 AM
My dad works in a maternity ward and has heard quite a lot of ridiculous names over the years. The most memorable was a lady who didn't speak English well. She wanted to name her daughter "vagina". :yikes: It took several nurses to explain why this wasn't a good choice and encourage her to pick something else.

I guess there are worse names than Neveah after all. :lol:

LMAO :lol:
But there are so many guys names Dick. :shuffle:

Grannyfan
04-30-2011, 02:48 AM
My niece is a teacher and once had a student named DestiKnee.