PDA

View Full Version : Artur Gachinski cheer thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Moka-Ananas
04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Won a bronze at 1st worlds just like Plushenko.

And like Yags ;)

ciocio
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I cheer for Artur too!!!:cheer::cheer2: I wish him a long and successful career!
Hopefully Artur develops more his own style and Plushy gets rid of the "Vancouver style :blah:" forever and they build a strong team for Russia!!!! :cheer::fan::kickass:

viv
04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see that much resemblance with Plush? In his jumping technique, yes, and that is not a bad thing, but I think he has a much better feeling for the music than Plush ever had. And his looks remind me - as someone else here said - more at Alexander Abt thann Plush. Anyway, he was great yesterday and we will see a lot more great programs from him in the future. :cool:

aliceanne
04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
For the first time, he captured my attention. His style reminds me of Leonova with all his facial expressions. Vaulting into the air like Plushenko can only be a strong asset for him to possess. I find him to be a cutie in the making too. It will be interesting to see how he matures in the coming years. Congrats to him for winning the bronze! :)

OK now I'm a believer. I thought his skating was awfully rough at Skate Canada, and the short program at Worlds was a big improvement, but still a little stiff and unconnected. The long program won me over. If he can skate like that at 17 he'll be a real contender for gold in Sochi. He's athletic and has a great sense of drama.

misskarne
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
And like Yags ;)

Wow, I didn't know that. I see a pattern emerging! :lol: A good one!

Hopefully Artur develops more his own style and Plushy gets rid of the "Vancouver style :blah:" forever and they build a strong team for Russia!!!! :cheer::fan::kickass:

:cheer: Russian 1-2 at Sochi!

Am I the only one who doesn't see that much resemblance with Plush? In his jumping technique, yes, and that is not a bad thing, but I think he has a much better feeling for the music than Plush ever had. And his looks remind me - as someone else here said - more at Alexander Abt thann Plush. Anyway, he was great yesterday and we will see a lot more great programs from him in the future. :cool:

I can see maybe a tiny vague resemblance in the jumping technique, which I imagine comes from having the same coach. But he seems softer in the knees to my eye than Plushy :)

I actually think you can visibly track how far Plushy moved away from his formal ballet training as he grew older. When he was younger (and his ballet days were more recent) his movements and music feel were a lot smoother and cleaner. As he's got older, I think he's just lost that very slightly. Of course, he still has some of the best arms in FS, and the most charisma of anyone ;)

moebius
04-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Big congrats to him! Even though Plushenko could have medaled he is the first Russian man to win a medal at worlds under COP!

Didn't Plushy win a medal at Worlds under COP?

Domshabfan
04-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Didn't Plushy win a medal at Worlds under COP?

No, he was injured in 2005, first world were COP was used and after 2006 as you know he retired and when he came back he did not do the worlds. So Gachinski has the honour of winning the first male figure skating medal under COP scoring system.

kia_4EverOnIce
05-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I like him...he reminds me Plushenko, especially for jumps (obviously, same coach..) but as others say, he also has quite a different style, though I wouldn't say Abt, he's still nearer to Plushenko IMO
Anyway, he did great, and sure winning bronze at first worlds (Plushenko was younger) and even more, at home, it was great for him!

Civic
05-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I haven't seen him skate yet. Does he have the strong basic skating skills of a Plushenko or Urmanov? How are his carriage and extension?

Glacier cat
05-03-2011, 02:02 AM
I haven't seen him skate yet. Does he have the strong basic skating skills of a Plushenko or Urmanov? How are his carriage and extension?

His skating skill is still like a junior skater. He should improve it till Sochi.

blue_idealist
05-08-2011, 06:09 AM
I just saw Gachinski's gala performance from Worlds and it's amusing. I guess it was supposed to be amusing? It's not as easy to understand what he's going for when the lyrics are in another language.

misskarne
04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
I just wanted to revive this thread because I think it's important that Artur fans dwell on the good things he managed to achieve this season.

He did have a bad Worlds, but we can't throw him on the scrapheap because of one horrid competition!

Here's Artur's programs from Euros. I really enjoyed him there. He shows a lot of character, especially in the SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GevQjmsXNHM - Short Program - Saint Louis Blues - 1st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ywEbhH8_Y - Long Program - The Demon - 2nd

I normally hate recycled programs, but I wouldn't mind seeing him do these two again. I think the SP shows a lot of character and is really fun and awesome, while I'm sure he would like to get an opportunity to take the Demon program further and skate it clean on an international stage.

I think he's matured a lot this season - at Euros he had less of that haunted look about him than in the past, and his on-ice personality is really starting to develop!

I don't like this comment from Alexei Mishin though:

"... In fact, there is a serious reason, why Arthur was not ready. But I have no right to disclose it"

(from here: http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/518367)

That doesn't sound very good at all. I hope everything is all right in Artur's life now.

ks1227
04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Gachinski's style is not usually my favorite, but I was really hoping he would do well after last year's breakout skate. I hope he can come back for next year! :respec:

I really would take Gachinski, or Voronov, or almost any Russian male skater other than Plushenko! :shuffle:

caseyedwards
04-05-2012, 07:41 AM
It's a terrible translation I read but what did that say? New boots? Couldn't train right and not enough time to withdraw AND send an alternate?

Vash01
04-05-2012, 08:08 AM
When Gachinski was very young (12 or 13), he was hyped up as the next Plushenko. By those high standards, he has been a disappointment. I like his skating, but unless he gets jump consistency, he cannot be competitive. He had a great worlds last year, and a terrible one this year. So it's hard to say which way it will turn out in the long run. I hope it will turn out great.