PDA

View Full Version : Artur Gachinski cheer thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Moka-Ananas
04-28-2011, 03:37 PM
He doesn't seem to have a lot of fans here but his debut at Worlds was just wonderful!
How that 17-year-old kid handled the pressure on home ice and delivered was just breathtaking! :kickass:
Way to go, Artur! :cheer2:

Show some LUV!

millipied
04-28-2011, 03:41 PM
ITA, talk about raising to the challenge. Very impressive debut! Congratulations!

CynicElle
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I enjoyed his skating, too. He does remind me of Plushenko, but I like Plush, so I don't mind the similarity. Congrats to him.

caseyedwards
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Big congrats to him! Even though Plushenko could have medaled he is the first Russian man to win a medal at worlds under COP!

Moka-Ananas
04-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I enjoyed his skating, too. He does remind me of Plushenko, but I like Plush, so I don't mind the similarity. Congrats to him.

Their technique is the same but I think that Artur's spins are better and his overall body use is softer than Plush's. He's even more plastic IMHO and could do great with lyrical programs.

aliceanne
04-28-2011, 09:30 PM
He has improved a lot since I last saw him (Skate Canada). But he is the tiniest skater (except for Brezova) I have ever seen. I can't help wondering if he will have a growth spurt sometime soon. The two of them make Tong and Kavguti look like hulks ;)

If skaters get any smaller they will disappear!

Moka-Ananas
04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
He's 175cm according to his ISU bio...like most of the skaters.
And he's had his growth spurt already, he used to be a lot smaller.

aftershocks
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Congrats for his bronze win on home ice. He did deliver well under pressure, despite some flaws. His long program was expressive and fun, and he's got a lot of Russian flair. He still needs polish and experience though. Somehow, I don't see him as being very lyrical. He has a kind of puckish quality.

museksk8r
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
For the first time, he captured my attention. His style reminds me of Leonova with all his facial expressions. Vaulting into the air like Plushenko can only be a strong asset for him to possess. I find him to be a cutie in the making too. It will be interesting to see how he matures in the coming years. Congrats to him for winning the bronze! :)

misskarne
04-29-2011, 03:12 AM

Actually, with the way he seemed to be skimming across the ice, he reminded me a little more of Kulik or Abt.

Big congrats to him! Even though Plushenko could have medaled he is the first Russian man to win a medal at worlds under COP!

Really? I didn't know that! Well done Artur! :rollin:

He has improved a lot since I last saw him (Skate Canada). But he is the tiniest skater (except for Brezova) I have ever seen. I can't help wondering if he will have a growth spurt sometime soon. The two of them make Tong and Kavguti look like hulks ;)

At 17 almost 18, I think Artur's nearly done growing. But a lot of men's singles skaters are quite tiny. Yagudin was 5'6" (although he keeps insisting he's 5'9"...bless him.)

For the first time, he captured my attention. His style reminds me of Leonova with all his facial expressions. Vaulting into the air like Plushenko can only be a strong asset for him to possess. I find him to be a cutie in the making too. It will be interesting to see how he matures in the coming years. Congrats to him for winning the bronze! :)

I'm not sure what happened - I think it's the straightened hair - but suddenly he went from "aww adorable bb" to "OMG hel-LO!" :swoon:

(It's not pedo, he's 17 :P)

Seriously, well done Artur. A very impressive performance from one so young. I wasn't a huge fan, but I am definitely keeping an eye on him now.

museksk8r
04-29-2011, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure what happened - I think it's the straightened hair - but suddenly he went from "aww adorable bb" to "OMG hel-LO!" :swoon:

I think it's the straightened hair too that gave him a much cleaner, more handsome look. He actually reminds me a little of Sasha Abt now, and that certainly isn't a bad thing. ;) :hat1: :swoon:

moebius
04-29-2011, 03:30 AM

Won a bronze at 1st worlds just like Plushenko.

Civic
04-29-2011, 03:43 AM
To finish 3rd at his first Worlds is an impressive accomplishment for any skater; particularly one who isn't even 18. Way to go Artur!

misskarne
04-29-2011, 03:44 AM
I think it's the straightened hair too that gave him a much cleaner, more handsome look. He actually reminds me a little of Sasha Abt now, and that certainly isn't a bad thing. ;) :hat1: :swoon:

Being reminded of Sasha is NEVER a bad thing :swoon::swoon::swoon:

Curls make me instantly think of babies and little kids. The straighter hair made him look a little older, IMO. :swoon:

Won a bronze at 1st worlds just like Plushenko.

Plushenko was two years younger :P

A great acheivement! Here's hoping it's the first of many medals in Artur's future.

Willowway
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
His jump technique is impeccable and solid - that's classic Mishin training. I sense (and there's just the smallest hint) that he does actually have some lyricism possible in his movement but I fear that Mishin because he's Mishin won't foster that as it clearly isn't meaningful to him (we can see that in Plushy and other skaters he coaches). Right now the programs actually play against it - musical peaks in the middle of spins and stuff like that. That's a shame. While I don't think AG will even have the big presence that Plushenko has on ice (although I don't appreciate Plushy's 'Vancouver style', I admit he has presence), Artur could in many ways be an enjoyable and more complete skater to watch - the question is whether Mishin will nurture that.