PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Baby Names

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

milanessa
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
They bug me too, but I wouldn't pronounced Jaden and Jayden in the same way. The addition of the y changes the sound of the a, for me.

I would unless I knew the accent was on different syllables.

BaileyCatts
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Well, if you have bad associations with people you've known, even the prettiest-sounding, best-meaning name could lead to dislike..

This reason is exactly why I despise the name "Jennifer" and always will. :P Oh and "Lauren" as well.

Vagabond
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I've never even heard of Nevaeh.

Me, neither. How do we even pronounce it?

Never. ;)

danceronice
04-29-2011, 11:47 PM
THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison%27s_disease) is why I couldn't name a kid "Addison."

Mozart
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Well, the Evaeh is just a few months old so only time will tell;) I also know a 5 year old Lincoln... and a 5 year Tom Brady lastname. I guess his parents are football fans. There is also a J'Lynn.

ETA I also know a Bradye, Meadow, Dante (suits him well though), Madysun, Kaytea, Hunter and a Storm

overedge
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Madysun
:eek:

Kaytea

:eek:

I hope the second one's parents are happy when her playground nickname is "Teabag".

Mozart
04-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Kaytea is actually an adult which is why it shocked me so much

Cloudy_Gumdrops
04-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, the Evaeh is just a few months old so only time will tell;) I also know a 5 year old Lincoln... and a 5 year Tom Brady lastname. I guess his parents are football fans. There is also a J'Lynn.

ETA I also know a Bradye, Meadow, Dante (suits him well though), Madysun, Kaytea, Hunter and a Storm

Nothing wrong with Meadow, Dante or Hunter imo. Storm is a little too soap opera, but not necessarily bad.

Those odd spellings kinda bug though. My nephew's name is Dillan. Annoys the heck out of me to see it spelled that way. I wish they'd just gone with Dylan.

Extraneous letters also kinda bug, like with Ashleigh. Course I could be biased because my name is spelled Ashley, but, whatever. :D

Amy L
04-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Neveah also got popular due to the MTV show "Cribs". The lead singer of P.O.D. introduced his daughter, Neveah, and explained that it's heaven spelled backwards. That apparently blew the minds of "Cribs" viewers. :lol: It was a baby name hit for young parents in the early 2000s, and then Evangelicals got a hold of it. I don't know why Neveah is so much more preferred than just Heaven, but I assume people like the a-sound at the end of a girl's name.

Amy L
04-30-2011, 12:16 AM
...and I went to college when a Jynyphyr... I am NOT kidding. I wanted to find her mother and punch her in the face!

numbers123
04-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't know a single person with this name.

It also seems a bit ironic to chose a name that is heaven spelled backwards. That's almost like the opposite of heaven so why not just name your child Hell or Devil or Lucifer?

Neveah, Angel, Precious (yes as a name), Princess (yes as a name), UniQue, Paisley, Chevy (yes because she was conceived in the backseat of a chevy :rolleyes:), twins named James and Jimmy,

I have a niece named Justice, a granddaughter named Madison, a niece named Delihah, a niece named Maakkie, one named Kjila, a friend whose granddaughter is name Makensye

Mozart
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
wow Jynyphyr is crazy. I guess my parents liked different spelling as my name is Jayne but pronounced Janie though hardly anyone calls me Janie because they assume it is Jane.

Mozart
04-30-2011, 12:20 AM
a niece named Maakkie, one named Kjila

Are they Finnish?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
04-30-2011, 12:22 AM
A girl I went to school with was named Special. Her twin sister's name was Snow.

KikiSashaFan
04-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I knew a girl named Morgynne (Morgan). I also knew twins named Melody and Harmony.