PDA

View Full Version : Let's move to next season: Will we see the first ISU rectified 4F and 4Lo and 4T+4T?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

senorita
05-03-2011, 01:12 PM
whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.

misskarne
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.

WTF? Going on this logic, no-one should ever try any new jump or combination, because what is the point except for the wow factor? :rolleyes:

Inventing things, trying new things, is just the way Plushy rumbles. Especially if he's facing a legitimate challenge. I think he enjoys pushing the limits of what is physically possible.

IIRC, the 3A-4T combo would be worth quite a bit because of the second jump having more rotations than the first, although please correct me if I'm wrong. It adds to his difficulty, his TES, and why shouldn't he try to push it higher?

It seems at the moment, however, that he's more likely to be chasing his 4Lo and 4Lz for this season. Apparently he's landing 4S and 4Lo consistently in practice and is fine-tuning his 4Lz. He had it once; it's not so hard to imagine he could have it still or have it again.

sk9tingfan
05-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Would like to see Rippon try a 4lz. He can do a 3lz with both arms over his head so there is something about a lz that he can do it in a much harder fashion than everyone else already!

He can already do a 4lz.

Sylvia
05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
He can already do a 4lz.
Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one. :)

sk9tingfan
05-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one. :)

Yes, and I will be rooting for him to do it!

Skittl1321
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Doesn't count at all until it's landed in competition! Lots of skaters have practice quads.

I hadn't heard that he "had" one yet- just that he was working on it, and landed it a few times.

Ziggy
05-04-2011, 02:20 AM
I don't think we will ever see a 4toe/4toe to be honest.

I mean, given Plushenko's best 3axel/4toes that are recorded are 1/2 rotation short...

I hope that Savchenko/Szolkowy will land a throw 4flip.

briancoogaert
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

WTF? Going on this logic, no-one should ever try any new jump or combination, because what is the point except for the wow factor? :rolleyes:
It's not the same to try it after knee injury at 28 when you don't need it to win, and try it at 16, when healthy and newbie at senior level.

senorita
05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
^ this.

Plus how it adds to his Tes this combo, it is one 3axel + one 4toe no matter where you put it, the sum is the same. This makes sense to add it if he has different kinds of quads in his program and wants to free a pass, anyway i find the combo insane, how from the exit of 3axel to generate the 4t without injuring yourself or falling in your face flat.
Yes Evgeni can want to push the jump department forward but for a benefit in his marks, it makes as much sense as like having the 4-3 in Lp whereas he could have avoided it and could add the 3t in a 3 combo jump, get the same marks and have more air to breath in his Lp.
Or rules have changed and combos are marked different and I dont know it?

Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate. But the way I see Chan throwing the quads lately, maybe we ll see it ;)

Skittl1321
05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate. But the way I see Chan throwing the quads lately, maybe we ll see it ;)

He could do an Amodio style dance break to give himself time to get his breathe back.

briancoogaert
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
^ this.
See, we will agree on everything soon ;)

He could do an Amodio style dance break to give himself time to get his breathe back.
It takes a lot more energy than a Plushenko style posing. :P

wonderlen
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
If Midori and Plushenko had kids.. the kids might be able to a quad axel.

LOL what a silly question! Unless the skater is bionic...sure, he/she will be throwing 4Lz+3Lo or 4A+4T left and right...

senorita
05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
See, we will agree on everything soon ;)
I know! Isnt it worryinG?:cool:

It takes a lot more energy than a Plushenko style posing. :P

have you forGotten Plu CrGbs of his youth?

Proustable
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually, the way COP is set up, there's very little incentive to do a brutally hard/impossible combo like a 4t-4t or 3A-4T

gkelly
05-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate.

This is why I'd like to see a competition (or competition segment) for isolated jumps outside the context of a program.

That would be a much more practical format in which to encourage skaters to push the envelope with rotations and combos that take too much out of them to perform in the middle (beginning) of a fully loaded competitive freeskate.