PDA

View Full Version : Artur Gachinski cheer thread!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

caseyedwards
04-05-2012, 08:48 AM
He had problems with his quads all season except for Euros and maybe one successful one here or there. They were really inconsistent starting from the Japan Open. It was a big problem. Euros was a great show of potential. Everything worked!

misskarne
04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
It's a terrible translation I read but what did that say? New boots? Couldn't train right and not enough time to withdraw AND send an alternate?

As far as I am aware, the problems that beset Artur's leadup to Worlds:

- new boots, a month (or less? not sure) before Worlds
- apparently Papa Mishin was sick, too

plus this "serious reason" that is not Mishin's right to disclose. TBH that's the one that's concerning me most of all. :(

All that said, however, the only thing Artur was blaming in his interviews so far has been himself.

Here's hoping it all comes back together for him! He's such an exciting skater to watch.

Holley Calmes
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I like this kid a lot. I can't imagine the pressure he has been under, with the public eye on him as the next big Russian thing. I don't know how any young person could stand up under those expectations, and I think he's done very well. So he had a bad World's...so did a lot of people....

I wish him the best. I hope he can come out from under Plushy's shadow and be his very own man and not be compared to anybody else. (Like that's going to happen...)

misskarne
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Artur has been named as part of Team Russia for the World Team Trophy! :)

Here's hoping he ends the season on a high!

EDIT:

No, apparently he's not after all. :(

Poor Artur, I hope this problem that Mishin won't tell us about is resolved soon. It's sounding more ominous every time I hear it.

Moka-Ananas
04-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I really like Artur and I hope this bad Worlds was only a one-time experience for him.

I'd love to see him back strong next season to :kickass:

Jaana
04-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen him skate yet. Does he have the strong basic skating skills of a Plushenko or Urmanov? How are his carriage and extension?

Nobody has such a carriage as Urmanov did, in my opinion.

love_skate2011
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
No, apparently he's not after all. :(

Poor Artur, I hope this problem that Mishin won't tell us about is resolved soon. It's sounding more ominous every time I hear it.

maybe he will retire ? :confused:
its not like Gachinski made any difference to the russian men status anyways

watching Bush, Voronov in the list :scream: I realize how this is red alarm for the men's figure skating in Russia. no new talents.

Moka-Ananas
04-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think he's going to retire. Way too young and promising for that.

Maybe he has some personal problems?

love_skate2011
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM

who knows, Gachinski tends to be a hit or miss
the pressure is too much for him and maybe retire ?

seriously Russian men need real talents, Gachinski is a hit or miss
Bush and voronov are the best alternates ? :blah::rofl:
Kovtun although is a promising junior also had an epic meltdown at 2012 Nationals :yikes:

misskarne
04-07-2012, 07:05 AM
its not like Gachinski made any difference to the russian men status anyways

He hasn't really been given the chance to yet. But he had a strong showing at last year's Worlds and had a decent season this year too, including 2nd at Russian Nationals and 2nd at Euros. There were some pretty good skaters at Euros too. Like him or not, the guy's no mug.

He's eighteen. I think he should be given a little more time before he's tossed on the scrapheap.

I'm not sure where this "retirement" speculation came from, but I doubt he would at this point unless he was very seriously injured, and I doubt he is since he managed to land several enormous jumps at Worlds.

I would think the problems are personal...I just hope they're not too serious or that they're solvable...I don't like people being sad. :(

Vash01
04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Why is Gachinski not on the WTT team? Did he decline an invitation or was he not invited at all by his fed?

misskarne
04-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Why is Gachinski not on the WTT team? Did he decline an invitation or was he not invited at all by his fed?

Well, his name was on the first lists that I saw getting around, so my thinking is that he withdrew/declined.

A shame because I was hoping he could end the season on a high note.

misskarne
05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
So, a little collection of random Artur news:

- He is going to Canada on May 13 to work with David Wilson;

- He skated in the "Champions on Ice" show on April 30, where he skated with Liza in the opening and stole Carolina from Plushy in the closing and danced with her;

- And he skated in the "Believe" charity show on May 1, where he did a number to "Caruso" by Dima Bilan (I'm still looking for the video...)

In the meantime, because it's the off-season, here's a video I found not long ago and have been watching on endless repeat: Artur rocks Michael Jackson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0QOoT_Jkw

Does anyone know why he changed his ex after this? "Susanna" is quite funny, but Smooth Criminal is just insanely awesome. I'm a bit sad that he changed it.

weir1
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Is he still alive?

I am shocked...

I was sure the Russian Federation would execute him after Nice :-)

spikydurian
05-05-2012, 10:45 PM
All the best to Artur. He's still young and will continue to grow. It's not easy to skate in the shadow of Plushenko but he'll get there. He has shown he has the skills.